The 9-5 grind unappreciation

Prado210

She's into malaka's, dino.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
better than going in at 6 pm,getting texts from girls telling you they're "lonely and bored right now" ,your homeboys hitting you up to go to the bar or pop bottles,or some huge primetime sports match up is about to go down.

And everyday a little piece of you dies as you eat "dinner" at 1:30 in the morning while streaming highlights from the "game of the century" on your phone in between looking at your homeboys wild club night/after party pics on instagram and the twitter/facebook update of the chick who wanted you to beat being tagged(literally) with some other dude.

But its alright though, cause you get out of work just in time to do.....nothing.Absolutely nothing .Everythings closed and youre in the awkward time frame before anything is opened.So you go home and fall asleep to the reruns of a tv show from the 80's.

But hey, when you wake up though you can do.....nothing. Absolutely nothing. Its the middle of the fukking day. All your friends are at their 9-5:troll: So you watch talk shows and run errands until 5:30 when your friend leaves work and is stuck in traffic so he calls you to tell you about the freak chicks they pulled and fukked last night after they popped them bottles. He would tell you more but traffic is letting up and hes going home to take a nap before they go to the bar to watch the game later.....He invites you but youre on your way to work so.....yeah,but before you two hang up he remembers seeing the chick who texted you she was lonely in the club last night hugged up on some skinny big head nikka that he know ain't down with the team and you die a little bit more inside as you walk into work......

9-5 unappreciation? Hmmm. You don't say? I've missed monday night football for 5 seasons b.

:ohhh:dawg.... you literally bummed me out and I don't even work those hours.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
:ehh: The grind doesn't bother me too much because my job shows love when it comes to PTO so I normally get 8 hours ever pay period and and already got like 90 hours in the bank. you just gotta use that shyt, I take at least one day off every 2 week pay period.

Just gotta find that life/work balance.

But I feel ya cause I get off at 6pm, go work out for an hour, come home and hang with my daughter and get her ready for bed so its not until 8:30 or 9pm until I get to really sit down and relax....

But I'm not bytching because I rather have that than being unemployed with all that "freedom" all day. Its cool be off a few days but after a week i feel like a bum

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:ehh: The grind doesn't bother me too much because my job shows love when it comes to PTO so I normally get 8 hours ever pay period and and already got like 90 hours in the bank. you just gotta use that shyt, I take at least one day off every 2 week pay period.

Just gotta find that life/work balance.

But I feel ya cause I get off at 6pm, go work out for an hour, come home and hang with my daughter and get her ready for bed so its not until 8:30 or 9pm until I get to really sit down and relax....

But I'm not bytching because I rather have that than being unemployed with all that "freedom" all day. Its cool be off a few days but after a week i feel like a bum

Damn you get 8 hours per pay period

I thought i was winning with my 5 hours:sadcam:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Damn you get 8 hours per pay period

I thought i was winning with my 5 hours:sadcam:

You still winning bruh cause I know some people who don't get that.

We don't get "sick time" so I think thats why we get extra PTO

Outside of 4 Floating Hoildays & National Hoildays we basically have to use PTO for everything else..

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
@malkoonxxx_45 better go to Somalia while the bubble is in full force. I know you're Xawaadle relatives have property. My dad quit his job last year and is doing that sort of thing right now.

I currently work 7 days a week breh. 9-5 on the weekdays and 3-11 at my other job that I've had since college (security on weekends). My security job is chill... but man, I have NO LIFE brehs. :damn:

I work both jobs to help my fam. My pops been overseas for a minute so I was paying all the bills easily. Now he's back and is sending money so now I can take some time off at that weekend job :whew:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
5 years on that depressing shyt? hope you been planning that next move..

I had to take a huge pay cut to get off that depressing shyt but it was worth it. My health got better,im sleeping better, my social life and dating life are back in full effect. Shifts like that are for old married people with children they have to drop off and pick up from school. Not young people.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You still winning bruh cause I know some people who don't get that.

We don't get "sick time" so I think thats why we get extra PTO

Outside of 4 Floating Hoildays & National Hoildays we basically have to use PTO for everything else..

:ohhh: well I guess it comes out about even. We get 7 holidays and 3 sick days.

Gotta :salute: the black working family man. Keep it up bruh, we need more men like us.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
11am- 7pm is the goat shift

I think 4am to 12 noon is the GOAT.

You don't really miss shyt.

One of my boys works that shift.It's like he don't even work.

nikka on his patio, at 1 pm, wearing flip flops, sparking up the grill.

Can watch the games and even go to the club.Long as you're sleep by 12-1 am, you can maintain off 3-4 hr of sleep because you'll have plenty of time to get a good nap in once you get off around lunch time.

You can get off at 12 noon and sleep until 4-5 pm....get up fresh and ready to enjoy the prime time of your day.

That 4 am to 12 noon is the GOAT, breh

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
That 4 am to 12 noon is the GOAT, breh

My recent job i worked that schedule, that was great for me. Only thing i didnt like was getting up at 3am but other than that got out at 12 in the afternoon and got to do whatever i wanted, run some errands, hang out wit my homeboys whatever. Then they switched me 4pm to 12:30am:sadcam: fukkin hated that schedule, Fri Sat everybody on they way to the mall while im on my way to work, missed tha Super Bowl, missed a bone thugs concert too :wow:

But fukk it, made that money :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 8:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shyt, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

― Charles Bukowski, Factotum

KidNoble

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wakes up 4.30am. works 4.30-8.30 from home
walks to work 8.45-9am
works 9-5 pm
goes to gym 5.30-7pm
walks home 7-15
works 7.30 - 12.30 pm from home
pay day 10th, 14th, 31st(2 jobs)
Paycheck $11k monthly.. fukk not doing 9-5.. 4.30-12.30 is the shyt..

what kind of work do you do, if you dont mind me asking?