on the Joe Budden Podcast
:russ::dead:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
The standard doesn’t mean it’s the better solution.

Saying the YouTube video did the learning for you, how does that even make sense taking the hard road doesn’t make you learn more, if their is an easier method why not use it.

Critical thinking comes from reading someone else’s ideas in a book but not in any alternative form?

lol you got it :skip:

I'm gonna say this once and hopefully someday it will sink in but I doubt it based on the attitude shown.

There is a huge difference between PASSIVE learning and ACTIVE learning. Watching a video is passive you are not ingraining anything into your long term memory. Yes it is easy and that's why you like it..... You don't have to truly think. You don't have to struggle with tje material. All you are gaining is the ability to regugitate what was said in the video. Will you be able to take the skills presented in the video amd apply them?.. No, because it requires application.

REAL learning does not take place in your "comfort zone" it takes place at the edge. The edge of what you comprehend and what you do not. The place where it is going to be mentally taxing to undsrstand the whole argument presented. The place where you are going to have to go over the material more than once. Reading and reading challenging material does that.....That also requires putting in muthafukkin single focus work....It is not comfortable. Every person in this thread talking about the issue of anti-intellectualism has gone through it and go through it every day because the pursuit of enlightenment never stops.

You say you read, but I don't believe you. You make that claim as if you are a serious reader. But every person in this thread has already been where you're at making the claim of "videos are better", and now know better. Videos COMPLEMENT what you read but can never replace it.

You sound like you have an intellectual curiousity, so I won't disparage you with ad-hominem attacks. But if you want to progress you are going to have to get comfortable in "deep waters"

If there is anything I want you to take from this it is the idea of PASSIVE vs ACTIVE learning. And funnily enough you can watch videos on the concept. But in the end to elevate, you are still gonna have to put in the work.

And if you really get to being about it, I suggest the book:

How to Read a Book - by Adler and Doren.

I've done my part... :hubie:

Well said.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I'm gonna say this once and hopefully someday it will sink in but I doubt it based on the attitude shown.

There is a huge difference between PASSIVE learning and ACTIVE learning. Watching a video is passive you are not ingraining anything into your long term memory. Yes it is easy and that's why you like it..... You don't have to truly think. You don't have to struggle with tje material. All you are gaining is the ability to regugitate what was said in the video. Will you be able to take the skills presented in the video amd apply them?.. No, because it requires application.

REAL learning does not take place in your "comfort zone" it takes place at the edge. The edge of what you comprehend and what you do not. The place where it is going to be mentally taxing to undsrstand the whole argument presented. The place where you are going to have to go over the material more than once. Reading and reading challenging material does that.....That also requires putting in muthafukkin single focus work....It is not comfortable. Every person in this thread talking about the issue of anti-intellectualism has gone through it and go through it every day because the pursuit of enlightenment never stops.

You say you read, but I don't believe you. You make that claim as if you are a serious reader. But every person in this thread has already been where you're at making the claim of "videos are better", and now know better. Videos COMPLEMENT what you read but can never replace it.

You sound like you have an intellectual curiousity, so I won't disparage you with ad-hominem attacks. But if you want to progress you are going to have to get comfortable in "deep waters"

If there is anything I want you to take from this it is the idea of PASSIVE vs ACTIVE learning. And funnily enough you can watch videos on the concept. But in the end to elevate, you are still gonna have to put in the work.

And if you really get to being about it, I suggest the book:

How to Read a Book - by Adler and Doren.

I've done my part... :hubie:
Already read that book
A book is passive as well ideas are pointless without execution
Digital platforms like forums and Discord offer interactive experiences where users can ask questions, get immediate responses, and participate in discussions. This real-time interaction is something books cannot provide.Videos and podcasts incorporate audiovisual elements that can enhance understanding and retention of information. These formats can demonstrate concepts dynamically, making complex ideas easier to grasp.Additionally, digital content often includes features like search functions, hyperlinks, and multimedia integration, enhancing usability. Nothing you said can’t be done in these format but books can’t do any of these things.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
I remember when the brehs and brehettes from SOHH unknowingly motivated me to go beyond my associates degree through their ordinary thread conversations. There was pride in intellectualism back then, for real. Changed my life. Even if we don't talk about it, it's still there, and valuable.

You can sense the quiet pride in several posters. Yall don't even know me, but thank you.

Shout out to:
@Rawtid
@The ADD
@Prince Akeem
@2Quik4UHoes
@tremonthustler1
@dora_da_destroyer
Sorry for missing many more, because there are others I have respect for.

I also see the raw brilliance, creativity, and honesty of several in the next generation.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Yeah.. in particular I really hate when it's a room full of nikkas and we all trying to "out-cool" each other by saying as few words as possible and making corny gestures and trying to add bass to your voice. That shyt lame as hell cause I know you don't act like that around bytches. Turn into pee wee herman real quick around them hoes. Like it's OK bro I know you have a lot of thoughts and opinions on various subjects you can open up more.

It is what it is tho I weed them type dudes out quick. Generic ass low personality types waiting to see who's going to be original first.
When “big bro” comes in the room nikkas do exactly this, even as grown men.

See: The Funny Marco Southside/G Herbo interview. The Druski skit with the 4PF members. shyt took me back to middle school.

Someone on this forum told me forcing kids to study is brainwashing and my jaw was on the floor

Last edited:
Daps
Already read that book
A book is passive as well ideas are pointless without execution
Digital platforms like forums and Discord offer interactive experiences where users can ask questions, get immediate responses, and participate in discussions. This real-time interaction is something books cannot provide.Videos and podcasts incorporate audiovisual elements that can enhance understanding and retention of information. These formats can demonstrate concepts dynamically, making complex ideas easier to grasp.Additionally, digital content often includes features like search functions, hyperlinks, and multimedia integration, enhancing usability. Nothing you said can’t be done in these format but books can’t do any of these things.
You are right, but every single one of those things serves as the COMPLEMENT to the source material....The Book. All the thought amd thinking to create all those ideas was communicated via...... you guessed it. You still need the source of the knowledge......

But you got this....... if you had read said book you wouldn't have this train. of thought.... do you.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You are right, but every single one of those things serves as the COMPLEMENT to the source material....The Book. All the thought amd thinking to create all those ideas was communicated via...... you guessed it. You still need the source of the knowledge......

But you got this....... if you had read said book you wouldn't have this train. of thought.... do you.
You address nothing and think because you repeated your statement it means your right
Let your cheerleaders dap and continue to live in your box

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
A video course of college course shortens nothing
A book can’t compete with seeing something in real life
A book versus seeing a experience live that shows you the concept in action
There are super long documents
you are thinking short form for the masses to consume because of the short attention spans
Reading a book about language vs hearing and seeing visuals
Reading is dated and only kept around for those that profit from it
Reading develops the prefrontal cortex in good faith way. Too much screen time over stimulates it. Reading fills in gaps that videos don’t. Video learning is garbage. You read what’s practical and test it out to see if it works. The book is to complement the heart and hands. Videos also do not always cite primary sources, which we go to for any type of legitimacy. There’s a reason why those Cambridge volume sets go for thousands and appreciate with time and are always in the homes of powerful people

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:mjlol:

Modern civilization as we know it today was built on teaching via literature and real world experiences……. I think half of the dudes posting here are bots of some kind.
Chop my statement to fit your narrative
Address the whole statement in context
Im talking about books being superior to other mediums when learning