The 9-5 grind unappreciation

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to work 3-11(really 12) 5 days out the week since high school.. seemingly random 5 days depending on what was going on. I missed so much.

I thank god for having supportive homies who helped me through the struggle, its not like i had much of a social life, but it couldve been even worse considering the hours i worked. I missed so much out of my life.

Working this 9-5 is wack on terms of waking up, but i wouldnt trade summer time night for anything. When it finally warms up, im calling up some ol girls and blazing up with them at the park under the stars... dont even need to smash, ive learned to appreciate lifes simple pleasures

craigsagersuit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Los Sandalous
better than going in at 6 pm,getting texts from girls telling you they're "lonely and bored right now" ,your homeboys hitting you up to go to the bar or pop bottles,or some huge primetime sports match up is about to go down.

And everyday a little piece of you dies as you eat "dinner" at 1:30 in the morning while streaming highlights from the "game of the century" on your phone in between looking at your homeboys wild club night/after party pics on instagram and the twitter/facebook update of the chick who wanted you to beat being tagged(literally) with some other dude.

But its alright though, cause you get out of work just in time to do.....nothing.Absolutely nothing .Everythings closed and youre in the awkward time frame before anything is opened.So you go home and fall asleep to the reruns of a tv show from the 80's.

But hey, when you wake up though you can do.....nothing. Absolutely nothing. Its the middle of the fukking day. All your friends are at their 9-5:troll: So you watch talk shows and run errands until 5:30 when your friend leaves work and is stuck in traffic so he calls you to tell you about the freak chicks they pulled and fukked last night after they popped them bottles. He would tell you more but traffic is letting up and hes going home to take a nap before they go to the bar to watch the game later.....He invites you but youre on your way to work so.....yeah,but before you two hang up he remembers seeing the chick who texted you she was lonely in the club last night hugged up on some skinny big head nikka that he know ain't down with the team and you die a little bit more inside as you walk into work......

9-5 unappreciation? Hmmm. You don't say? I've missed monday night football for 5 seasons b.

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
9-4, 9-5, 8-4, 8-5, IMO they're all worth it just for the fact that it usually means you have your weekends to yourself.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, I feel ya'll pain.

I was catching a cold yesterday, while working from home. I didn't get shyt done either wednesday.

but today was another story. I didn't wanna get up, its 15 degrees outside, so I didn't wanna go outside. didn't feel like making a lunch. didn't feel like making the commute. while getting ready for work, I was seriously thinking like ":wtf: is wrong with you"???

its the same shyt every day, every week, for a lifetime. wish I could throw this work shyt in the bushes. and its not the job I hate. it's just all the bullshyt. why can't I wear jogging pants to work? why do I need to be in this office 4 times a week? why do I gotta work normal hours??

I haven't taken a vacation/personal day in over year. I'm really feeling burned out. and what's really making me mad, is we got this bytch that just started here last month, and she already taking a 2 week vacation :what:

that shyt don't even make sense.

usually my schedule is like this:

get up at 5:30
leave at 6:30
get to work around 8:00
leave around 5:00
workout (run) @ 5:30
get home at 7:30
go to bed at midnight

even the weekend sucks, cuz I always end up doing a bunch of shyt I dont wanna do.

this weather is fukking with me too. it was 80+ this time last year. now this year its under 20 degrees :snoop:

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Man, when I first did the 8-5 grind after college, it seriously affected me. I felt like my whole week was about working, or preparing for the workday (pre-cook meals, iron clothes, etc). The most I'd have time/energy for was laying emotionally exhausted in front of the tv. The steady money didn't seem worth my unhappiness.

I read this book called The Happiness Advantage about work/life balance and it changed my perspective a bit (no promo). You know how you schedule all those work meetings and deadlines in your outlook calendar months ahead of time? You have to do the same for your social/hobby life that starts right at 5:01pm. You have to make your social life a priority and book trips, festivals, weekday hobby classes, pinterest crafts, something several times a week, and ahead of time. Keep that calendar full and look forward to it.

It requires a bit of organization and streamlining your priorities (i.e. picking a place that saves commute time), but I refuse to live to work, I want to work to live.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
man, I feel ya'll pain.

I was catching a cold yesterday, while working from home. I didn't get shyt done either wednesday.

but today was another story. I didn't wanna get up, its 15 degrees outside, so I didn't wanna go outside. didn't feel like making a lunch. didn't feel like making the commute. while getting ready for work, I was seriously thinking like ":wtf: is wrong with you"???

its the same shyt every day, every week, for a lifetime. wish I could throw this work shyt in the bushes. and its not the job I hate. it's just all the bullshyt. why can't I wear jogging pants to work? why do I need to be in this office 4 times a week? why do I gotta work normal hours??

I haven't taken a vacation/personal day in over year. I'm really feeling burned out. and what's really making me mad, is we got this bytch that just started here last month, and she already taking a 2 week vacation :what:

that shyt don't even make sense.

usually my schedule is like this:

get up at 5:30
leave at 6:30
get to work around 8:00
leave around 5:00
workout (run) @ 5:30
get home at 7:30
go to bed at midnight

even the weekend sucks, cuz I always end up doing a bunch of shyt I dont wanna do.

this weather is fukking with me too. it was 80+ this time last year. now this year its under 20 degrees :snoop:
You're getting rich doing all that? Right?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Wake up at 6
Smoke a blunt
Get my son ready to leave by 7:30
Work from 8 to 4:30
Get home at 5
Smoke a blunt
Eat
Watch tv/play video game
Sleep by 12

Wake up and do it again.

I like my job so it's not so bad, but I do plan to make my own money one day.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
The 9-5 is tough. I'm so tired by the time I get home that there is nothing else I want to do. I always tell my friends I ain't doing shyt M-F, and my Saturdays are usually used to take care of errands I couldn't take care of during the week.

I look forward to the summer when it's better at night, I might start going out on Friday nights. My summer vacation is going to be great though hopefully.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
My boy is a personal trainer, he has no set workday and his hours can be whatever, but he charges $100+ an hour and is pretty much chilling for the majority of the day. Dude will have a lesson at 7am, then a huge gap in the day until 5pm and 3 or 4 consecutive lessons then he's done. Or sometimes he'll have no lessons in the morning and 1 at 10pm.