The Industry Trying To Phase Young Jeezy Out

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Nah unless hoods just go extinct that could never happen...people said that with the shiny suit era,then came dmx,cash money,rocafella....nikkas said the same with the ja rule everybody singing era and then came 50,and jeezy,TI....it all comes back around,normally takes more then 1 nikka...but the perfect storm will come again...where a few talented hood nikkas will end this shyt and bring forth other street nikkas for the assist.

LOL @ you expect 90s babies to be gangsta in any way. That whole era got stagnated and people outside of the hood moved on. The only street niccas making noise is them 35+ ones that have small audiences. Cats like SP and Beans are struggling to sell out lil clubs for 5k per show, which is sad in itself.

Even young kids in the hood in 2012 want to be Ye or Wayne. With the skateboarding image and all. You keep forgetting that this is the Obama era now.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

If u would been in atl in 03 which was before urban legend dropped u woulda seen it was jeezy mania. You getting your timeline from what u seen on tv.

Trap or Die was late '04/early '05 which was the beginning of Jeezy having a major presence in the A especially on the level of a mainstream artist. Come Shop With Me which came out in '03 was nowhere near the status of T.I.'s hype during that time.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^^homie saying '03 was prolly a typo. ATL had the all-star game in '04, not '03.

with that said, homie is correct. tip was not seeing jeezy.

LOL @ you expect 90s babies to be gangsta in any way. That whole era got stagnated and people outside of the hood moved on. The only street niccas making noise is them 35+ ones that have small audiences. Cats like SP and Beans are struggling to sell out lil clubs for 5k per show, which is sad in itself.

Even young kids in the hood in 2012 want to be Ye or Wayne. With the skateboarding image and all. You keep forgetting that this is the Obama era now.

:heh:

what hood are you from?

some of yall watch too much tv.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

:usure:
Nicca these youngins out here ain't listening to no Fukkin Lil Wayne and kanye.

Round here they listening to this type shyt.

Last edited by a moderator:

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps

:sitdown:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
how did rocafella follow bad boy's model?

no, boost as in kanye was being hyped as the greatest thing since sliced-bread even before anything was leaked. it was so out-of-hand that even one of his labelmates had to say "wait until he puts some music out" or something.

a better question is how many gangsta albums have been PUSHED to go platinum? you think kanye would be doing big numbers if he wasnt shoved down our throats? most of his sales prolly dont even come from rap. i know it dam sure isnt coming from the core rap audience.

Definitely don't recall that happening. Kanye was kinda the odd man out on Roc-A-Fella. He wasn't even a priority on the label until the "Through The Wire" vid started picking up traction. Most of his praise came from his production, but I don't recall him ever being touted by anyone on the Roc. Even by Kanye's own admission, and Jay's as well- he was signed to that label just like M.O.P., Samantha Ronson, Rell, O & Sparks, etc. were... and him actually becoming a marquee artist on the label was WAAAAAY on the back burner. It wasn't until he built his own buzz thru the video, the mixtape, and the album leaking that his project was made into a priority. Before that, the only people biggin' up Kanye as an artist was Kanye himself.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
^^homie saying '03 was prolly a typo. ATL had the all-star game in '04, not '03.

with that said, homie is correct. tip was not seeing jeezy..

Ain't no typo he said that shyt twice. Dude slow.

TIs biggest problem has been staying outta jail.

24s
Rubberband man

those were both hot at the time then this nikka goes and gets arrested.

I mean to be real Flip coulda gave Jeezy a run for his money in 2004. Game Over was a bigger smash than anything Jeezy had at that point.

And the point still stands that when Urban Legend dropped TI was the hottest in the south.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Ain't no typo he said that shyt twice. Dude slow.

TIs biggest problem has been staying outta jail.

24s
Rubberband man

those were both hot at the time then this nikka goes and gets arrested.

I mean to be real Flip coulda gave Jeezy a run for his money in 2004. Game Over was a bigger smash than anything Jeezy had at that point.

And the point still stands that when Urban Legend dropped TI was the hottest in the south.

Fukk outta here. When the allstar game was in atl 03 or 04 jeezy was the hottest nikka on the streets. Tip was on tv and the radio more and that's it.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
Fukk outta here. When the allstar game was in atl 03 or 04 jeezy was the hottest nikka on the streets. Tip was on tv and the radio more and that's it.

nobody knew jeezy outside of atlanta in 03 breh, your comparing him to ti who already had 2-3 hit songs and a platinum plaque already.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
nobody knew jeezy outside of atlanta in 03.

Definitely don't recall that happening. Kanye was kinda the odd man out on Roc-A-Fella. He wasn't even a priority on the label until the "Through The Wire" vid started picking up traction. Most of his praise came from his production, but I don't recall him ever being touted by anyone on the Roc. Even by Kanye's own admission, and Jay's as well- he was signed to that label just like M.O.P., Samantha Ronson, Rell, O & Sparks, etc. were... and him actually becoming a marquee artist on the label was WAAAAAY on the back burner. It wasn't until he built his own buzz thru the video, the mixtape, and the album leaking that his project was made into a priority. Before that, the only people biggin' up Kanye as an artist was Kanye himself.

im referring to the time period after "through the wire" blew up. there was immense hype surroundng him before he really did anything else.

you can prolly go to the other site and pull up multiple threads about it in late '03/early '04. he was the industry's golden boy.

this was when the rap game got corny. when they started forcing too many people on us. they forcefed the south crunk/snap stuff, forcedfed tip as the king of the south, made benzino look like hes crazy, etc.

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Everythang stay shuttin down the club. Dats my shyt

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2fxcjCxX5c"]Young Jeezy - Everythang (Prod. By Lil Lody) - YouTube[/ame]

This have a official video?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I don't know where u lookin but its a good chance its not the hood.....I like the fact u got nikkas now who don't feel like they HAVE to be street nikkas,act like or look like street nikkas....but by no means does that mean majority of young nikkas I live around look the same and act the same as nikkas wuz actin when I wuz a kid and still mock "soft shyt" like Kanye and Drake...and bump local nikkas over any of that shyt lol...maybe it depends on where u at,but I'm still seein basic t shirt,baggy jeans saggin...over skinny jeans and ugg boots,leather pants.

I think this whole thread is one big confusion of visibility vs reality...TI has always been more visible than Jeezy,from bein on tv bein in movies,magazines etc....so it could give the impression that T.I wuz the bigger star....and maybe it does , sum would say visibility does equal stardom:manny:....musically I think jeezy wuz more relevent but a lot of that wuz hype surrounding him....its tuff to say the streets fuked with one over the other where the gap wuz that wide....the streets fuked with T.I hard as fuk....the hype on jeezy had people not from the streets fukin wit him outta curiosity to see what all the hype wuz about tho over TI...but I think nikkas who fuk with one fuk with the other has been my experience....it just goes back to what this thread is about....jeezy ain't big on doing interviews,being on tv,actively seeking out being on nikkas songs....Jeezy ain't the only dude like that,Fab wuz like that when he wuz more popular...would drop his hits and do promo during album time but dissapear until next album realease from the public eye.....but I hope jeezys popularity don't die bein like Fab is,long as the music hot hopefully people won't care he doesn't make himself "visible"...but so far history hasn't shown that it works that way:sadcam: