Teflon Don has some advice for black people (the blacks)

Daps
You completely missed the point of what he was saying.
I didn’t miss the point. The point was we can experience even the worst racism regardless of what we’re wearing. My point is, I’m 2023, you are making yourself look like a jackass walking around with your underwear showing, and we’re not getting lynched like that. We should have better standards for ourselves, not just to get treated better by white folks.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I didn’t miss the point. The point was we can experience even the worst racism regardless of what we’re wearing. My point is, I’m 2023, you are making yourself look like a jackass walking around with your underwear showing, and we’re not getting lynched like that. We should have better standards for ourselves, not just to get treated better by white folks.
as a whole we are actually doing better economically now , than we were in the 50s when black people all wore suits casually. so this argument about baggy pants is just pointless shaming. Black Teenagers fashion choices have no proven effect on racism or group economics.
this whole advice Don gave was just c00ning and you guys would be better served caping for actual solutions rather than blaming everything on bs.

Daps
Are you littering? I'm not. we both black right? Who are all these imaginary black litterbugs that you are warning us about? why is there no statistics to back up your claim that littering is a black issue? If all black people never littered again, what would the impact be on us economically is this is in fact a major problem black people are inflicting upon themselves?

There are no statistics on littering. But we know what most low income black neighborhoods look like. Are you saying others are coming to our neighborhoods, throwing trash on the street, then leaving? If it’s not us, who’s doing it?

I’ll give you a free space: I’ve seen trash men spill trash on the ground when emptying the bins in the truck, and not pick it up. I’ve also seen people walk by my house, and throw trash on the street.

Daps
as a whole we are actually doing better economically now , than we were in the 50s when black people all wore suits casually. so this argument about baggy pants is just pointless shaming. Black Teenagers fashion choices have no proven effect on racism or group economics.
this whole advice Don gave was just c00ning and you guys would be better served caping for actual solutions rather than blaming everything on bs.
Sagging came from prison. So black men embracing it is a bad look. And it’s not just teens. But a lot of teens are now sagging skinny jeans, which is even more ridiculous. Too many of our boys and men want to show their underwear. It’s absurd.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, i addressed that already, you provided some anecdotal evidence from your own personal experience and applied it to all black people.
as i said before this is flawed logic. the black community doesn't have a littering problem.

Nah. I told you there is wards of black people where I live complaining about littering in their communities. If they asked you to come and discuss the issue you'd do what any other black elected official do in this city and not show up. And if your comprehension game was on point you'd see where I said "a segment". not all.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He a fakkit and a c00n. He literally sucks a white mans dikk. Anybody that agrees with him is suspect.

Black people have never had the respect of white people and it was never about education, clothing, community, kids and shyt.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
We’re complaining that the system ruined our communities, holding our hands out, yet we’re the ones living there, and throwing trash on the ground. Are reparations going to make us have pride in our living space? In school, you learn littering is bad. If your parents litter, you think it’s acceptable. Any time I littered as a child, the adult I was with made me pick it up. It’s about values and standards. We don’t have to live in neighborhoods with trash on the ground, if we don’t put it there. Then, when we pack up, and move to higher income areas with majority white demographics, we’re c00ns. If there were more nice black communities, we wouldn’t have to live around others.
:dahell:

We're being shot and economically disadvantaged because kids are littering?

Daps
:dahell:

We're being shot and economically disadvantaged because kids are littering?
:skip:

I’m saying, we have to care about ourselves, and put effort into creating better living environments while asking the government to fix us. A lot of us aren’t trying to improve our circumstances at all. And little things like not trashing your own neighborhood can be fixed on our own. And the black people who have made it in life are here because we put effort into it. I am taking my reparations if they come, but I’m not complaining about the system, while simultaneously contributing nothing positive to society.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
There are people who do all of those things he said and are still utter failures in life, and people who do none of those things and are wildly successful.

None of those tips are secrets to success.

1) My advice to black folks would be, find something you are good at, and become great at it. eventually it will make you money.
2) if you aren't good at anything, take advantage of family ties to get a head start. if your dad or uncle is an accountant for example, pursue accounting as a career. that nepotism angle is reason behind many success stories.

smh at including fashion choices and slang in any kind of advice. these shallow critiques help no one.
Those are the exceptions. The general rule still apply

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That throwing trash on the ground isn't a shallow critique. Its a fcked up mentality to want to like in a garbage dump.
I hate people that litter and I hate that littering is so prevalent in our lower income communities because these are the most numerous black communities in the first place. I spoke about this with a someone before and the city deliberately refuses to have the same level of street sanitation in our communities that they do in others. The trash cans up and down 79th are far and fewer between and filled with trash that the city doesnt regularly pick up like they should. Like they do in OTHER communities. This just helps bolster bad habits of littering because theres often nowhere to put it or it just falls over and blows all over the place. So kids growing up seeing trash everywhere as normal and they turn into adults that just throw trash on the ground.

The rebuttal i got was "why would the city come and get trash if people are just throwing it on the ground anyway". To which I said "Because thats their fukking job and its exactly what they are specifically paid to do." Its on everyone to keep the community clean but its especially up to the people who take money from these communities (taxes) to keep it clean because thats their they are being paid to do. If the city is paid by a community (they are) then they are obligated to provide that service despite everything else on a consistent and timely basis (they dont).

Blame starts at the top because there is no shortage of resources or morality involved to keep them from doing it. THEN the blame can be put on the people themselves. When they are seeing that its clean, its easier mentally for people to keep it clean.

This isnt a direct response to anything you said though. Just a conversation I had before with someone that I recalled reading your post.

Daps
thank you for finally admitting (albiet you were trying hard not to) that this is bs.
no stats for this, yet somehow were are linking this to black economics disparity. with magic divination i guess
Ok. I’ll just ignore the dozens of black of low income black neighborhoods I’ve seen, and used to live in, and say it’s just a coincidence.

:troll:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why people keep posting this old ass video from damn 2012 or 2013 from Lemon Booty Don.

First of all get your facts right. In this video Don was cosigning racist talking points from Bill "I sexually harrass women at work, while being a sexual deviant and telling black folks to behave themselves" O'Reilly saying he was right when he said some bull shyt about black folks.

That was before Trump got in office and Don flipped the script and suddenly became pro black. Remember this video is not too long before 2014 when Don and Fredo Cuomo were cutting up on air telling black folks in Ferguson to behave themselves after the Mike Brown killing by pigs.