Daps
I joined a team that has been fully remote since 2015 :wow:
200w.gif

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
We need more brehs in tech. Saying we should stay away only makes things worse. If more brehs get in, we'd be able to hire other brehs and mentor them

I get it. But I'm just looking out for the brehs who don't understand the uphill battle they're up against. Some brehs just need jobs/careers and ain't trying to "fight the good fight" or "change the industry" or some over sensationalized things that get said over the internet. Not everyone is down to start a revolution.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, you literally just post for props and likes. You got no solutions other than "fukk all that" ...
You’re right. This is a serious thread.

My solutions are pretty much the same. Everyone looking for a job will eventually have a job. And when they do, I hope they save as much as possible. Because one thing about tech is, it’s not reliable. Google and apple use to be companies I’d be excited to work at. Not anymore. Searching for and finding a job as a black man is really an underestimated feat. So those of you making bank I hope you stash your money. The stories in this thread have been nothing short of traumatizing. Just insane.

Save your money.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You’re right. This is a serious thread.

My solutions are pretty much the same. Everyone looking for a job will eventually have a job. And when they do, I hope they save as much as possible. Because one thing about tech is, it’s not reliable. Google and apple use to be companies I’d be excited to work at. Not anymore. Searching for and finding a job as a black man is really an underestimated feat. So those of you making bank I hope you stash your money. The stories in this thread have been nothing short of traumatizing. Just insane.

Save your money.

100% FACTS

Solomon Lurke

My Boys Dey Be Lurkin...
Daps
Reppin
The Shadows
Yeah, I just started last month. Apply at Telus (US Rater) or Welocalize (Scout Search Quality Rater).

Welocalize pays more at 15/hr. I know that's not a lot but it's literally reading shyt like chatgpt prompts and deciding which is better. W2 job as well.

In the onboarding process with Telus now. My wife was with Appen for a few months before they cut it. I never applied since they were stating you couldn’t be in the same household. In process of quitting my 9-5 so been finding things I can do on the side while focusing my energy on my business.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Ive never understood the point of salesforce. I used it once at my first analyst job and it was the most useless, tedious and redundant tool ever.

And the only reasoning behind why my employer at the time was using it, was because they spent so much money upfront paying someone to setup a system. That was too overly technical for the users.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Same investors probably complaining about remote work dumped on them :wow:

Not meant to be investment advice, but imagine your employer killing remote work while your company's future looks uncertain at best, bleak at worst because of A.I :wow:

If I were working there, I'd probably start interviewing elsewhere and think about leaving.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

Not meant to be investment advice, but imagine your employer killing remote work while your company's future looks uncertain at best, bleak at worst because of A.I :wow:

If I were working there, I'd probably leave.

@Obreh Winfrey idk what they hell you waiting for breh.

They already got you going into the office 3-4 times a week. :damn:

Spence

Superstar
Daps

If I were working there, I'd probably start interviewing elsewhere and think about leaving.

Nah, every salary I’ve seen come out of that company is bloated af. Sit on that paycheck until you’re forced to make a move.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah, every salary I’ve seen come out of that company is bloated af. Sit on that paycheck until you’re forced to make a move.
That's a good point.

At worst I'd make sure Leetcode skills are sharp or at least start to grind at this point.

Although I think everyone should be doing that nonetheless if they're trying to maintain a high salary.