The culture of Anti-Intellectualism needs to be talked about more

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its based in hypocrisy and contrarianism. I too was anti knowledge and thought independent thinking was the way. When it was More about ego. More about a lack of self-acceptance.

These anti intellects feel more than think. They feel thier freedom fringed uponn. They feel under -acknowledged for expressing alt ideas or theories.
They feel unheard so idolize a father figure of grandiose lies and false equivalencies.

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Picking a part of statement and reading it out of context :patrice:
Refers to reading books
People cannot real full post but advocates reading full books
How is it out of context when the rest of your post supports that statement?

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
How is it out of context when the rest of your post supports that statement?
Because there are other means of education
In the previous post I’m responding to him trying to down play YouTube because of the content being consumed
Just like there are plenty of people reading erotica and fantasy books that has no educational value
The statement is responding to the previous post
I’m saying the content of what people consume is the issue not the medium of the consumption

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
If it was up to me, if I had some power my country would definitely be a dictatorship and I’m nationalizing education

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I read books and love learning so I’m not against those things, but what is it that yall want people to do in regards to intellect? Also I believe being social skills are generally more important than academic skills for success in life.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I read books and love learning so I’m not against those things, but what is it that yall want people to do in regards to intellect? Also I believe being social skills are generally more important than academic skills for success in life.
Social skills is a type of intellect

And we all should want people to have good thinking skills, who wants to be treated by dumbass doctors or have farmers who don’t know how to grow food

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Because there are other means of education
In the previous post I’m responding to him trying to down play YouTube because of the content being consumed
Just like there are plenty of people reading erotica and fantasy books that has no educational value
The statement is responding to the previous post
I’m saying the content of what people consume is the issue not the medium of the consumption

There are no better means of education than reading. It's not only the most important, it's the first mean of education. Children whose parents read to them at young ages significantly out perform children whose parents don't read to them. Reading (and being read to) unlocks the brain at very young ages, greatly improves your understanding of language, and teaches you how to think. This is also a major reason why white children out perform black children from the get-go in school but that's a topic for another day.

Reading as an older child is the fastest way to open the mind to different ideas, people, thoughts, and places. So it not only benefits you intellectually but culturally as well. Youtube and "content" has no real intrinsic value because it doesn't stimulate the brain, it relaxes it. Which is probably why this generation of Youtube/tablet/tiktok kids are putting up near-historically bad scores across the board in school right now. We stopped reading as a society and the consequences will be devastating. People are sitting back laughing and ignoring the fact that we're witnessing the creation of a permanent lower class. Perpetuated by billionaires who seem hellbent on making sure people are as stupid as 16th century peasants via rabbit hole algorithms, SEO, and AI. All while supporting politicians who are banning books and attacking libraries. Funny...

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
This is also a major reason why white children out perform black children from the get-go in school but that's a topic for another day.

Ping me when you want to talk about this, cause this very post is proving my thesis.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You are too smart (well I think) to say something like this. :comeon:
The current iteration of anti intellectualism in which unbacked conspiracy theory became fact to some people definitely started when he made his charge. The birther and Muslim conspiracies put on him lead to trump parroting the same shyt.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
There are no better means of education than reading. It's not only the most important, it's the first mean of education. Children whose parents read to them at young ages significantly out perform children whose parents don't read to them. Reading (and being read to) unlocks the brain at very young ages, greatly improves your understanding of language, and teaches you how to think. This is also a major reason why white children out perform black children from the get-go in school but that's a topic for another day.

Reading as an older child is the fastest way to open the mind to different ideas, people, thoughts, and places. So it not only benefits you intellectually but culturally as well. Youtube and "content" has no real intrinsic value because it doesn't stimulate the brain, it relaxes it. Which is probably why this generation of Youtube/tablet/tiktok kids are putting up near-historically bad scores across the board in school right now. We stopped reading as a society and the consequences will be devastating. People are sitting back laughing and ignoring the fact that we're witnessing the creation of a permanent lower class. Perpetuated by billionaires who seem hellbent on making sure people are as stupid as 16th century peasants via rabbit hole algorithms, SEO, and AI. All while supporting politicians who are banning books and attacking libraries. Funny...
You are arguing against something I didn’t say
And go on a tangent about children reading
I never said you shouldn’t be able to read
A video doesn’t relax, if you are viewing challenging information
In the same way reading can relax if you reading for entertainment
Context is important when reading