The culture of Anti-Intellectualism needs to be talked about more

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Yeah.. in particular I really hate when it's a room full of nikkas and we all trying to "out-cool" each other by saying as few words as possible and making corny gestures and trying to add bass to your voice. That shyt lame as hell cause I know you don't act like that around bytches. Turn into pee wee herman real quick around them hoes. Like it's OK bro I know you have a lot of thoughts and opinions on various subjects you can open up more.

It is what it is tho I weed them type dudes out quick. Generic ass low personality types waiting to see who's going to be original first.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Anti-intellectualism is some real bullshyt. It's like our culture's got some weird hang up about knowledge and education. We're all about celebrating ignorance, and it's holding us back big time. The lack of respect for critical thinking and education is making our country dumber.
worst shyt in modern times. anti-intellectualism is a whole movement today

it's driving extremism (Magas), pushing people into cults (Q-anon) and presenting chaos at every turn in society because it often devolves into something worse.

you take a hostile idiot, present them with more information than they can digest (the internet) and then they defer to some talking head to get the jist and fall into a trance of negative influences which social media is more than happy to facilitate via their algorithms thus feeding said idiot nothing but a diet of the worst curated one sided non objective media they can. this person becomes trapped in echo chambers that cater to certain narratives and biases. then it's over.

but there's a critical issue here that has to be addressed. Education and you touched on it. For anti intellectualism to rise there was already a bad education standard. they lack critical thinking but compensate for it by being conspiracy minded... these things are often not the same. i'm seeing a massive rise in superstition again and people are sounding regressive

The Realist Perspective

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anti intellectual would mean shutting out any type of alternative to what you believe in. Keeping an open mind to things to at least discuss would show every bit of intellectualism. There are some people who have that shut off mind, and some people that don't. Negged and what starred, OP.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dont get me started on this subject. A lot of fake intellectuals out here that know how to act smart but dont know shyt. Theres a lot of fake intellectuals being paraded around like theyre saying something.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Anti-intellectualism is some real bullshyt. It's like our culture's got some weird hang up about knowledge and education. We're all about celebrating ignorance, and it's holding us back big time. The lack of respect for critical thinking and education is making our country dumber.

I don't think it's a function of culture. Within any community, there are individuals who gravitate toward different things.
People making the conscious decision to embrace ignorance are personal decisions. Just like it is for those who are curious about the world and choose to develop their minds.
Both sets of people are from the same background and "culture".

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Real talk, when we all get into our 70s/80s we might find that reading and writing have gone the way of hunting and fishing. Something that used to be common but faded because of technology.

As a person in the book industry, nothing annoys me more than being around people that proudly proclaim that they don’t read nor have any use for it. All the time in the world to read bullshyt captions and watch videos from random YouTubers but can’t sit still for an hour to read a book. These same people are having kids and continuing the cycle of stupidity. I dead ass look at that shyt as a plague to avoid.

I really don’t take people seriously when it comes to intellectual discussion. Whatever wild cockamamie theories they’ve got I let em have it. Mark Twain said it best to not argue with an idiot cuz it just makes you look like one. I save the real talk for my fellow seekers and learners.