The Industry Trying To Phase Young Jeezy Out

emoney

custom user title
Daps
how is he being phased out?

I think it's more him just chilling and taking it easy

he said it himself a few months before the TM103 dropped...that he had to take some time away from the spotlight, go back to his roots and get back in touch with the streets to deliver the type of music he's been known for

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how is he being phased out?

I think it's more him just chilling and taking it easy

he said it himself a few months before the TM103 dropped...that he had to take some time away from the spotlight, go back to his roots and get back in touch with the streets to deliver the type of music he's been known for

I'm hopin he gets over sum west coast nikkas beats...its a untapped sound right now bcuz there's not a more commercial nikka out there to carry it....I like the fact he been workin wit Quik that could be a beatiful thing:to: and mean a major coemback for quik...maybe fuk with them Pharmecuticalz nikkas too...would love to hear Jeezy rappin over sumthing like "My Lil Grimey nikka":krs:....sound that's still hard enuff for jeezys fans but different from all the Lex Luger knockoffs.

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
Cuz Gucci is better and his mixtapes made 103 look like a coaster

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Or maybe the problem is that he's signing Bloods and stuff, wack ass rappers who he fukks with cause they are "real nikkas". Freddie Gibbs is the only cat worth anything on his label and even he's too depressing/street for this shyt.

Jeezy is busy eating of one of the biggest (and ugliest) urban brands out, touring, recording and fukking with his people.
I would guess that his clothing brand is his biggest income..

what Im saying is that BY NOW he should have some credible "under bosses" to keep his label and buzz going when he Aint dropping shyt. There is NO ONE on CTE who can generate buzz for the label besides Jeezy. Seem like Jeezy Aint doing shyt but making tracks very now and then, and sitting on business ventures he made when he was hot. Doesn't seem like he's pushing his BRAND forward.

Look at Wayne, Ross, Jay, Kanye they can sit back and eat off their artists in between projects. Jeezy doesn't have that option.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
"THe mainstream media cover My president is black"?
You know that by the time the single had dropped he already moved mad records, the only reason Fox covered it was cause they performed it (Jay and Jeezy) on the inauguration night and they thought it was racist specially cause Jay was in DC cause the president invited him to the vip section.

No, it was more than just that. It was played a lot on various news shows, playing in the background on political shows, people were singing the words in public.

My point being is when he puts out a song a lot of people like, he gets attention. He doesn't really make the type of records that would catch on in the mainstream media. Trap Rap really isn't safe for advertisers and never was. That is not something that just popped up because the industry is trying to 'phase young jeezy out'

People keep on saying he's declining, bla bla bla But he's selling records and selling out shows. Just shut down summer jam like that..
Who are these people with more talent and more dimensions selling more records than him besides the ones that have been here since the 90s + Drake/Wiz.
His media presence is probably higher than ever right now. More interviews, documentaries on VEVO with Samuel and all that.

And yes those are the medias including MTV, Billboard and other more corporate media sources, I'm not saying that they are hating on him. I'm saying that he's never fukked with the media, dude was the last person in the industry to get a twitter.

Sellings records, getting spins, and selling out shows (tho he didn't sell out in LA I know that) doesn't equal multi dimension to me. Just like being popular doesn't make you talented. Hes a one dimensional rapper. What he does in that one dimension has been dope in the past. Lately, ehhh. Thats just my opinion because hes been out for a while and the shyt is repetitive. It happens to a lot of artists. 50 cent got stale as fukk with his sound.

The media has never really fukked with Jeezy and probably never really will is what I am saying. His decline is because people are not interested in him as much as they were when say TM101 came out, not because people wanted to phase him out. I have rappers I like that no one else seems to across the country and I don't think its a secret conspiracy to hold back Murs.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
I know the truth hurts' but Jeezy fell off years ago. He's a shell of him former self. nikkas took his style (from the simple slow flow to the beats) and ran with it. His style does not stand out anymore. It's not as distinct. It was bound to happen. His sound is so simple, that it's easy to emulate. Once nikkas stepped in his lane, he didn't adapt by making sure his shyt was step above everyone else or altering his style enough. The nikka has had little growth as an artist and is pretty one dimensional, even for rapper standards.

its funny the people you claimed stole his style and ran with is still selling less than he is though.

dizzy4111

All Star
Daps
I used to say this but I've come to find out its moreso basically if you not a "industry nikka" don't expect for the media to push your agenda or legacy.....those BET awards is all about who's friends with who,I've seen Jay get nominated sum yrs without doing sumthin all year,or songs get nominated that ain't even come out in the deadlines.....jeezy not that type to try to rub shoulders with certain people just to get his career ahead....long as the streets go his back and he got the streets hell last longer legacy wise then these forcefed acts....but I saw the same thing with Bone who's movement wuz bigger then Jeezys....they not industry dudes whatsoever and don't do industry favors so they get left out now and people act like they don't exist....u can't say its just "of the moment dikkriding" bcuz even at his peak like u said he wuz kinda background.

Great post

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
Jeezy still has 2-3 more gold/plat albums left in him, as far as staying "radio friendly."

I mean, he put out like 4 flopped singles and still went gold :win:. You can say that this album had the least radio-friendly singles of any of his albums -- Warren G beat :manny:, Lil Jon feature :russ:, Plies [who hasn't been hot in years] feature :jawalrus:, Yo Gotti feature :ld:.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
:huh:

If anything Jeezys somewhat drop in popularity happened because of that big ass gap between The Recession and 103. I know he dropped some half way decent mixtapes in between but 103 shoulda been out in 2010 at the latest. Im starting think Jeezy is just lazy with it.

Where are the videos for 103?

Why doesn't anyone outside the internet know who Gibbs is?

:ahh: I thought y'all woulda stop hating the sohh jeezy don't campaign before 103 dropped.

Jeezy dropped some half way decent mixtapes:leon:Nicca please trap or die 2 was the best release that year mix tape or album. Real is bsck 1 and 2 both was dope. nikka had a top 20 Grammy nominated hit and def jam dropped the ball. Probably because jeezy wasn't kissing ass up there.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
its funny the people you claimed stole his style and ran with is still selling less than he is though.

Yeah, but even so, those sales are cutiing into Jezzys pockets and popularity. When Jeezy first came out he had a "sound" Now everybody has that sound. Waka Flack was just complaining about Ross taking his style or something, when Lex Luger wasn't nothing but a updated version of Shawty Redd. It's too the point now where other nikkas is getting mad at people for jacking they style, when these nikkas got it from Jeezy theyself

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, but even so, those sales are cutiing into Jezzys pockets and popularity. When Jeezy first came out he had a "sound" Now everybody has that sound. Waka Flack was just complaining about Ross taking his style or something, when Lex Luger wasn't nothing but a updated version of Shawty Redd. It's too the point now where other nikkas is getting mad at people for jacking they style, when these nikkas got it from Jeezy theyself

you could make this argument about anybody but it dosent mean its hurting there pockets, he just went gold basically off of 1-2 singles so he still has and always will have a huge fanbase but i get what your saying though.

sort of like kanye with the 808's aound and how he started that trend and nikkas ran it into the ground, wayne with the auto tune, ect.