The Last AirBender Had Potential To Be Better Than DBZ

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Right. If anything, OP will get stoned for saying DBZ is the GOAT. Avatar has better writing, better character development, and waaaay better pacing LMAOOO, fukk i look like waiting 3 episodes just for Goku or someone to finish powering up :heh:

Nostalgia, the characters, and the Budokai game series are the only thing saving that shows legacy
DragonBall was much better than DBZ

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Right, let's just be honest,if DBZ came out today it would be probably be WOAT
No, DBZ has plenty of quality. This new gen has no patience so I can't seem them waiting 4-5 episodes for shyt to happen like we used to.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Right. If anything, OP will get stoned for saying DBZ is the GOAT. Avatar has better writing, better character development, and waaaay better pacing LMAOOO, fukk i look like waiting 3 episodes just for Goku or someone to finish powering up :heh:

Nostalgia, the characters, and the Budokai game series are the only thing saving that shows legacy
GOAT AND BOAT are not the same thing BrehBreh

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never do that. I hate when something is automatically better because its older. People do that with everything.

What I'm saying though is the thing that made DBZ so impactful wasn't the consistency of its story or its detailed animation. There were much better animes out that had a better story, narrative and animation. DBZ came out during a time before the internet wasn't as accessible but it was still the 5th top search in Yahoo! search engine in 2001. Like I said DBZ had a perfect formula. It came out at the right time and grabbed the attention of the right demographic to propel it to the icon it is today.

Same as Naruto which is way way way more comparable to DBZ than TLA is.

Right, let's just be honest,if DBZ came out today it would be probably be WOAT

Like I just said DBZ did come out today. It's called Naruto and its one of the GOAT....

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

What do you mean "saving" its legacy?

Those things ARE its legacy and that's not a bad thing for a show that stopped airing more than 10 years ago...

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
What I'm saying though is the thing that made DBZ so impactful wasn't the consistency of its story or its detailed animation. There were much better animes out that had a better story, narrative and animation. DBZ came out during a time before the internet wasn't as accessible but it was still the 5th top search in Yahoo! search engine in 2001. Like I said DBZ had a perfect formula. It came out at the right time and grabbed the attention of the right demographic to propel it to the icon it is today.

Same as Naruto which is way way way more comparable to DBZ than TLA is.

Like I just said DBZ did come out today. It's called Naruto and its one of the GOAT....
Naruto is trash breh.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Compare shows decades apart brehs...

DBZ came out in the early 90's and revolutionized shyt. Anime has also changed a lot since then over all these years. Of course shows nowadays are gonna be better than it in some ways. DBZ is their blueprint, they just pick and chose on what they think they can do better. Shows change and audiences change.

It's hilarious when these type of threads pop up cuz they always say the same things :heh:

Ask yourself this, do you really think Avatar is gonna hold up the same as DBZ did for 20+ years?

And Avatar is not anime...