JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Flexington

All Star
Daps

A Gen Xer who makes $150,000 secretly working multiple remote jobs says 100-hour weeks are worth it to ensure his family is financially secure​

He's buggin but more power to him :heh:

I get the hustle, but just as no job is guaranteed tomorrow isn't either so I hope he's honestly able to enjoy himself and non-remote work time with his family during his anti-burnout breaks.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's buggin but more power to him :heh:

I get the hustle, but just as no job is guaranteed tomorrow isn't either so I hope he's honestly able to enjoy himself and non-remote work time with his family during his anti-burnout breaks.
Working 100hr a week for only 150K is hustling backwards.
:pachaha:
Doing all that job hopping yet still getting low balled.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Working 100hr a week for only 150K is hustling backwards.
:pachaha:
Doing all that job hopping yet still getting low balled.

Exactly

That's why I'm like hey, if he's happy cool for him...but that is not the way to move .

I worked with a guy just like that, and often times when they talk like this and think they have it locked down they really don't. His reputation wasn't the greatest due to him never really being locked in as well as he thought (to the point certain PMs would request to NOT have him on a project).

But, due to having 2-3 jobs at a time he also didn't care if he got let go. But eventually it catches up. And all those hrs for that pay? :mjlol:

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
As much as I want to celebrate this, I feel really bad for those working under him. I don't know how any one can be productive there with everything he's doing.
Honestly no those people chose to stay there. When he was getting rid of all those people and doing all this fukked up shyt to turn twitter into an alt right space the people who stayed have had more than enough time to look for another job.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:sas2:

Fed Confronts Up to a Million US Jobs Vanishing in Revision​

Wall Street banks brace for downward revision of up to 1M fewer jobs — fueling worries the Fed failed to slash rates on time​

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps

:sas2:

Fed Confronts Up to a Million US Jobs Vanishing in Revision​

Wall Street banks brace for downward revision of up to 1M fewer jobs — fueling worries the Fed failed to slash rates on time​

We really went from an 08 recession to a global pandemic to another recession.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got hit up for my second role.
Just got off the phone with the recruiter.
Absolutely fukking BONKERS compensation:
$280k :damn:

Nearly double what I would've gotten sticking to a traditional Engineering role for a
senior title (I was contacted recently for one and the range for that was $100k to $200k
with my expected compensation falling in the middle at $140k-$150k)

Only problem is it's on the East Coast.
I'd have to leave LA and then I'd have to find a cheap rent in a HCOL area.

At the same time, that level of comp means home ownership and accelerating my investments.

I'll be working on my resume and applying today.

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you haven't, I really, REALLY suggest you expand your internet footprint.
You should have an indeed account, linkedIn account, MadeIn Account, Levels.fyi account etc.
You should also be tailoring your education and work experience towards where you want to go
(mines is built around Engineering/Project Management/Data Science).

This was a cold call and initial talk, I have niche experience related to my day-to-day + my educational background + work experience.
It set me apart enough for a recruiter to reach out to me for my dream dig.

And yes, it's for a Tech Role.

I'm reaching out to someone for consultation on how best to pass an interview if I make it to the interview stage.

If I do land the role, I'll present proof and of course write a more detailed post of how I got there.