The 9-5 grind unappreciation

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: The grind doesn't bother me too much because my job shows love when it comes to PTO so I normally get 8 hours ever pay period and and already got like 90 hours in the bank. you just gotta use that shyt, I take at least one day off every 2 week pay period.

Just gotta find that life/work balance.

But I feel ya cause I get off at 6pm, go work out for an hour, come home and hang with my daughter and get her ready for bed so its not until 8:30 or 9pm until I get to really sit down and relax....

But I'm not bytching because I rather have that than being unemployed with all that "freedom" all day. Its cool be off a few days but after a week i feel like a bum

ya i get 120 hrs of PTO and 30hrs of unpaid
plus if i call in sick id still get paid
but being in a work mode from 7am to 7pm sucks

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My boy is a personal trainer, he has no set workday and his hours can be whatever, but he charges $100+ an hour and is pretty much chilling for the majority of the day. Dude will have a lesson at 7am, then a huge gap in the day until 5pm and 3 or 4 consecutive lessons then he's done. Or sometimes he'll have no lessons in the morning and 1 at 10pm.

:win:

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
I had to take a huge pay cut to get off that depressing shyt but it was worth it. My health got better,im sleeping better, my social life and dating life are back in full effect. Shifts like that are for old married people with children they have to drop off and pick up from school. Not young people.

Big leap here, definitely worth the peace of mind. I'm lucky because we work rotating shifts i.e.,

M - OFF
T - OFF
W - 2-10p
Th - 1-9p
F - 10-6p
S - 7-3p
S - 6-2p

So its not bad overall, but my schedule is changing soon and I'll have Th/Fr off so those Sat/Sun nights are going hurt.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Do you want to do and it wont feel like work. And im not trying to say be an artist or be a rapper but if you're going to devote the best years of your life to something then it should be worth it.

:childplease:

The only exciting jobs out there involve some kind of art or sports. Maybe politics, but fundraising probably gets monotonous.

Even being a CEO of a major company would suck. They get massive perks and salary but work long hours and have to dedicate nearly 100% of their personal time towards maintaining their business and talking to investors / customers.

My job is moderately interesting at time, but the routine shyt I do often makes work a drag. Most jobs, no matter how prestigious or well paying they are, involve some amount of tedium.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps

The only exciting jobs out there involve some kind of art or sports. Maybe politics, but fundraising probably gets monotonous.

Even being a CEO of a major company would suck. They get massive perks and salary but work long hours and have to dedicate nearly 100% of their personal time towards maintaining their business and talking to investors / customers.

My job is moderately interesting at time, but the routine shyt I do often makes work a drag. Most jobs, no matter how prestigious or well paying they are, involve some amount of tedium.

This, even athletes, actors and rappers have to put in grueling amounts of work and time in.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
i used to live a 3 min cab ride from my office. i could literally wake up a half hour before i needed to be here, shower, get dressed, catch a cab and still have time to grab coffee.

then i moved out of the city about a month and a half ago.
my commute has turned into just under an hour all in each way. it has been the most soul draining adjustment i have ever experienced.

Why??? :mindblown:

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

Nothing worth doing is easy and without struggle, all im saying is if your going to devote the better part of your life to something then it should be worth it, you only live once.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really depends on what you doing off-work time. I got crazy energy. When i got my first 9-5 , it was an summer internship while i was a junior in college. Up at 8 to get to work by 9(bus or subway.both put me off 5 blocks from job where walked from.) Suppose to get off at 5but got off at early as 2 often(still got paid for the full day). From there it was on. I started going to happy hour with my co-workers(10 minutes drive from work).Stayed for about half an hour. Got home by 6:30. Planned my night(Parties, lpoughes, bar, kick it or whateve) Usually got back home no early than 2. I was going to sleep at 4 in the morning and waking up at 7:30. I would cheat during the day and taking a powernap.. Man those was the days. I was tired but hten i wasnt, cuz i was enjoying life. Never seen it as a grind.

I work a night shift now and that shyt is wack. Not because i'm tired but because i'm missing out. Especailly summer nights adn spring nights. i go to work the expression of a nigguh bout to get served life. Just feel like i'm missing out on so much. The worst hing i s being out int he evenign having fun, kicking it, enjoying like adn then havig to home on a coll summer night to get ready for work. THAT SHYT IS SO MOTHAfukkING DEPRESSING AND SOUL DRAINING. My jobs start at 11pm and end at 3-4 in the morning. Its a lot of young cats with no bills(besdie celluar), no kid, and not in college there working the same shift and i cant understand why. I do it cuz i have to cuz i'm in school and have a family. These nigguhs are missing out on the best time of their life and have no responsibilty and not even looking fo rtheir own place. I dont udner the youth at all and i'm only 25

SumBlackguyz

Cacs Gonna Cac
Daps
Reppin
Greensboro, NC
Really depends on what you doing off-work time. I got crazy energy. When i got my first 9-5 , it was an summer internship while i was a junior in college. Up at 8 to get to work by 9(bus or subway.both put me off 5 blocks from job where walked from.) Suppose to get off at 5but got off at early as 2 often(still got paid for the full day). From there it was on. I started going to happy hour with my co-workers(10 minutes drive from work).Stayed for about half an hour. Got home by 6:30. Planned my night(Parties, lpoughes, bar, kick it or whateve) Usually got back home no early than 2. I was going to sleep at 4 in the morning and waking up at 7:30. I would cheat during the day and taking a powernap.. Man those was the days. I was tired but hten i wasnt, cuz i was enjoying life. Never seen it as a grind.

I work a night shift now and that shyt is wack. Not because i'm tired but because i'm missing out. Especailly summer nights adn spring nights. i go to work the expression of a nigguh bout to get served life. Just feel like i'm missing out on so much. The worst hing i s being out int he evenign having fun, kicking it, enjoying like adn then havig to home on a coll summer night to get ready for work. THAT SHYT IS SO MOTHAfukkING DEPRESSING AND SOUL DRAINING. My jobs start at 11pm and end at 3-4 in the morning. Its a lot of young cats with no bills(besdie celluar), no kid, and not in college there working the same shift and i cant understand why. I do it cuz i have to cuz i'm in school and have a family. These nigguhs are missing out on the best time of their life and have no responsibilty and not even looking fo rtheir own place. I dont udner the youth at all and i'm only 25
My shift is midnight-8am and I love it. Its not extremely demanding, then depending on my school schedule, I leave straight from work and head to school. I get home around 12 and my day is complete.

Only thing is though are days where I have meetings or night classes that I have to go back out to school for.

praise be to allah :blessed:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
gotta be up at 7am due to traffic...and get stuck on the 5pm rush hr

so your pretty much at home around 6:30

3hrs remaining before getting in bed at around 9

vicious cycle :sadcam:

:what:try getting up at 4am to at work at 6am for meetings. Then wait for a route cause mangers got their thumb up their asses. Get the route drive damn near 30 miles to ya first stop of 5 which is usually 5 miles apart just to lift soda all in a hot/cold ass truck. Deal with racist ass store clerks cause u make the same if not more then they do and they been there for 20 plus years, after of 2 hours of driving you gotta drive home with is usually 40 mins, 70 mins in traffic.

:heh: ya vicious cycle what now?

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I run websites/webmaster Sh!t. I'm working right now and it's Sunday noon :(

:ohhh: what do webmasters actually do? Edit and upload pages onto the server or just make sure that the site is up and running?

How's the pay bruh?