Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
These companies won’t show you any loyalty if and when you need them the most. Go for it.

Agreed. Put yourself first.
I got another request yesterday for what I think is the final interview. They took 7 business days to get back to me. I'm going to do this one and not the other one, because I don't see how I can squeeze in all the interviews while starting the other job.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION

No google is losing the AI race because they sat twiddling their thumbs for a decade with it not being a priority while OpenAI was developing the generative AI.

Lets take a look at some of the wasted development time on products google has tried to implement when they could have been focusing on AI:
Google+, Stadia, Google home, threadit, google hangouts, google duo, vr180 creator, poly, etc.

For more visit here:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No google is losing the AI race because they sat twiddling their thumbs for a decade with it not being a priority while OpenAI was developing the generative AI.

Lets take a look at some of the wasted development time on products google has tried to implement when they could have been focusing on AI:
Google+, Stadia, Google home, threadit, google hangouts, google duo, vr180 creator, poly, etc.

For more visit here:
Yup. Too much "product grifting" where those products simply didn't have anything new other companies weren't already offering.

They were basically cloned products rather than focusing on innovation, they copied everyone else.

No different than what some of these other lame companies do.

Why would I want to use your Communication Application when Discord and Slack exist for example?

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
This company wants me to do a HireVue interview. Never done one before, sounds like you're basically making an audition tape. Almost want to just withdraw because I know I'm not going to do well on it. :francis:

It's much easier to talk to a human, throw some small talk in about the weather, sports, hobbies. In one panel interview I mentioned I was going to smoke some whole chickens on the weekend and we started talking about smoking and brines for like 10 minutes. Helps ease the tension and awkwardness.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
This company wants me to do a HireVue interview. Never done one before, sounds like you're basically making an audition tape. Almost want to just withdraw because I know I'm not going to do well on it. :francis:

It's much easier to talk to a human, throw some small talk in about the weather, sports, hobbies. In one panel interview I mentioned I was going to smoke some whole chickens on the weekend and we started talking about smoking and brines for like 10 minutes. Helps ease the tension and awkwardness.

The funny thing about this whole job market is that companies are not admitting that they have gone on quiet hiring freezes....

A lot of these job posts and interviews are for phantom opportunities....

This is why I dont get why people are even doing more than two interviews with ANY COMPANY

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I did one for a SAP Supply Chain Management role @ Nike in 2020.
Even the hiring manager admitted it was terrible.
Nike and a few other companies that used to do the HireVue interview have since pivoted from that BS

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
these old foggies just cant stand it
its almost 6pm here and im still doing some work. If I was in the office at 4pm I would have been making my way home
ezgif-3-ed6dcb7de6.gif

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Having a ridiculous time trying to land J2, was thinking about trying a product manager role untilI watched this video:

Timestmaped but the whole thing is great. I wish more "entertaining" videos from a few years back were like her's. At least there's a sense of realism.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Having a ridiculous time trying to land J2, was thinking about trying a product manager role untilI watched this video:

Timestmaped but the whole thing is great. I wish more "entertaining" videos from a few years back were like her's. At least there's a sense of realism.

I wonder if her company saw the video and put her on the chopping block...