Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Same thing happened at my company a few months back. He got let go, we pulled some strings b/c he was too good of an engineer, a few days ago he pinged me on chat, "I'm back dtown!". :mjlol:
Yeah if you got it like that, most companies really know. Both the CTO and Director of Engineering are looking at a way to work around this. Apparently it's a complex issue.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Facts. Off RSUs alone if you're a VP level guy that's been in big tech since 2019 you've easily stashed a mill or three into your fidelity account after taxes

yeah if anything the "base salary" is just some formality shyt the Equity is what matters in Big Tech once you hit Principal level and beyond.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People still getting fired using these apps? Do your research folks. Or make friends with people in IT who will look out for you.
:snoop:

Wells Fargo Fires Over a Dozen for ‘Simulation of Keyboard Activity’​

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Stupid ass companies really waiting months to get back thinking mfs gonna wait on them
:rudy:
Facts. These companies are trippin'.

It's like the "So why do you want to work here?" question.
The real answer is because you guys replied and reached out back, I don't know who tf you are from the hundred resumes I sent out. Most of these are hole in the wall companies, they ain't Google.

Same thing here, who are you to think you can respond back months later and think I'd be happy to hear from you at this point?
I don't care about your company enough to remember who you were all these months later :mjlol:

They'd probably ask you that question in an interview too months later "So what made you choose us?" :heh:

Most people if they were serious about findng a job would've got one by the time these people respond.

Last edited: