Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Spence

Superstar
Daps

Nothing we didn’t know

This is true, we also post roles that we have a candidate picked out for in case they back out or fail the background check. Some times the role is left up 14/30/60 days after to make sure the hire sticks (this was in larger corporate where rules are a little different).

Spence

Superstar
Daps
No shyt.
:martin:

Study finds a quarter of bosses hoped RTO would make employees quit​

Yeah it’s no secret that shyt was targeted layoffs/attrition to reduce headcount without having to pay out a dime in severance.

Very stupid way to conduct business though since you create talent vacuum of people you don’t necessarily want to leave stepping out the door because you hate your wife and kids :heh:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No shyt.
:martin:

Study finds a quarter of bosses hoped RTO would make employees quit​

Also, RTO plans have been a disaster​

The study might not be reality-shattering, but it does present data that matches what's otherwise been inferred from headlines.

Economist Nick Bloom declared return to office dead late last year, arguing that implementation rates had flattened, and that remote work had won. By February of this year enough financial results had come out to draw some conclusions about the impact of RTO on profits, and that data showed no improvement.

And then there's companies and their impressions of RTO themselves: 22 percent of HR professionals who responded to the survey admitted that, despite going the RTO route, they had no metrics in place to measure success.

In other words, companies have been hasty with RTO plans, some have no way to gauge whether it's been positive, and meanwhile employees are miserable (even those who work remotely) because of an increase in workplace surveillance culture. Employee happiness metrics tracked by Bamboo, Grantham noted, reached an all-time low at the end of 2023, although said that the biggest driver in that figure was low pay.

The key to success, whether staff stay remote, return to office, or go hybrid, is an open culture that listens to employees and doesn't micromanage, Grantham proposed.

"The mental and emotional burdens workers face today are real, and the companies who seek employee feedback with the intent to listen and improve are the ones who will win," she concluded.
Now some of them wonder why their companies actually got worse :snoop:

Meanwhile NVIDIA is dominating and they're 100% remote.

Last edited:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah it’s no secret that shyt was targeted layoffs/attrition to reduce headcount without having to pay out a dime in severance.

Very stupid way to conduct business though since you create talent vacuum of people you don’t necessarily want to leave stepping out the door because you hate your wife and kids :heh:
It definitely worked to get me out the paint from my last gig.
:pachaha:
I got tired of hearing about my badge swipes not adding up for the month. That shyt got old quick. Because I could barely make it 2 days a week in the office.
:mjlol:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

I just don't get the people that drink the corporate kool-aid. I was trying to put on some of my old coworkers telling them how I'm make 20K+ more at my new role for the same position and how much easier the role is. They are all running skeleton crews and still having layoffs. They've forced people back into office. Two in particular's response was how they have faith in the current leadership to turn things around for them.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I just don't get the people that drink the corporate kool-aid. I was trying to put on some of my old coworkers telling them how I'm make 20K+ more at my new role for the same position and how much easier the role is. They are all running skeleton crews and still having layoffs. They've forced people back into office. Two in particular's response was how they have faith in the current leadership to turn things around for them.
Have faith in someone actively campaigning to get rid of you the second it’s convenient just to save a Buck and get a slightly better .05% on their annual bonus :pachaha:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

That shyt aint funny. I'll never be like "all" because it's some cool ass normal Indians (just like any group) but it's just wild looking at the history of Modern India and them always being used in this manner (Indians used when importing African Slaves was no longer economical for example). I'd be interested to see if they have some kind of "militant" sub culture that is tired as being Servants for Whites or if they really don't care since they are seeing economic gains and not being subjugated to the things Descendants of Africans faced (because they always serve as a buffer whether its the USA, Caribbean, or Continental Africa).

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL