The Batman Universe Will Not Be Touched by James Gunn in DCU Shake-Up

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this reminds me of when people started asking for a darker more mature pokemon anime years ago :mjlol: :mjlol:
we don't mean going back to Adam west style batman
we're talking about a fantastical batman who's still gothic and brooding but grows into the bat family and chills with the justice league
who's also smart and plans everything but lightens up slightly
sort of like grant Morrison's batman before the new 52 happened
Exactly.

You can tell whose only interpretation of Batman is Dark Knight Returns. :francis:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Reading through this thread, it's obvious that y'all aren't getting it. This is Marvel time. Man wants to build out a 20-30 year set of movies. So we might get 3 Superman movies, 2 WW, and Reeves Batman pops up in 2027 in a cameo of the Aquaman movie. With JL coming in 2030...

They tried the fractured shyt.. It didn't work. They tried to skip the origin stories.. It didn't work. They tried young bat, old bat, crazy joker, funny joker, corny ass robin, grounded almost robin....

All it got them was another damn reboot. Probably seen at least 8-10 batman's since the 90s. And we still in the midst of another reboot. Gunn is literally a Marvel guy who has seen the formula work. Now I doubt it's going to be all campy like Marvel. But we bout to see the first movies and castings of a 10-20 year project. They can hold off on Batman for 2 movies and that's Matt's trilogy and we'd still have time to recast and get the new one in there.