The Batman Universe Will Not Be Touched by James Gunn in DCU Shake-Up

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
That sucks, I don’t think people honestly would care if there were two Batman’s in two different universes

I don’t think people will care either. Its fukking PRETEND. The ticket buying audience aren’t idiots.

But i think from a marketing aspect it probably makes sense not to have to split those kind of resources between two different interpretations of the same character

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
it just makes no sense having him fighting super powered Alien gods, he looked silly in the Justice League movie, just leave Batman to deal with the scum of Gotham and have super powered members in the league with Batman maybe assisting with some intel or some shyt so they can have him on the trailers.

That's the thing about Batman though. He knows full well what he's capable of. He also knows what THEY'RE capable of as well. His presence in the JL is just as much about observing and monitoring the 'good' guys and making contingency plans on how to bush them if they ever go rogue with all their powers.

A Batman satisfied with staying in Gotham 24/7 while you have super humans shooting lasers out of their eyes across town is a p*ssy ass Batman :russ:

Either p*ssy, or stupid to be that trusting of a group of Meta humans who have decided to become the world police without "the worlds greatest detective".

It makes the same amount sense for Lex Luthor, another rich a$$hole with no powers to be Clark's arch-nemesis. If he and Bruce swapped places them nikkas would be dead. He can call plays, bankroll and plot without having to tangle directly with world breaking threats.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Two Batmans are a bad idea in my opinion. What’s the chances that both are good. Bad business move

A failing Batman in march then another one in november isn’t a good move :mjlol:

And it would cut into the profits of the good one even though it’s diffent Batman’s you’ll be less excited after just watching shytty batman not that long ago
You just create a split within the audience. If they let Reeves do his own thing and then let another director doing JL or some other DCU shyt use Batman you create a comparison, then fans start complaining about how "their Batman" is getting mistreated, why it is the better vision and actively starting campaigns to boycott the other Batman. I mean not necessarily but it is likely.
They shouldn't do it, but who are we kidding they are still going to do it. lol Reeves and Phillips are most likely going to be able to do their thing. And someone else is going to want to use Batman, Joker or other characters that appeared in those movies.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

ARENT THE KEATON & AFLECK
BATMEN IN THE FLASH MOVIE?

ARE THEY SCRAPING THAT MOVIE?

:devil:
:evil:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
CEO said he don't want 2 Batmans so maybe Batinson ends up meeting other characters or Gunn doesn't bring in a Batman until Reeves is complete
He may have been referencing the two batman that are in the flash, as in he doesnt want two batmen technically in the same world.

I dont think anyone really knows anything at this point. Gotta wait till they announce something.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That sucks, I don’t think people honestly would care if there were two Batman’s in two different universes

exactly.

why is it so hard to have different universe characters?

you can tell so many more stories that way without forcing connectivity :snoop:

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
So we can have current and upcoming multiple different variations of Spider Man/Spider Woman, but no 2 different Batmans'? :dahell:

Personally I think DC movie studios should not do a shared universe. Just do stand alone stories with your characters. If a director comes along and wants to do a Batman Beyond film, or a Jason Todd arc trilogy, even though Reeves is doing his thing, let him. Make it a "choose your own adventure" type thing. Let Marvel have the connected universe thing. Oh and screw WB for scrapping the planned Keaton Batman Beyond movie.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
You just create a split within the audience. If they let Reeves do his own thing and then let another director doing JL or some other DCU shyt use Batman you create a comparison, then fans start complaining about how "their Batman" is getting mistreated, why it is the better vision and actively starting campaigns to boycott the other Batman. I mean not necessarily but it is likely.
They shouldn't do it, but who are we kidding they are still going to do it. lol Reeves and Phillips are most likely going to be able to do their thing. And someone else is going to want to use Batman, Joker or other characters that appeared in those movies.

Batfleck with a good script woud make Battinson look off brand af.