The Industry Trying To Phase Young Jeezy Out

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont know man....just seemed like dude went way commercial to me

"the only time i see commercial is when i watch tv, and yall know that i rep these streets faithfully" - jeezy

i can't even listen to tm103. shyt is way too syrupy. i've been banging the recession a lot, though.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
you can't be real. Jeezy stagnanted and people moved on.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
^in what world?

do yall not realize the popularity of tm103?:what:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
^in what world?

do yall not realize the popularity of tm103?:what:
They clearly don't. Cats kept running with the "Jeezy fell off" mantra so long they refuse to accept the fact that dude is still a top artist in the game and only behind Weezy in the south in terms of popularity. And by popularity I mean measurable popularity, not how many whips are blasting a song or how many plays a track got in the club. I don't now if I would say the media is phasing Jeezy out, but he definitely isn't sucking up to them like most artists are. Jeezy's not on Twitter like that, he doesn't pander to the blogs etc. He'll do his Source cover every now and then but that's it. But at the end of the day, hip hop fans know and love dude so they go out and cop the album. TM 103 would be plat by now if they had capitalized off of Lose My Mind. That's still one of the biggest hip hop singles since it came out. He ate off of fan loyalty this time but I could see there being an actual significant drop in sales if he doesn't come hard the next go around.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
GFID will be LUCKY to do TM103 numbers

jeezy has a FANBASE

no singles in heavy rotation not much media attention/press..

shyt suprised me to be honest...

JEezy dISCOgrpahy >>>> 95% of hip-hop

KingX

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.Big Meech cosigned Ross and Gucci
2. BMF is no longer riding for jeezy
3. BMF put jeezy on and gave him his street cred
4. Being disloyal to the people that basically made you is lame as fukk lame lame lame

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
they cheated jeezy in that BET top 10 of the 2000s list too.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
GFID will be LUCKY to do TM103 numbers

jeezy has a FANBASE

no singles in heavy rotation not much media attention/press..

shyt suprised me to be honest...

JEezy dISCOgrpahy >>>> 95% of hip-hop

:yawn: eastdaygochillin your steez is getting old.

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pushing Ross, yes.

However, I wouldn't say they're pushing TI like you said.

When was the last time you heard a TI single on the radio?

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Pushing Ross, yes.

However, I wouldn't say they're pushing TI like you said.

When was the last time you heard a TI single on the radio?

True... it's startin' to feel like the whole T.I. mania from like 4-5 years ago never even happened. Dude has been the definition of cold for the last couple years now.

Far as Jeezy being phased out... not really. He's always been the street favorite who wasn't necessarily huge in mainstream media despite selling a lot. I'm sure the dopeboy theme (especially in the earlier albums) had a lot to do with it as well. But when he has a song that's pretty much playing every hour on the hour as we speak, I can't see how he's getting phased out at all. If anything, T.I.'s gettin' phased the fukk out. We're a loooong way from "Live Your Life".

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Far as Jeezy being phased out... not really. He's always been the street favorite who wasn't necessarily huge in mainstream media despite selling a lot.

Realest shyt in the thread. Dopeboy rap doesn't sell anymore and Jeezy was the leader of that movement, aside from Ross and maybe 2 Chainz nobody making that kind of music is being pushed hard right now. This is the post Kanye emo college rap era..if you don't fit the mold of a lame like Tyga,Cudi,Big Sean,Drake,Cole etc...you're not gonna get those dollars behind you.

TI just flat out fell off..it's a wrap for that nikka, hood and commercially.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Realest shyt in the thread. Dopeboy rap doesn't sell anymore and Jeezy was the leader of that movement, aside from Ross and maybe 2 Chainz nobody making that kind of music is being pushed hard right now. This is the post Kanye emo college rap era..if you don't fit the mold of a lame like Tyga,Cudi,Big Sean,Drake,Cole etc...you're not gonna get those dollars behind you.

TI just flat out fell off..it's a wrap for that nikka, hood and commercially.

Realest shyt said. This also traces back to who buys music.....the :upsetfavre:'s. Like you said, they aren't on that trap shyt anymore. I remember back when Jeezy blew up, white ppl were all on his shyt crazy. He's just not as popular with casual mainstream fans(mostly :upsetfavre:'s) anymore.