The Industry Trying To Phase Young Jeezy Out

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True... it's startin' to feel like the whole T.I. mania from like 4-5 years ago never even happened. Dude has been the definition of cold for the last couple years now.

Far as Jeezy being phased out... not really. He's always been the street favorite who wasn't necessarily huge in mainstream media despite selling a lot. I'm sure the dopeboy theme (especially in the earlier albums) had a lot to do with it as well. But when he has a song that's pretty much playing every hour on the hour as we speak, I can't see how he's getting phased out at all. If anything, T.I.'s gettin' phased the fukk out. We're a loooong way from "Live Your Life".

Yep.

And I think TI KNOWS he's being phased out on some level. He's been sounding really salty in interviews.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
:ahh: I thought y'all woulda stop hating the sohh jeezy don't campaign before 103 dropped.

Jeezy dropped some half way decent mixtapes:leon:Nicca please trap or die 2 was the best release that year mix tape or album. Real is bsck 1 and 2 both was dope. nikka had a top 20 Grammy nominated hit and def jam dropped the ball. Probably because jeezy wasn't kissing ass up there.

Trap or Die 2 was Luke warm at best. The RIB series is just a jumble of forgotten tracks(besides Real nikka Anthem and Sittin Low), the Last Laugh was aight im guessing this was originally 103.

and those grammy nods was for that plies track :scusthov:

Jeezy just ain't the same no more. and this is just judging him off of what he's capable of. TM103 is his worst album, his voice has gotten pretty bad(i think he had a medical condition tho), and in all honesty he's a pretty bad rapper.

He's lucky his name can still carry him because his music ain't what it used to be

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
Trap or Die 2 was Luke warm at best. The RIB series is just a jumble of forgotten tracks(besides Real nikka Anthem and Sittin Low), the Last Laugh was aight im guessing this was originally 103.

Jeezy just ain't the same no more. and this is just judging him off of what he's capable of. TM103 is his worst album, his voice has gotten pretty bad(i think he had a medical condition tho), and in all honesty he's a pretty bad rapper.

He's lucky his name can still carry him because his music ain't what it used to be
:sitdown:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
True... it's startin' to feel like the whole T.I. mania from like 4-5 years ago never even happened. Dude has been the definition of cold for the last couple years now.

Far as Jeezy being phased out... not really. He's always been the street favorite who wasn't necessarily huge in mainstream media despite selling a lot. I'm sure the dopeboy theme (especially in the earlier albums) had a lot to do with it as well. But when he has a song that's pretty much playing every hour on the hour as we speak, I can't see how he's getting phased out at all. If anything, T.I.'s gettin' phased the fukk out. We're a loooong way from "Live Your Life".

T.I only cold bcuz of the jail shyt...expectations I think wuz high after Paper Trail....especially just due to people thinkin coming out of jail means u bout to put out a classic like Pac...I don't know when this myth will die:snoop:(but we expect a classic Boosie:mjpls:....
But when he got out the first time expectations wuz high,then he got caught up again and had to rush that No Mercy out,and fans wuz like :rudy: cuz it didn't nearly live up to what we wanted,so these fairwhether fans moved on...he might be dead mainstream and he'd be best to just come back to the streets strictly,which he claimed he wuz...but it don't sound like it so far.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Realest shyt in the thread. Dopeboy rap doesn't sell anymore and Jeezy was the leader of that movement, aside from Ross and maybe 2 Chainz nobody making that kind of music is being pushed hard right now. This is the post Kanye emo college rap era..if you don't fit the mold of a lame like Tyga,Cudi,Big Sean,Drake,Cole etc...you're not gonna get those dollars behind you.

TI just flat out fell off..it's a wrap for that nikka, hood and commercially.

Im telling ya that the Hood based music is at its deathbed popularity wise. Ye really is the leader of these new niccas and in the next few years, the game will alter into something else altogether.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im telling ya that the Hood based music is at its deathbed popularity wise. Ye really is the leader of these new niccas and in the next few years, the game will alter into something else altogether.

Nah unless hoods just go extinct that could never happen...people said that with the shiny suit era,then came dmx,cash money,rocafella....nikkas said the same with the ja rule everybody singing era and then came 50,and jeezy,TI....it all comes back around,normally takes more then 1 nikka...but the perfect storm will come again...where a few talented hood nikkas will end this shyt and bring forth other street nikkas for the assist.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

I just find it funny that these ppl who don't find it GOOD continually post in any and every jeezy thread repeating the same tired talking points.

U got clowns in here writing novels about an album that they supposedly don't like, and fools in here saying ignant shyt like they don't need to listen to know its bad.

Go head and keep hiding behind your "opinion" as a means to mask ur blind hate. Just don't pretend like nikkas is stupid in here and can't see right through that childish shyt.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
:huh:

If anything Jeezys somewhat drop in popularity happened because of that big ass gap between The Recession and 103. I know he dropped some half way decent mixtapes in between but 103 shoulda been out in 2010 at the latest. Im starting think Jeezy is just lazy with it.

Where are the videos for 103?

Why doesn't anyone outside the internet know who Gibbs is?

THIS. Gangsta Gibbs been murderin shyt for years, son

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps

:what:

Its a discussion on Jeezy being phased out. This ain't an album discussion thread.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Pushing Ross, yes.

However, I wouldn't say they're pushing TI like you said.

When was the last time you heard a TI single on the radio?

by pushing TI, i was referring to 2003-2010.

TI basically phased himself out by dropping overhyped bland music for years. the industry pretty much carried him the last few years of that run, if you want to be real. and it caught up to him. only industry big-wigs like kanye/jay/eminem can get by droppin bs for that long. the last jawn he had that was truly hot was the king album.

dont feel sorry for that man.:comeon: just dont. just let him sail away.

Far as Jeezy being phased out... not really. He's always been the street favorite who wasn't necessarily huge in mainstream media despite selling a lot.

the thing was, he was huge with mainstream audiences and it wasnt acknowledged. he would get snubbed by mad shows. even BET. the only shows that really gave him his props was the VIBE(r.i.p.) & the AMAs.

that right there tells you that he was going to get phased out. i saw this coming as far back as 2006. ive seen it firsthand with alot of artists before him, that were HUGE and now dont even get mentioned while inferior acts from their era get propped up.

sure, hes getting major play. hes droppin big hits while on def jam. lets see how many of these hits get propped up in a few years.

Young Jeezy is so much more important than corny ass T.I.

:shake:

:cheers:

kanye's really not that important. the industry is purposely infiltrating us with these funny-style rappers. the vast majority of them are irrelevant.