The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
:mjlol:So I’m guessing they will blame it all on our greed in the media and history books

:yeshrug:oh well

and I’ll be watching the news like

tenor.gif

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
What are the odds this goes into next year?
Almost certain it wont. All the variables are maxed out. This reverse repo situation is unprecedented. Capital gains tax is retroactive to April so it would benefit no one if it does. Sec Yellen predicts a crash by October if debt ceiling isnt raised. All of the safety nets from the pandemic will be cut by September. It's like a snowball going downhill. The longer this rolls, the bigger it gets. Logic tells me sooner than later. But the play itself is illogical at this point. They could have covered when AMC was $5 and GME was $40.

Crazy time to be alive.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Almost certain it wont. All the variables are maxed out. This reverse repo situation is unprecedented. Capital gains tax is retroactive to April so it would benefit no one if it does. Sec Yellen predicts a crash by October if debt ceiling isnt raised. All of the safety nets from the pandemic will be cut by September. It's like a snowball going downhill. The longer this rolls, the bigger it gets. Logic tells me sooner than later. But the play itself is illogical at this point. They could have covered when AMC was $5 and GME was $40.

Crazy time to be alive.

What do you mean?

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
I was just watching some old dudes talking about it, keep in mind they aren’t a financial channel, but dude is heavily invested and went on a side rant as they were speaking of the state of the economy and credit lines being withdrawn. Anyways he said based on the math of the possible rob in the hood mistake showing the market cap, the shares are actually worth about 8k right now.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Crazy time to be alive.

You gotta think AMC was 1.5 in january, people have already become super rich and cashed out

If they do a controlled squeeze, we can be a 1k by the end of the year, and a lot of people will cash out, reinvest

I can see this shyt lasting for 3 years before they buy back all those shares, can't see how they can possibly cover all those shares

AMC will be a whole different type of company by the time this shyt is over, might take over netflix, and start producing their own movies

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was just watching some old dudes talking about it, keep in mind they aren’t a financial channel, but dude is heavily invested and went on a side rant as they were speaking of the state of the economy and credit lines being withdrawn. Anyways he said based on the math of the possible rob in the hood mistake showing the market cap, the shares are actually worth about 8k right now.
Where u hear this?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Is there a way I can set fidelity to play “must be the money” when it hits 5 figures?

I haven't attempted this but you could try enabling "Market and account activity alerts"

Fidelity.com - Alerts

test it with a stock alert price you know will send you a sms immediately during market hours. once you see the format of the message, add that phrase to the 'ifttt' app minus the stock ticker and dollar amount. do that to ensure it'll only trigger the music playback from your fidelity alert and nothing else. then set the AMC alert for the amount you want to be notified at.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ifttt.ifttt&hl=en_US&gl=US

6ieKIUL.jpg