The Batman Universe Will Not Be Touched by James Gunn in DCU Shake-Up

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
It wasn't marketed towards kids and the movie would have been boring as hell to kids (its boring to adults too)

There's also not an active batman cartoon or relevant kids show that would lead kids into being batman fans right now which I think is an underrated element to superhero marketing.
I feel like Heath Ledger JOKER in a way handicapped the Batman movies.

Because so many have tried to live up to the dark tone of that movie...so now we get these dark, moody Batman flicks where the tone is dark just for the sake of outgoing the Heath Ledger performance and or to be well reviewed.

I kinda want my Batman movies to cater to the audience that just want to see a fun exciting flick. Seems like they catering towards the films/cinema version of neckbeards.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Because so many have tried to live up to the dark tone of that movie...so now we get these dark, moody Batman flicks where the tone is dark just for the sake of outgoing the Heath Ledger performance and or to be well reviewed.

I kinda want my Batman movies to cater to the audience that just want to see a fun exciting flick. Seems like they catering towards the films/cinema version of neckbeards.
Well to be honest I don't think keaton batman was all fun and games either.

There's definitely a happy medium to be had, but I don't think people are looking for batman to have the same tone as antman, guardians of the galaxy or even batman and robin where it's a family comedy

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Batman isn't big anymore.

Like The Batman being in theaters should be an event on some Black Panther 1 type shyt..did covid effect that? Feels like the movie came and went. No scenes of kids lined up at the movies to watch.

Have they gone to catering to adults fully with Batman?

DOES THE BATMAN LOOK
LIKE A KIDS MOVIE?

THEY COULD HAVE EASILY MADE
IT RATED R IF THEY WANTED
TO TAKE IT THERE.

:devil:
:evil:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
They don't have to go full family comedy but a change in tone is necessary, the dark, brooding, emo Batman has been overdone.
I want the Blue and grey suit back, that's my Batman.

THERYRE FOLLOWING
THE SAME TONE OF THE COMICS.

BATMAN IS SUPPOSED TO BE DARK.

ITS LITERALLY FULL OF PSYCHOS.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Huh? Batman has always been dark. the only times he wasn't are the movies that get clowned relentlessly like the Nipple suit era batman, and adam west go-go dancing

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps

DOES THE BATMAN LOOK
LIKE A KIDS MOVIE?

THEY COULD HAVE EASILY MADE
IT RATED R IF THEY WANTED
TO TAKE IT THERE.

Mah I'm trying to say it didn't feel BIG...just felt like a typical drama/thriller that you forget about a month later...meanwhile I still remember the day My pops and I saw SPAWN.

I think Batman release should be a family..pop culture event..not necessarily kid oriented..

Like breh said it is no cartoon to mix with in marketing.

But it feels like Batman hasn't been a blockbuster in awhile. Don't need to be disney vibes but make it enjoyable for the family.

Ma dukes ain't watching this current batman. The heath ledger Batman she said ":usure: ".

Back in the 60s she watched the TV show...so Batman can be accessible to various age groups if done right.

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
There's no way you could put this last Batman in the Justice League. shyt was more like a detective movie than a super hero movie. Which isn't a negative but he can't roll with the League. I don't see why they can't do two Batmans. One more grounded then one more geared towards Justice League shyt. Cyborg and Flash got in without a movie. JL Batman doesn't need a movie. Just get him in cameos and JL flims.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm with you man. Specially after the Snyder cut. I'm not one of his rabid fans, but fukk it, I liked what he was building.
People WANTED Zach to fail and it's sad that those people won. I like Peacemaker and Suicide Squad but I don't want the DC films to be filled with that style of humor