The Batman Universe Will Not Be Touched by James Gunn in DCU Shake-Up

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So we can have current and upcoming multiple different variations of Spider Man/Spider Woman, but no 2 different Batmans'? :dahell:

Personally I think DC movie studios should not do a shared universe. Just do stand alone stories with your characters. If a director comes along and wants to do a Batman Beyond film, or a Jason Todd arc trilogy, even though Reeves is doing his thing, let him. Make it a "choose your own adventure" type thing. Let Marvel have the connected universe thing. Oh and screw WB for scrapping the planned Keaton Batman Beyond movie.
Not sure what you are talking about multiple Spiderwomen? And as far as Spiderman they put them all in one movie it was connected. I doubt the others go off and do their own thing.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
half the thread saying do 2 Batmans and no connected sh-t and half the thread says no do a connected universe :pachaha:

Gunn was right.. yall won't be happy w/ whatever he does so he just gonna do what he wants.

He’s taking over a franchise with projects that were already finished or in development already.

Everything was already disjointed. If they hired him to do a cinematic universe, why even do Batman sequel?

They should’ve just released Batgirl, Flash and whatever content that was already finished…

Then start over.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I think they'll make the sequel which comes out in 2025 and then that will be it.

Then the shared universe Batman arrives around 2028.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
He’s taking over a franchise with projects that were already finished or in development already.

Everything was already disjointed. If they hired him to do a cinematic universe, why even do Batman sequel?

They should’ve just released Batgirl, Flash and whatever content that was already finished…

Then start over.

Batgirl occuring on Earth 2

The Batman on Earth 3.

Joker on Earth 4.

They've established different universes already with DC for years on TV and streaming. That way you can continue to have different stories for the same characters.