Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to work from home because I want to work from home. It's that simple.

Everyone else who wants to work from home should stop B.S.ing about "peer reviewed studies" and "data" proving their point or disproving others. The world is too big and complicated for this messy social science bullshyt to be conclusive. We can't even quantify what the best programming language is but we want to pretend we know the best way for all businesses to operate.

I know I'm personally more productive when I work from home. But does that make the team more productive (including the juniors)? Maybe not. Does it make the org and entire company more productive? I don't know. Will everyone being remote lead to depressed wages? Maybe. All I know is it's my life so I'll find jobs that let me work from home.:yeshrug:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
I want to work from home because I want to work from home. It's that simple.

Everyone else who wants to work from home should stop B.S.ing about "peer reviewed studies" and "data" proving their point or disproving others. The world is too big and complicated for this messy social science bullshyt to be conclusive. We can't even quantify what the best programming language is but we want to pretend we know the best way for all businesses to operate.

I know I'm personally more productive when I work from home. But does that make the team more productive (including the juniors)? Maybe not. Does it make the org and entire company more productive? I don't know. Will everyone being remote lead to depressed wages? Maybe. All I know is it's my life so I'll find jobs that let me work from home.:yeshrug:

People must be either miserable or extreme extroverts because working from home is such a blessing. I'm sitting here, relaxed in my sweats. a bit of YT in the backgroup. At peace, it's going to be even better when i get a house. :wow:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
But when I told brehs about the tech, they said I was bugging. Any industry overloaded with Asians will give black people a harder time than average.

Punjabi's think theyre honorary cacs..
If youve even been in a space with them and Whites, they seek White adoration so bad they behave like cacs expect them to which is to fukk us over.
They immediately fall in line when theres a cac around.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Punjabi's think theyre honorary cacs..
If youve even been in a space with them and Whites, they seek White adoration so bad they behave like cacs expect them to which is to fukk us over.
They immediately fall in line when theres a cac around.

Hence why I always advise black folks to stay away from working with them or dealing with them whenever possible. They only look to exploit us since they don't think highly of us. Being black in an Asian dominant industry is setting yourself up for failure.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Hence why I always advise black folks to stay away from working with them or dealing with them whenever possible. They only look to exploit us since they don't think highly of us. Being black in an Asian dominant industry is setting yourself up for failure.

I cant stand seeing the sight of them in Black areas..fukk off and go to your White masters and leave us alone.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Y’all gotta stop saying sh1t like this. So what if they don’t think highly of you? You must remain dignified not only In behavior but in your thought process as well.

The best way to phrase what you’re trying to say is this:

:childplease: The nerve of them coming to my country and having the audacity to act high and mighty. Fucck you !

Spence

Superstar
Daps
You have a staffing company? Any advice on starting one?
No im in government contracts which is a little more stable currently. Starting a staffing company from scratch is tough if you don’t have industry contacts to start off with a book of business. Recruiting tools are also pretty expensive to make any kind of dent in the market.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Y’all gotta stop saying sh1t like this. So what if they don’t think highly of you? You must remain dignified not only In behavior but in your thought process as well.

The best way to phrase what you’re trying to say is this:

:childplease: The nerve of them coming to my country and having the audacity to act high and mighty. Fucck you !

Miss us with that 'rise above all' attitude when they're literally signing your checks, telling you when you can go to lunch, and when you can leave. You can talk like that when you got power in the industry. We don't.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Correct, 2% of new job postings are now remote only down from 33% 2 years ago :francis:
No problem outsourcing jobs though right :camby: :stopitslime:

These companies wack af.

To be fair though, there are a lot of remote jobs, problem is not many people want to leave them.

It's also stupid how there are hybrid jobs.

Just let people WFH if they're doing half of it remote anyways.

Last edited:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Miss us with that 'rise above all' attitude when they're literally signing your checks, telling you when you can go to lunch, and when you can leave. You can talk like that when you got power in the industry. We don't.
That’s your life homie. You can straighten your back out or keep bending over. The choice is yours.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
No problem outsourcing jobs though right :camby: :stopitslime:

These companies wack af.

To be fair though, there are a lot of remote jobs, problem is not many people want to leave them.

It's also stupid how there are hybrid jobs.

Just let people WFH if they're doing half of it remote anyways.
All remote jobs that were created during the pandemic are done. No “new” remote jobs are being generated since like you assume, the lower level white collar jobs are being shipped off to pay Indians with subway sandwich gift cards :beli: