Teflon Don has some advice for black people (the blacks)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
What he should be talking about is how to properly care for your bussy.
Should you steam your joint? :banderas:

Exfoliate the bussy? :ohlawd:

These are the things the people want to know, Don Lemon.
pacshrug.png

• Haha
Reactions: NZA

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Nothing he said is a lie.

My problem is that he decided to get on a White controlled media station to say it. If he was saying this on the Black Information Network, I would be fine with it and totally agree with what he was doing. Since he did it on a White network, I see he is really just trying to show he is still a good compromised negro that will do what his handlers tell him to do (he is scared of being canceled).

So yes, I believe this message needs to be said more to our people. No, I do not believe the message should be said through White channels. Yes, doing all of that does not guarantee success, but it does drastically increase your chances of success. I realized this as a teenager and worked toward setting myself up for that success, moving myself near family members who understood the path I intended to take since I also understand concepts like percentages and probabilities as teenager. Many of my friends did not, thinking they would be famous rappers and ballplayers. Most of them ended up poor, a few ended up dead or strung out on the streets.

So we know they will work against us and try to stop us from doing well. What we should not do is give up and make their attempts to harm us easier for them. As I use to tell my friends as a teenager, "Never give your enemy bullets to use against you."

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
There is nothing more cringeworthy than black people having conversations about our community surrounded by white people to a predominantly white audience. Especially when it takes place on television.

If he was serious, he would be having this discussion among black people, not a bunch of middle-aged white liberals.
This

This man got on Fox News talking about he’s talking to us and specifically referring to black people as HS dropouts who don’t go to college, litter, and all wear our pants sagging..

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Bussy Hour with Don Lemon...

Don Lemon: If you want to simulate a period with your bussy, I have a great trick for you. Put a tomato sauce iced cube in there. It will slowly and unexpectedly arrive just like a real period. :gladbron: Look how far we've come. If only MLK and Malcolm could see this! :ohlawd: Well, that's it for tonight!"

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
That is a genuinely stunning statistic on children born out of wedlock, 70 percent? wow! One thing i will agree with is we need black children to be raised in two parents households with both parents present, we should emphasize and promote marriage to the young adults, its imperative.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
you can do all that and be broke as hell. as a matter of fact, i would say most black folk live how don wants them to live and still hover near the bottom of american society economically. this shyt is something you do to respect yourself, which is worthwhile, but it does not change the power dynamic you are subjected to.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I live around middle class black people. and sometimes the community can still be dusty looking. But thats because infrastructure in our neighborhoods is ignored. Not because black people have a strong propensity to litter. in a white neighborhood the side walk will have doggy bags for dog poo on every street, trash cans every 10 yards at the local park that are emptied regularly by the sanitation department, trucks that go by in the fall and vacuum up all the leaves as long as you rake them all to the curb, street sweepers etc etc, their tax dollars keep their community clean. not their littering habits.
Our tax dollars on the other hand are funnelling out of our communties throw district redlining and other shady methods, so despite paying the same tax rates we get the benefit of none of these services.

Doggy poo!?!?!?!?! Leaves!?!?!?!?! :pachaha:

If you live around impoverished people you'd know its a segment don't give a fck about how the community looks. And being that they don't give a fck, then that creates another segment that simply wants to get away and find better conditions. Nobody is asking for perfection, but throwing a consumed dinner out of your car window while going down the street is unacceptable. And its insulting to me to even bring up what white people do in their neighborhoods, like I would be fine living around dirty CACs, and only have issue with dirty people I live around. Stop that shyt.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There are people who do all of those things he said and are still utter failures in life, and people who do none of those things and are wildly successful.

None of those tips are secrets to success.

1) My advice to black folks would be, find something you are good at, and become great at it. eventually it will make you money.
2) if you aren't good at anything, take advantage of family ties to get a head start. if your dad or uncle is an accountant for example, pursue accounting as a career. that nepotism angle is reason behind many success stories.

smh at including fashion choices and slang in any kind of advice. these shallow critques help no one.
That's in demand.

Or you will just be a hobbyist. Problem with just saying something you good at is most people don't like shyt that is in demand. They want to be in entertainment or something. Who's gonna be the banker and the shop keeper? The real estate agent, the city councilor. People might be good in all those roles and never know it without exposure.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Doggy poo!?!?!?!?! Leaves!?!?!?!?! :pachaha:

If you live around impoverished people you'd know its a segment don't give a fck about how the community looks. And being that they don't give a fck, then that creates another segment that simply wants to get away and find better conditions. Nobody is asking for perfection, but throwing a consumed dinner out of your car window while going down the street is unacceptable. And its insulting to me to even bring up what white people do in their neighborhoods, like I would be fine living around dirty CACs, and only have issue with dirty people I live around. Stop that shyt.
I get it, you think black people are literally trash, I just disagree. and you have provided little beyond personal anecdotal evidence to justify your stance.
aka "i saw a black person do this once, black community as a whole needs to do better" ass logic.
we can just agree to disagree.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Gen-X is so outta touch. They’re one of the main reasons shyt is the way it is now.

They sold the drugs to black people, they created gangsta rapper, they said “nikka” a million times in their music and standup comedy, they sagged their pants and wore timbs, they destroyed the nuclear black family, they were uneducated hustlers and pimps, they destroyed their own communities during riots

But now that they’re old, they wanna talk to us like their parents and Bill Cosby talked to them. :flabbynsick:

Fukk outta here :unimpressed:

STFU. No choice was given to the communities that Reagan and Bush flooded with coke/crack/heroin. You take that out of the equation and you don't have the gangs, murders, arrests, etc... Now you have resources that can be reallocated away from law enforcement to things like education, health and community centers.

But I'm sure you already knew all of this.