The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Exactly so what’s the point in me sweating it. Let me know when they actually buy them back. Until that point I’m looking at the price so I can know when to get out of the position.
To each his own but that don’t make no damn sense breh.

You gotta look at all the numbers if you care.

If you don’t, then why spend time in here talking shyt?

Just set your sell price and go on about your life.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
For example.

People in here mad and disappointed at recent downward price action.

If you were following the short interest number you’d know they piled in like 20+ million shares short over the last couple weeks.

We also have numbers showing retail has been buying the hell out of the dip.

If you are in it for a squeeze those should be exciting numbers for you.

But seemingly dudes don’t even understand what the play is, so they see red days and just get mad/frustrated. Then come in here talking bout how they are gonna sell.

Just sell that shyt breh. This play isn’t for you :manny:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To each his own but that don’t make no damn sense breh.

You gotta look at all the numbers if you care.

If you don’t, then why spend time in here talking shyt?

Just set your sell price and go on about your life.

Because that’s not what I want to do. AMC/GME isn’t even 10%. If I’m going to be looking at stocks and trading for the bulk of the day of course I’m going to keep an eye on everything I’m involved in. That set and forget stuff works when you aren’t actively involved. But if you are swing or day trading you will definitely pay attention.

those sit and forget talking points to me are only for blue chips. And these stocks aren’t blue chips at all.

SI being high is great but where has it gotten us? still being beaten and manipulated. Look at the SI for this week how many of them have went on a run?

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They loaded up with 6m this morning. Let's see if they use them.
Something needs to be done about these. I hope it's not a situation where another fund can buy them as debt. Anyone privy to that?

That’s what I’m thinking. Seems to me if another shorter buys them up it just further extends things (kicks the can down the road) that’s a ton of shares.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because that’s not what I want to do. AMC/GME isn’t even 10%. If I’m going to be looking at stocks and trading for the bulk of the day of course I’m going to keep an eye on everything I’m involved in. That set and forget stuff works when you aren’t actively involved. But if you are swing or day trading you will definitely pay attention.

those sit and forget talking points to me are only for blue chips. And these stocks aren’t blue chips at all.

SI being high is great but where has it gotten us? still being beaten and manipulated. Look at the SI for this week how many of them have went on a run?
The stock was $2 this time last year.

Watching those numbers has gotten us very far.

Whether you realize it or not, watching those numbers is why you own shares right now.

If this is a squeeze play and you like watching numbers for the trades you are in, then short interest/shares on loan and community sentiment should be the numbers you are watching. Daily price action is insignificant unless you are trying to day/swing trade.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The stock was $2 this time last year.

Watching those numbers has gotten us very far.

Whether you realize it or not, watching those numbers is why you own shares right now.

If this is a squeeze play and you like watching numbers for the trades you are in, then short interest/shares on loan and community sentiment should be the numbers you are watching. Daily price action is insignificant unless you are trying to day/swing trade.

Apply the keep is simple principle. What matters when I determine to sale is the current price. And the chart.

The SI is an indicator. But it’s not high on my list. Especially with AMC. Trade or invest However you do. Do your thing.

But I’m not impressed by the SI numbers that we obviously see fluctuations/manipulations that isn’t going to stop.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
its a ton of stocks that have high SI even given week or month. This has had high SI the whole time.
Yes and no.

There’s two sides to it.

Most stocks with high short intrest have high short interest for a reason. They are failing companies with little hope, small market caps and little attention from retail.

So those are not good candidates for a short squeeze.

AMC/GME are good candidates because short interest is high AND retail owns a large percentage(if not over 100%) of the float AND both companies have been saved from bankruptcy, therefore billions in short positions are currently in trouble.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Apply the keep is simple principle. What matters when I determine to sale is the current price. And the chart.
Then you should have sold a long time ago.

The SI is an indicator. But it’s not high on my list. Especially with AMC. Trade or invest However you do. Do your thing.
Then you don’t even understand what a squeeze is

But I’m not impressed by the SI numbers that we obviously see fluctuations/manipulations that isn’t going to stop.
Whole point of the play is to be on the right side of those fluctuations when they get out of hand.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes and no.

There’s two sides to it.

Most stocks with high short intrest have high short interest for a reason. They are failing companies with little hope, small market caps and little attention from retail.

So those are not good candidates for a short squeeze.

AMC/GME are good candidates because short interest is high AND retail owns a large percentage(if not over 100%) of the float AND both companies have been saved from bankruptcy, therefore billions in short positions are currently in trouble.

That’s the only reason we are in the stock. But the things that I focus on daily is the price and chart. And than news.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then you should have sold a long time ago.

Then you don’t even understand what a squeeze is

Whole point of the play is to be on the right side of those fluctuations when they get out of hand.

Sounds like you just drank the kool aid…you prioritize the numbers you choose to. Numbers have been high the whole time. Just because I’m not prioritizing them and you are that’s a personal issue. I care more about the current price action.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sounds like you just drank the kool aid…
Ironically that’s you.

You said yourself you were in it for a recovery play then you heard some YouTube’s dudes talking about a squeeze so you bought more.

You drunk the Kool-Aid and had no clue what was in it.

Now you’re mad at the side effects(waiting) and people trying to give you the ingredient list.

My conviction is based on numbers. My decision making is based on those numbers. There’s no Koolaid for me to drink.

As long as short interest keeps going up. And retail interest stays firm. I’m in. Don’t need a tweet or YouTube videos for my confidence.

you prioritize the numbers you choose to. Numbers have been high the whole time.
This is false.

Just because I’m not prioritizing them and you are that’s a personal issue. I care more about the current price action.
Have fun breh :cheers:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Disregard, allegedly they were closed

Those are Puts.

Totally different from short positions.

Short positions aren’t reported so it’s all speculation, but it stands to reason if they owned puts they also owned shorts.

There’s really just no way for us to quantify any of it.

Most important thing to come out of this news is that short selling in general hasn’t been so great for hedgies this year