The AMC Stock Discussion Thread

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The bottom line is that short interest looks great on paper but it’s just another metric.
Short intrest on paper is the only reason we are here. Otherwise there would be no squeeze.

And not one I personally hold at that high of a value because it ultimately doesn’t mandate anything. What matters at the time is the price and chart. It can be 75% tomorrow and what happens? Or it could be 12% what happens?
Again it’s cause and effect.

The price action is directly correlated to short interest.

Even if you only care about the price short interest gives you the “why” for what you are seeing.

Daps
Short intrest on paper is the only reason we are here. Otherwise there would be no squeeze.

Stop saying this. It mattered when we initially entered this play, when it was evident that the stock was shorted to an unsustainable level by hedges. Since then, though, hedges have ignored SI and continue shorting the stock to oblivion. And, no one - not the institutions loaning them shares, nor regulatory bodies like the SEC - is holding them to account.

:francis:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Stop saying this. It mattered when we initially entered this play, when it was evident that the stock was shorted to an unsustainable level by hedges. Since then, though, hedges have ignored SI and continue shorting the stock to oblivion. And, no one - not the institutions loaning them shares, nor regulatory bodies like the SEC - is holding them to account.

:francis:
Why would it just randomly stop mattering :dahell:

Again the whole point of the play is to lock them in those positions then hold/wait till they are forced to close.

there’s nothing illegal about shorting a stock to oblivion. There’s nothing illegal about continually loaning shares. Everyone in it is selfishly trying to make money. There’s no one to hold them accountable but us.

The hope is that the people with power to change things step in, and change them, which we have seen happening slowly. The shyt just takes time.

Beyond that we have a chance to force them to cover through gamma squeeze/buying pressure.

But again, none of it is for sure and all of it will take an unquantifiable amount of time.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I want to say quad witching tomorrow and tax sell offs should cause some volatility tomorrow. May want to consider holding off on purchases.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like Will waiting for his father to come back :francis:

just be patient Breh. This is going to take a while. Massive movies coming all this week. Let’s see where we are next week.

in the meantime look at some other stocks/cryptos if you are into that. Because not too much is shaking here. Unless you are into talking about manipulation and the conspiracies and bs that occur within the market.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How we feeling this Thursday brehs?

Honestly, and I know it's illogical considering our price point, but I feel weirdly positive about this play right now
I’m feeling good breh.

Still very green.

Intangibles in our favor in a way they have never been before.

looking forward to the holidays. Then where the market goes soon after.

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT
How we feeling this Thursday brehs?

Honestly, and I know it's illogical considering our price point, but I feel weirdly positive about this play right now

Bro it is what it is.. when/if it happens then GME/AMC gonna do numbers

Im feeling great, gonna do some yard work and grill for the fam...

Price points set for them noti's

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Before the June run up SI was around where it is now.

It was never 60% in January. I’m not sure where you got that number from.

Volume is a good indicator of how many eyes/wallets are in on the play up or down.

Short interest is the only way to know if shorts even exist.

The shyt is called a “Short squeeze”

Why in the hell would we ignore the “shorts”

:dahell:

Read it on CNBC that morning so that's when I jumped in.

Edit:

It was AMC networks that had the 60‰ that day. :dead:

https://www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject...-investors-squeezing-hedge-funds-spreads.html

I guess this proves that SI is mad unreliable. Look at that list of high SI stocks

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Read it on CNBC that morning so that's when I jumped in.

Edit:

It was AMC networks that had the 60‰ that day. :dead:

https://www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject...-investors-squeezing-hedge-funds-spreads.html

I guess this proves that SI is mad unreliable. Look at that list of high SI stocks
Short interest by itself is unreliable.

again. Lots of stocks deserve to be shorted. There was a time when AMC deserved to be shorted.

Reddit noticed both AMC and GME were shorted to death so people started buying them, which locked shorts into losing positions. In response they piled on to those positions to push the price down and shake people out, but people still kept buying. As of now we are still playing that same game.

The hope is that something will tip this over the edge and force the shorts to stop playing the game.

That’s the play. That’s what it’s always been. That’s what it is today. I get it people just want to see the price go straight up but shyt don’t work like that :manny: