Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I wonder if her company saw the video and put her on the chopping block...

She honestly has a great resume though: Google, Discord, TikTok, Facebook/Meta, etc. and is an Industrial Engineer from an Ivy League School. She's 100% legit as a Product Manager vs influencer.

I'm she she can easily find a job if she wants to, but she got a large following and her own business now:

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Man, you know it's some bullshyt when the defense industry is laying off people.

Looks like it's mostly non-engineering mainly, but who knows. Nonetheless, the amount of money they get because they're defense got to be insane. That B-21 Raider replacing the B-2 is on deck for a 2030 release.

Lay-offs are crazy when you're getting trillions of dollars from the government that come from taxes, so basically a guaranteed payday. Leadership had to fukk that spending up somewhere. Perhaps they went hoopla on ridiculous R&D that went nowhere.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Man, you know it's some bullshyt when the defense industry is laying off people.

Looks like it's mostly non-engineering though. Nonetheless, the amount of money they get because they're defense got to be insane. That B-21 Raider replacing the B-2 is on deck for a 2030 release.

Lay-offs are crazy when you're getting trillions of dollars from the government that come from taxes, so basically a guaranteed payday. Leadership had to fukk that spending up somewhere. Perhaps they went hoopla on ridiculous R&D that went nowhere.

greed
need to adopt the france structure

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\

Looks like it's mostly non-engineering though. Nonetheless, the amount of money they get because they're defense got to be insane. That B-21 Raider replacing the B-2 is on deck for a 2030 release.

Too many of these contractors like to overhire when they're still competing/bidding on contracts. Then when they lose the downselect to be the prime contractor, they lay off a bunch of employees because they can't place them anywhere else. :francis:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She honestly has a great resume though: Google, Discord, TikTok, Facebook/Meta, etc. and is an Industrial Engineer from an Ivy League School. She's 100% legit as a Product Manager vs influencer.

I'm she she can easily find a job if she wants to, but she got a large following and her own business now:

That second video and their career journey lines up with why I've decided to try to skill up, switch industries
and jump into new roles.

I think I'm kinda reaching that top out point where I'm currently at as far as jumping around and increasing my salary.
So, I'm heavily considering what they did, moving into Technology or Business Management-type roles.
And my education reflects that (Aiming for Soft.Eng, Data Sci./Eng, Program/Project Management etc.)

The compensation is too good to pass up despite the layoff fears.

I'm jealous of you tech guys! You get like double the compensation for the same gig. lol.