The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wonder if they are waiting to dump all those shares they borrowed or if they are really having that much trouble suppressing the price right now.

I would have thought we would be way down right now considering all the shares they borrowed over the last day or so.:ohhh:
The price action is weird, I expected it to be down 7-10%

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s the deal with these folks on YouTube being some of the smuggest looking obnoxious folks. I don’t even know this cat and I’m almost positive cats probably want to beat the brake pads off of him.
I feel the same way but his content is great and once this stuff is over imma take his stock course

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I feel the same way but his content is great and once this stuff imma take his stock course
All these guys are a$$holes
Retail and hedge funds are the same animal. one just has more power than the other.
But yeah his picks and strats are good from what I’ve seen

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel the same way but his content is great and once this stuff imma take his stock course

yo I watched this video and it was followed by this dude named stock curry :ohhh: they are out here getting paid. He’s legit just talking about other YouTube folks stock selections.

Louisville Slugz

Superstar
Daps
two ways.

First is selling shares short.

Meaning they borrow shares (sometimes they don’t even borrow them first, they just pull them out of their ass:martin:) and sell them into the market, this increases the supply of shares meaning the price goes down ala supply and demand.

They also own shares of their own and they chose opportune times to dump them either to stifle upward momentum or to inspire long holders to sell.

They don’t necessarily directly lower the price but through these and other tactics they influence holders to sell and can suppress the price.
How is this shyt even legal?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you think the hedgies are just delaying the inevitable loss they are about to take resulting in a couple maybe ending up in bankruptcy?

or

do you think they have a Hail Mary type play they are waiting to unleash?

personally I wouldn’t be surprised if the moass begins the moment some type of major news story occurs and the networks are busy covering it so that the attention can be diverted that they are covering but we know that isn’t realistic.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you think the hedgies are just delaying the inevitable loss they are about to take resulting in a couple maybe ending up in bankruptcy?

or

do you think they have a Hail Mary type play they are waiting to unleash?

personally I wouldn’t be surprised if the moass begins the moment some type of major news story occurs and the networks are busy covering it so that the attention can be diverted that they are covering but we know that isn’t realistic.

Pure speculation, but they may be hanging on to hope that another lockdown will scare off semi-value investors in AMC and lead to some actual retail sales. I don't think another lockdown is happening though. And the SEC statements publicly have been encouraging.