Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first and easiest step is as you said, find a employer that will sponsor and upgrade you to a TS/SCI clearance (what most of the cleared companies are looking for). THis is as easy as a google search. If you work near defense hubs like the DMV, Hampton/Newport, Denver, San Antonio, Seattle, etc...this isnt hard to find. You may take a significant pay cut initially, but its a move to get you in a better position. Doesnt have to be contractor work either, alotta folks sleep on being a Civil Servant for the Govt (USAJOBS).

Other than that, join the military. Preferably the Guard or Reserves. I hear the play in the DMV is for kids to join the Reserves/Guard to get the clearance then go to work for their parents in one of the million defense contractors in the region. :yeshrug:
What's a secret clearance worth?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Not long ago, websites started offering applicants the ability to have their uploaded resume scanned and magically mapped over to their site. It seemed like a terrific time-saver and an acknowledgment from employers that, yeah, the process sucks. In theory, all of your details will land in the correct boxes; in reality, this only adds yet another frustrating layer to the circus of finding work.

Here’s a better way of understanding the situation:

Employer‘s Website:
“So you’re interested in our listed job? Cool! First, do you have a resume?”
Applicant: “You bet I do. Right here.”

Employer’s Website:
“You have two choices. You can upload it to our site, where we’ll autofill all the boxes on our super-long application form for you… or you can manually re-key every single letter that’s on your resume into our super-long application form. Which one would you like to do?”
Applicant:
“Are you kidding me?”

Employer’s Website: “Upload it and we’ll start the scan.”
Applicant:
“Uploaded!”

Employer’s Website: “Oh, I forgot to mention that the autofill process is done by a second-grader. They’re going to read your resume and try to put your information in the right places.”
Applicant:
“Can’t you just use my resume? It has everything you need.”
Employer’s Website:
“Oh, boy. You’re going to love our second-grade reader!”
Applicant:
“I don’t understand…”

Employer’s Website: “Great news! They’re done!”
Applicant:
“Already?”
Employer’s Website:
“Yeah, take a look.”

Applicant: “This… is a mess. It looks like my resume hit a windshield.”
Employer’s Website:
“Second-graders, I tell you! But, yes, you’re correct. They didn’t understand where to put 99% of your resume details. You’re going to have to go ahead and clean this mess up. Or simply start over.”

Applicant: “You don’t have, like, a fifth-grader who can help?”
Employer’s Website:
“Hi, who are you?”

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
sounds dumb as fukk. if the team sucks and you're good, then i'm hiring the good to average out the bad.
Yup. If the "work environment is bad" then you need to remove those people and put people in who would do the work better and turn it into a good work environment.

You don't protect the bad work environment :mjlol:

What kind of take was that? :heh:

It sounds like she meant to basically say "you're just not the right fit for the team".
Social media just makes people reword a bunch of concepts to provide content. It's dang near grifting at this point.

Last edited: