Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m actually happy Okta took this bytch that was trying to get me fired off our hands :mjlol:

She left for “greener pastures” and ended up getting laid off with the rest, fk her :umad:
How does she look? And do you think she gonna get the bag or what?
:jbhmm:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
How does she look? And do you think she gonna get the bag or what?
:jbhmm:

Like she got hit in the face with a pit bulls ball sack 😂

She might get paid though :beli:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Why does AI have to be the boogeyman when it's a tool?
Can we not just learn to use the tool?
Theory and practice two different things.

The problem is more so greed.

I doubt the people being let go, is due to a lack of learning to utilize and implement AI vs stakeholders pushing for higher returns by cutting labor.

AI isn’t perfect, and tbh generative ai does little to nothing for me vs stack overflow.

The models being trained, are really just creating shyttier models, rather than improving.

Greed will be the ultimate undoing/ human job security for us.

We actually should all be hoping for some big ai fukk ups. Which I believe will happen eventually.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why does AI have to be the boogeyman when it's a tool?
Can we not just learn to use the tool?
It's moreso about reducing or level setting salaries for these companies. They'll refill these jobs with people who make way less money in a few years.

And companies would rather poach employees than train them for a new role. They figure why not let someone else make that investment.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits

PAWGemployment has officially reached the tech thread :mjlol:

Crazy thing is, I’ve taken two vacations this year so far.

One was for two weeks overseas.

And another was for was a month of quiet vacationing.

I’m not saying what they did was wrong, however posting it to social media isn’t the real flex they think it is.

I’ve come to realize the less people know about how you move the better.

Big mistake I told my team was that I was going overseas two weeks for a vacation because they’ve been low key salty. Even though they have mad pto and make as much as me, if not more.

Americans are “shamed” for taking leisure time and not always working 24/7.

Meanwhile:

This brings me back to my original point. I have no problem with how these women were working but more so broadcasting it. The less people know about your out of work life the better. Look as boring as possible.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Theory and practice two different things.

The problem is more so greed.

I doubt the people being let go, is due to a lack of learning to utilize and implement AI vs stakeholders pushing for higher returns by cutting labor.

AI isn’t perfect, and tbh generative ai does little to nothing for me vs stack overflow.

The models being trained, are really just creating shyttier models, rather than improving.

Greed will be the ultimate undoing/ human job security for us.

We actually should all be hoping for some big ai fukk ups. Which I believe will happen eventually.
It's moreso about reducing or level setting salaries for these companies. They'll refill these jobs with people who make way less money in a few years.

And companies would rather poach employees than train them for a new role. They figure why not let someone else make that investment.
We really just playing a waiting game for these pieces to fall then eh? I've been up on the game they playing with the economy and interest rates but shareholders using AI as a scapegoat now to lower payroll to compensate is pretty crazy

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
We really just playing a waiting game for these pieces to fall then eh? I've been up on the game they playing with the economy and interests but shareholders using AI as a scapegoat now to lower payroll to compensate is pretty crazy
Just working in “tech”
You can see ai isn’t a 1=1 replacement and accountability wise for humans.

Sure task can be automated, but there’s a lot of gray areas.

The hardest thing to replace will be people with soft skills. Bureaucracy is what holds up a lot ish in tech. So being able to communicate, making your presence known is key.

If you know you know.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

@16:20 "Beyond selling Data to advertisers, No real business value had been discovered"

this is why I don't like this comparison. AI /L arge Language Models have shown immense business value the day chatgpt dropped. in fact large language models or multi modal models can eventually help do what "big data" promised to do if it's not currently doing so now in some respects.