Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Germms

All Star
Daps
Reppin
∞ 216 ∞
Crazy bro me and a FEW yeah a FEW of my coworkers got laid off today. Like more than half the office.

shyt crazy out here but I think it was my company making bad investments and now they chopping shyt down.
So it’s been a few weeks of applying for jobs and being on the market/selling myself on Linkedln.

This market is shot. I can see how many people apply for jobs and their qualifications. It’s shocking how many senior, or at least appear to be senior, people are trying to get employed even at entry level postings. I on the other hand have been very picky and rightfully so. I’m not dropping down in my position for shyt.

Today I was offered a few interviews from different companies out of nowhere. Even companies I didnt apply to and contractor roles. A senior security analyst position, IAM position, and a engineer position.

I’m probably going to entertain two of these really because there’s a position in a NOC I really am interested in due to the low stress environment, pay, and remote opportunity. Young company too.

It’s hope out there for me and I use hope loosely because even being asked to interview isn’t a guarantee. I’m just curious how these companies have money for 6-12 month contracts for workers but will layoffs hundreds.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
:francis:

Ghost jobs: What the rise in fake job listings says about the current job market​

Sucks, but it’s now standard practice to keep reqs open to make sure you have a talent pipeline ready when a position opens. We just did this and the job became a reality two weeks ago while the req has been open about 6 months.

companies should be penalized for this because i'm sure cumulatively labor has to be wasting a lot of time and money responding to this which has to be causing a negative impact on the economy. time is money

BronxFleeZ

We here man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gun Hill Forreal
Man what is the best IT field to study right now I’m 27. I have a list of courses I’m going to knock out but I don’t want to if it’s not worth it. Tryna reach that 6 digit goal :mjcry: Help a Bronx breh out
Also I’ve been on the computer since 5-6 y/o so anything IT would help

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man what is the best IT field to study right now I’m 27. I have a list of courses I’m going to knock out but I don’t want to if it’s not worth it. Tryna reach that 6 digit goal :mjcry: Help a Bronx breh out
Also I’ve been on the computer since 5-6 y/o so anything IT would help
Have you visited the IT thread 6 figures

They could probably inform you more on the current outlook.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

It's starting, straight from the horse's mouth.

I don't think it'll be an instantaneous turnaround (although it might), but long term this will be great for those who stuck with it and were resilient through the doom and gloom.

Not to mention, those companies outside of tech will be looking for tech to boost and modernize their companies and operations.

This is why Kamala, Newsom, etc. are going to be so great the next 12 years. They're going to make it tougher for companies to get cheap labor overseas.

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's starting, straight from the horse's mouth.

I don't think it'll be an instantaneous turnaround (although it might), but long term this will be great for those who stuck with it and were resilient through the doom and gloom.

Not to mention, those companies outside of tech will be looking for tech to boost and modernize their companies and operations.

This is why Kamala, Newsom, etc. are going to be so great the next 12 years. They're going to make it tougher for companies to get cheap labor overseas.

:mjlol:

Sens. Lee and Harris Introduce Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act

WASHINGTON – Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT) and Kamala Harris (D-CA) introduced the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act Wednesday, a bill that would remove per-country caps for employment-based green cards.

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get called damaged goods after industry wide layoffs tech brehs.
tenor-7-27.gif

Calif. tech companies see laid-off workers as 'table scraps,' recruiters say​

One recruiter said that a senior director even called them 'damaged goods'​

Last edited:

lib123

All Star
Daps
When the Fed cuts rates again and we see the cash flow, most companies finally have some buying power to start hiring again.

Unfortunately many of these jobs aren’t coming back. They’re going to be replaced with AI.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When the Fed cuts rates again and we see the cash flow, most companies finally have some buying power to start hiring again.
Those jobs have been mostly shipped overseas. It would take some huge geopolitical conflict for them to come back.

My last team the ratio was like 60% foreign workers. The one before that was damn near 90%. Companies really only need enough Americans to help cover our timezones. And train workers overseas before they slowly get rid of you.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Way too many hybrid jobs being advertised for my liking.
:francis:

RTO is dividing Big Tech. 4 employees share why they quit or turned job opportunities down rather than be forced back to an office.​