Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Damn amateurs.
:snoop:

I caught my employee secretly working a second remote job. Here's why I decided to fire them — and why I think overemployment is unethical.​

What's crazy is if you have a good standing with your current company, you don't HAVE to work behind anyone's back. You can straight up let one or both companies know you have another job. Some companies and teams are very understanding of it.

All you need to do is pretty much convince your teams and managers that you can do it.

Working two jobs seems so much easier without the stress of trying to hide it. Modular Employment :obama:

Last edited:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Damn amateurs.
:snoop:

I caught my employee secretly working a second remote job. Here's why I decided to fire them — and why I think overemployment is unethical.​

Hiring labor outside of your country likely for cheaper wages then you'd pay in your country = ethical.

Underpaid employee trying to better their standing in life by working multiple jobs = unethical.

Pay folks more to where they aren't working second jobs or stfu. Clown. Job so trash dude didn't give two shyts about the tracking software they were aware was on their computer. He probably used your computer because the other computer had tracking on it as well and he actually gave a shyt about losing that other job.:camby:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
If you don't have a clearance, you're pouring jelly on yourself.

1 sergeant i work with is getting poached by AWS cleared division next month.

Another one got poached last month.

One has a degree. The other didnt. But they both have clearances and work in IT/Cyber via the military.

Do what that information what you will.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

One has a degree. The other didnt. But they both have clearances and work in IT/Cyber via the military.

These Federal contract companies are known for low balling workers. But if this new Biden salary rule gets implemented it could be worth it. They gotta increase the salaries for me to go back.

Biden Orders US Contractors to Reveal Salary Ranges in Job Ads​

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Man I’m trying get clearance don’t know how

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

You gonna provide dudes the steps or speak in riddles lol. And most folks get clearences done by the companies they work for not but just paying for it out of pocket to my knowledge

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Man I’m trying get clearance don’t know how
You gonna provide dudes the steps or speak in riddles lol. And most folks get clearences done by the companies they work for not but just paying for it out of pocket to my knowledge
The first and easiest step is as you said, find a employer that will sponsor and upgrade you to a TS/SCI clearance (what most of the cleared companies are looking for). THis is as easy as a google search. If you work near defense hubs like the DMV, Hampton/Newport, Denver, San Antonio, Seattle, etc...this isnt hard to find. You may take a significant pay cut initially, but its a move to get you in a better position. Doesnt have to be contractor work either, alotta folks sleep on being a Civil Servant for the Govt (USAJOBS).

Other than that, join the military. Preferably the Guard or Reserves. I hear the play in the DMV is for kids to join the Reserves/Guard to get the clearance then go to work for their parents in one of the million defense contractors in the region. :yeshrug:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The first and easiest step is as you said, find a employer that will sponsor and upgrade you to a TS/SCI clearance (what most of the cleared companies are looking for). THis is as easy as a google search. If you work near defense hubs like the DMV, Hampton/Newport, Denver, San Antonio, Seattle, etc...this isnt hard to find. You may take a significant pay cut initially, but its a move to get you in a better position. Doesnt have to be contractor work either, alotta folks sleep on being a Civil Servant for the Govt (USAJOBS).

Other than that, join the military. Preferably the Guard or Reserves. I hear the play in the DMV is for kids to join the Reserves/Guard to get the clearance then go to work for their parents in one of the million defense contractors in the region. :yeshrug:

nikka

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Can you even secure clearance on your own? I thought it had to be through an employer.

I tryna give dude an out lol from my knowledge clearences cost a couple racks (north of 10k I wanna say) and only an employer can sponsor it (maybe a workaround if you form your own biz and then submit on your own behalf as it could be necessary for the business).

Bro was.talking. Or at least came off like dudes were sleeping on some lick lol

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
Is Cybersecurity still a good industry to explore? I got some internal shadowing scheduled and I’m debating it.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Cybersecurity still a good industry to explore? I got some internal shadowing scheduled and I’m debating it.
Not worth it in my opinion. Senior level people are making all the money. So it could be awhile before you crack 6 figures. Zero life balance unless you work in say a GRC role. So expect to be on call 24/7. Working alongside lots of passive aggressive Cacs and Asians.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just lie and say you have a CS degree..
Depending on where you're interviewing, they will check if the degree/education is real.
Where I work, education is verified.
I'm not an SE more a traditional Eng. think (Mech. E/EE) but my company also hires SE's and they do
check education.
It'd probably best to not lie in an interview when HR can and likely will verify these things prior to onboarding.

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
Not worth it in my opinion. Senior level people are making all the money. So it could be awhile before you crack 6 figures. Zero life balance unless you work in say a GRC role. So expect to be on call 24/7. Working alongside lots of passive aggressive Cacs and Asians.
Yeah when I talked to buddy he mentioned he works the night shift sometime and in weekend rotations. I mentally checked out after that