The Industry Trying To Phase Young Jeezy Out

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
kanye's really not that important. the industry is purposely infiltrating us with these funny-style rappers. the vast majority of them are irrelevant.

:stopitslime:

the industry didn't have shyt to do with kanye blowing up..he's the definition of somebody with ambition and drive..a lot of people would've just settled with being a producer for the roc, especially when nobody on the roc respected you as a lyricist...

outside of his production and a few songs here and there,i don't even like that nikka, at all, but i respect his determination.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i wasnt talking about kanye. i was talking about these other dudes.

but for the record, the industry boosted the f**k outta kanye before "college dropout" came out.

So y'all really think Jeezy was more important than TI? :dwillhuh:

by far.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Nah unless hoods just go extinct that could never happen...people said that with the shiny suit era,then came dmx,cash money,rocafella....nikkas said the same with the ja rule everybody singing era and then came 50,and jeezy,TI....it all comes back around,normally takes more then 1 nikka...but the perfect storm will come again...where a few talented hood nikkas will end this shyt and bring forth other street nikkas for the assist.

Rocafella is Badboy II. Jay took the BadBoy model and ran with it but made sure they never lost the street persona. And in that whole timespan NELLY outsold the lot of them.

50 came out singing with songs as saccharine as any Ja attempt like 21 Questions but with a more gangsta persona. Only really Southern artists can come out and build genuine street-buzz careers.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
i wasnt talking about kanye. i was talking about these other dudes.

but for the record, the industry boosted the f**k outta kanye before "college dropout" came out.

Boost as in leaked his album before it came out because that's what got dude his big buzz. When the College Dropout dropped some hip-hop reviewers claimed the leaked version was superior and had a better claim of being a classic.

Let's not forget Through The Wire initially flopped and the video money came out of his own pocket. Slow Jamz isn't even a Kanye West song, it's only when that caught steam & the Alicia joint popped coupled with the leaks that got people really talking about dude.

But I agree Kanye is important in terms of the industry. I'm sure Lupe's conscious steez was only ever properly major label supported because of that Kanye/Pharrell/Love Below success. You had Common dropping Gold albums as a result. Notice after Graduation dropped Wayne dropped the hardcore gangsta raps? Wayne already said 808's inspired that trash rock shyt he put out. Without Kanye there's no Drake and there's A LOT of artists copying his shyt.

How many gangsta rap albums have gone platinum since Graduation?

Curtis :shaq:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
how did rocafella follow bad boy's model?

no, boost as in kanye was being hyped as the greatest thing since sliced-bread even before anything was leaked. it was so out-of-hand that even one of his labelmates had to say "wait until he puts some music out" or something.

a better question is how many gangsta albums have been PUSHED to go platinum? you think kanye would be doing big numbers if he wasnt shoved down our throats? most of his sales prolly dont even come from rap. i know it dam sure isnt coming from the core rap audience.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rocafella is Badboy II. Jay took the BadBoy model and ran with it but made sure they never lost the street persona. And in that whole timespan NELLY outsold the lot of them.

50 came out singing with songs as saccharine as any Ja attempt like 21 Questions but with a more gangsta persona. Only really Southern artists can come out and build genuine street-buzz careers.

I don't see rocafella as badboy pt2....don't remember beans,bleek state property spittin over rnb influenced tracks,and obvious attempts to go pop....u coulda maybe say Jay wuz biggie pt 2 but even that's a reach to me,early in his career songs like Hard Knock Life,Can I Get A is what got him hot,and those don't represent the shiny suit era
People tryna rewrite hitory like Jays shyt wuz soft,that didn't happen til late in his career when he wuz damn near bout to retire with Excuse Me Miss,Change Clothes.....ain't shyt soft about Big Pimpin,girls girls girls,give It T to me,change the game...closest u can say he came wuz Izzo,which I don't even know what that wuz....it wuz a song that shouldna had a chance to blow with that horrible azz hook,but jay spit so vicious on it and wuz so popular it didn't matter.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps

:usure:

I mean I can see that TI dun fell off a bit but to say that Jeezy is "by far" more important is a bit of a stretch.

Jeezy can't match that stretch from Trap Musik to King that Tip had. Also factor in the success Tip has had as an actor(Takers, AG, ATL) I just can't fathom how Jeezy is more important.

Is it because of the snowman shirts?? :dwillhuh:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
jeezy was bigger than tip thru that timeframe. you can make an argument for tip being bigger when "king" was out. thats about it.

who cares about acting? it seems like youre getting caught up in hype.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
jeezy was bigger than tip thru that timeframe. you can make an argument for tip being bigger when "king" was out. thats about it.

who cares about acting? it seems like youre getting caught up in hype.

We talking about importance, that encompasses a broader scope than just music.

And why u acting like Tip wasnt running shyt down south when Urban Legend dropped?

ASAP
MOTIVATION
YOU DON'T KNOW ME

TI was the King until Ti vs Tip dropped

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
phasing out? no. lost in the shuffle? yes, most certainly yes.

TM103 had a crazy crazy budget (pushed back/redone + marketing and videos). he took a long time to resurface and once he did he found himself in a circle of artists that do more work than he did/does. it happens.

this is exactly what happened

hes not being "phased out" by any means :childplease:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
We talking about importance, that encompasses a broader scope than just music.

And why u acting like Tip wasnt running shyt down south when Urban Legend dropped?

ASAP
MOTIVATION
YOU DON'T KNOW ME

TI was the King until Ti vs Tip dropped

:snoop:

If u would been in atl in 03 which was before urban legend dropped u woulda seen it was jeezy mania. You getting your timeline from what u seen on tv.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
:snoop:

If u would been in atl in 03 which was before urban legend dropped u woulda seen it was jeezy mania. You getting your timeline from what u seen on tv.

:what:

Im from Macon and i went to college in south Carolina. I Have lived in the south my whole life. TI was on fire when Urban Legend was out.

Try harder :lift:

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
:what:

Im from Macon and i went to college in south Carolina. I Have lived in the south my whole life. TI was on fire when Urban Legend was out.

Try harder :lift:

Don't know where u from or care. But I know when I was in atl for the 03 all star game jeezy was that nikka. Trap or die had the streets on smash and the Nicca was gettin zero radio play.