The Industry Trying To Phase Young Jeezy Out

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
im referring to the time period after "through the wire" blew up. there was immense hype surroundng him before he really did anything else.

you can prolly go to the other site and pull up multiple threads about it in late '03/early '04. he was the industry's golden boy.

this was when the rap game got corny. when they started forcing too many people on us. they forcefed the south crunk/snap stuff, forcedfed tip as the king of the south, made benzino look like hes crazy, etc.

"They"? :laugh:

Dude, WE dictate what the fukk THEY like 9 times outta 10. "They" get it when it's already old to us. "They" hype shyt that WE were already co-signing and then sell it to the rest of "them". Especially in the era where MTV and BET are barely even a factor anymore... from 50 to Kanye to T.I. to Wayne to Drake to Nicki... most of the time, we were talkin' about that shyt first. I don't recall any of them just droppin' out of the sky and blowing up without already having a heavy buzz in the first place.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
"They"? :laugh:

Dude, WE dictate what the fukk THEY like 9 times outta 10. "They" get it when it's already old to us. "They" hype shyt that WE were already co-signing and then sell it to the rest of "them". Especially in the era where MTV and BET are barely even a factor anymore... from 50 to Kanye to T.I. to Wayne to Drake to Nicki... most of the time, we were talkin' about that shyt first. I don't recall any of them just droppin' out of the sky and blowing up without already having a heavy buzz in the first place.

drake? lol. hes the epitomy of they.

and yes, kanye was the chosen one. i dont care how you try to slice it.

2004 was when it started to become more about THEM than US. its beyond obvious.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
drake? lol. hes the epitomy of they.

and yes, kanye was the chosen one. i dont care how you try to slice it.

2004 was when it started to become more about THEM than US. its beyond obvious.

Everybody has some cut-off point when they decide rap suddenly got taken over by the establishment... people back in 2004 were saying it happened earlier than that. It's always something/someone who gets hot and then the mainstream outlets shove it down everybody's throat. Might be the first year you noticed it happenin' a lot, but that shyt's BEEN goin' on. BUT... even in sayin' that, it's damn near ALWAYS something/someone WE cosigned first.

Say what you will abotu Drake... I'm not a Drake fan myself... but I CLEARLY remember when niqqas were on the boards biggin' up So Far Gone. Before Drake even had a deal. When "Best I Ever Had" was buzzin' and then radio picked it up. Now if he was a corporate creation that Jedi Mind Tricked us into thinking "we" were up on him before "they" were, that's one thing. But he didn't just show up on TV/radio one day and everybody fell in line. THAT didn't happen.

And Kanye? Aight man, if you wanna take them 4 months or so leading up to College Dropout that Roc-A-Fella started to give a shyt about him, and say he was 'the chosen one" it's all good. But I don't remember homie being the "chosen one" by Roc, Def Jam, or anyone else until late-2003. After the mixtape, after "Through The Wire" started rotating like crazy, after the album leaked. Before that, he was in articles talkin' about how he wasn't sure when the album was coming out.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
im not saying that rap wasnt taken over by the establishment before 2004. im saying thats when they pretty much began to turn mainstream hip-hop into the dictatorship that we see today.

and like i said, go to the other site and use your search functions regarding kanye west. theres no need for me to go back and forth about this at all.

drake had secret money behind him that whole time that his mixtape was "buzzin on the internet". no different than the fughazi mixtape buzzes of the artists that came after him. and then came all the industry cosigns out the blue, followed by his secret society coronation at the bet awards despite the fact that most viewers didnt even know who dude was.

its too early to start rewriting history. niccas know wassup. give it 10 years like you do for outkast. you should have no problems telling the future noobs otherwise.

now lets get back to jeezy. PLEASE.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
im not saying that rap wasnt taken over by the establishment before 2004. im saying thats when they pretty much began to turn mainstream hip-hop into the dictatorship that we see today.

and like i said, go to the other site and use your search functions regarding kanye west. theres no need for me to go back and forth about this at all.

drake had secret money behind him that whole time that his mixtape was "buzzin on the internet". no different than the fughazi mixtape buzzes of the artists that came after him. and then came all the industry cosigns out the blue, followed by his secret society coronation at the bet awards despite the fact that most viewers didnt even know who dude was.

its too early to start rewriting history. niccas know wassup. give it 10 years like you do for outkast. you should have no problems telling the future noobs otherwise.

now lets get back to jeezy. PLEASE.

