Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

This is stupid. I always thought this was the point of wfh.

Ain’t no way people are sitting at their desk at home, for all 8 hours a day, everyday.

I get that there will days like that. However, not every day or week is purely 8 hours, sitting in front of a desk.

Breh as long as I am anywhere on earth that can receive an internet connection, I will go. I’ve worked in damn near any type of condition that it’s become normal. Last year I was in the security line at the airport to go to London and I was finishing up work.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Breh as long as I am anywhere on earth that can receive an internet connection, I will go. I’ve worked in damn near any type of condition that it’s become normal. Last year I was in the security line at the airport to go to London and I was finishing up work.
I almost always end up taking PTO. I've taken a few trips where I was going to work during the day but then feel like I'm not making the most of my vacation so end up just saying fukk it and not working. I've also had a few times where I meant to take PTO and got caught up in the day's activities. Then panic and realize I forgot to work, will check my email and if there is nothing pressing just don't tell anybody.

Spence

Superstar
Daps

Ain’t no way people are sitting at their desk at home, for all 8 hours a day, everyday.

I get that there will days like that. However, not every day or week is purely 8 hours, sitting in front of a desk.

Shiiiiiiiiit, I took a whole month last July to work from Mexico, it was a gamble because you have to get geo tagged each time you log in to confirm it’s actually you but that shyt worked the whole month :pachaha:

Wife and kids got to enjoy Puerto Vallarta while I was working about 4 hours per day, shut the laptop off for the day and stepped right out the hotel onto the beach for a month solid :wow:

I save all my PTO to basically take the months of November and December off.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

That's really the benefit of this industry.

All you need is a laptop and a phone with hotspot. That's it.

If work is getting done, work is getting done.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
That's really the benefit of this industry.

All you need is a laptop and a phone with hotspot. That's it.

If work is getting done, work is getting done.
Those actually “using” their PTO and not cashing it, rolling it, or taking an entire month off to end the year are hustling backwards :manny: