The Batman Universe Will Not Be Touched by James Gunn in DCU Shake-Up

Daps
I feel like Heath Ledger JOKER in a way handicapped the Batman movies.

Because so many have tried to live up to the dark tone of that movie...so now we get these dark, moody Batman flicks where the tone is dark just for the sake of outgoing the Heath Ledger performance and or to be well reviewed.

I kinda want my Batman movies to cater to the audience that just want to see a fun exciting flick. Seems like they catering towards the films/cinema version of neckbeards.

Batman has had a dark moody aesthetic and feel before the Ledger movie. The animated series thrived on that, and it was created for children. Dark muted colors, few comedic moments (involving Batman himself at least). It definitely had a dark tone, that was continued into the Batman Beyond series where it got REALLY dark.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Y'all just be saying shyt...
Hell yeah we be saying shyt...saying shyt that's true :russ:

It is the year 2022

Get that Bang! Pow! Zip! shyt the fukk outta here :camby:

I want my borderline bipolar disorder billionaire psycho in a bat costume cracking the skulls of criminals allowed to flourish because of a corrupt criminal justice system in a cesspool of a city.

I want him lending a hand when he has to, but not really giving a fukk about a Justice League unless it serves his goal of waging a one man war on crime in the most dangerous place in the country.

I want traumatized teens and/or young adults putting on suits and following him blindly into this one man war, becoming as fukked up as he is but realizing that the PTSD makes him and them stronger and that only he can save this city

I want his butler to remind him that he can't do this forever as he sews up the wound from a bullet that made its way through on his most recent nightly patrol

I want him to deduce that the deadly drugs coming in to the city are being brought in using the trucks owned by the company donating to the corrupt politician who promised Black Mask that "everything will go as planned", and that the drugs are just a derivative of some chemical formulas provided to him by Scarecrow, who was able to come up with the formula by testing it using chemicals provided to him by the Joker, who knew that these combinations would not only be deadly, but make the joker venom that he's releasing into Gotham's water supply even more potent because the storyline takes place during the summer and it's funny to him that Gotham's people will die drinking the very water that they need to cool off

The fukk...that's Batman...

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
batman-shark.gif

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Hell yeah we be saying shyt...saying shyt that's true :russ:

It is the year 2022

I want my borderline bipolar disorder billionaire psycho in a bat costume cracking the skulls of criminals allowed to flourish because of a corrupt criminal justice system in a cesspool of a city.

I want him lending a hand when he has to, but not really giving a fukk about a Justice League unless it serves his goal of waging a one man war on crime in the most dangerous place in the country.

I want traumatized teens and/or young adults putting on suits and following him blindly into this one man war, becoming as fukked up as he is but realizing that the PTSD makes him and them stronger and that only he can save this city

I want his butler to remind him that he can't do this forever as he sews up the wound from a bullet that made its way through on his most recent nightly patrol

I want him to deduce that the deadly drugs coming in to the city are being brought in using the trucks owned by the company donating to the corrupt politician who promised Black Mask that "everything will go as planned", and that the drugs are just a derivative of some chemical formulas provided to him by Scarecrow, who was able to come up with the formula by testing it using chemicals provided to him by the Joker, who knew that these combinations would not only be deadly, but make the joker venom that he's releasing into Gotham's water supply even more potent because the storyline takes place during the summer and it's funny to him that Gotham's people will die drinking the very water that they need to cool off

The fukk...that's Batman...

this reminds me of when people started asking for a darker more mature pokemon anime years ago :mjlol: :mjlol:
we don't mean going back to Adam west style batman
we're talking about a fantastical batman who's still gothic and brooding but grows into the bat family and chills with the justice league
who's also smart and plans everything but lightens up slightly
sort of like grant Morrison's batman before the new 52 happened

Last edited:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did nikkas watch the movie? A major theme of the movie was him coming outta that incel vibe and getting more in tune with the city. And dealing with the fallout of his lack of doing that up to that point, both on his psyche, and GC. He literally went from a symbol of vengeance, to a symbol of hope.

If anything the sequel should be more of the outgoing, playboy Bruce as he comes out of his shell into his own. Not quite the same extra dark vibe/visuals of this yr’s.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did nikkas watch the movie? A major theme of the movie was him coming outta that incel vibe and getting more in tune with the city. And dealing with the fallout of his lack of doing that up to that point, both on his psyche, and GC. He literally went from a symbol of vengeance, to a symbol of hope.
I talked about this a lot in the main movie thread.

The movie started with him talking about needing to induce fear to fix Gotham and ended with him needing to be a symbol of hope. The mayor was on Bruce's ass about being a philanthropist. I have no doubt we'll see a more outgoing Bruce in the sequel.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I talked about this a lot in the main movie thread.

The movie started with him talking about needing to induce fear to fix Gotham and ended with him needing to be a symbol of hope. The mayor was on Bruce's ass about being a philanthropist. I have no doubt we'll see a more outgoing Bruce in the sequel.
And here I thought they were pretty clear and forthcoming with that

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this reminds me of when people started asking for a darker more mature pokemon anime years ago :mjlol: :mjlol:
we don't mean going back to Adam west style batman
we're talking about a fantastical batman who's still gothic and brooding but grows into the bat family and chills with the justice league
who's also smart and plans everything but lightens up slightly
sort of like grant Morrison's batman before the new 52 happened
:scust:

Naw give us solo, detective Batman.