"Mainstream" rap has damn near always been a dictatorship at some point. When most artists weren't sellin' big unless their shyt was hardcore, that was the same difference. When most artist weren't sellin' unless they had a Hype Williams video and a party joint, same diff. Like I said, you may have noticed it more post-2004, and the quality of the music is a whole nother ball of wax, but it had BEEN happening.

Rewriting history has nothing to do with it. It's REMEMBERING history enough to know it didn't happen the way you said it did. Just because you have the unpopular opinion (which I know you LOVE to have), doesn't make it a fact.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
stop trying to force words in my mouth. thats some fakkit chit.

LIKE I SAID. i never said the industry just got f**ked up in 2004. but long gone are the days where a nelly can come out of nowhere and do eminem numbers. long gone are the days when no limit can come thru on some rebellious chit and outsell every other label independently. need i go on? by 2004, it was a complete wrap for stuff like that. thats the point im making. and i know you can comprehend what im saying because youre not stupid. so stop trying to twist my chit.

King Karim

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jeezy is fine. Industry never catered to him b/c of what's in his content and who he came in the game went. album over 600 sold,
Unless something totally happens unexpectedly 103 will tap out around 650k'ish domestically and around 850'ish worldwide, which is great for the homie, all things considered.

The Thug Motivation trilogy is done.

new direction and styles next album

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Wacky D and his made up conspiracy rap theories....every dog has his day for the sun to shine on his ass. Jeezy day has come and passed eventually like every other rapper from his city...Luda and T.I. can't catch a hit right now to save their lives. Are they being phased out...no...their time has passed.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
yo homie, are you that davey d cat who used to run that hip hop site out the bay?

nah. lol.

dam thats a compliment tho. thanks.

Wacky D and his made up conspiracy rap theories....every dog has his day for the sun to shine on his ass. Jeezy day has come and passed eventually like every other rapper from his city...Luda and T.I. can't catch a hit right now to save their lives. Are they being phased out...no...their time has passed.

i didnt make up any conspiracies. this is how the game is. jeezy is far from the 1st.

lol @ jeezy's time being passed. do you not see the impact of tm103? go outside. this is one of the reasons why i never take you seriously, NERD.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC

its too early to start rewriting history. niccas know wassup. give it 10 years like you do for outkast. you should have no probdfmmlems telling the future noobs otherwise.f
D
now lets get back to . PLEASE.

Im noticing that the drake supporters continue to ignore the bolded..:upsetfavre:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
What does secret money have to do with Drake having some hot songs? I could see if his joints were trash but we all gave So Far Gone a listen ourselves and decided he had some hot tracks on there. If yall nikkas got paid to give the tape props then point me in the direction to get my check because i missed out.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Kanye? Nah, the album leak did a lot for his career. Like I already said, Through The Wire initially flopped and the video whilst creative, was cheap as hell and Kanye made it.

Like I said before, how comes Slow Jamz was not released by Def Jam?

I agree with Drake & Wiz Khalifa. I believe both were signed prior to the release of there big mixtapes and where pushed from that side.

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does secret money have to do with Drake having some hot songs? I could see if his joints were trash but we all gave So Far Gone a listen ourselves and decided he had some hot tracks on there. If yall nikkas got paid to give the tape props then point me in the direction to get my check because i missed out.

It's the whole "fake indie when I'm really not" thing. Drake had an industry push behind him at that time, but had the whole fake "did this on my own" thing going.

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
Even if he was unsigned, the co-signs helped a tremendous amount.