Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I don't think it will be that easy.

Ai will eliminate the shyt coders but leaving your tech infrastructure to be atumatically developed will be a night mare to fix when it breaks.

Also storage to maximize the LLM is expensive as fukk too.

Companies are more hesitant to fully embrace than people lead on.

sounds like potential for a new oversight role(s) with dramatically reduced head count than one that would shield experienced SWEs.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
sounds like potential for a new oversight role(s) with dramatically reduced head count than one that would shield experienced SWEs.

I mean experienced swes don't grow on trees and most people are shifty developers.

If you are a good coder and have machine learning under your belt.

You won't be out of a job. In my opinion as someone in the industry

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I mean experienced swes don't grow on trees and most people are shifty developers.

If you are a good coder and have machine learning under your belt.

You won't be out of a job. In my opinion as someone in the industry

I think you'll have a good chance at an oversight role but still playing musical chairs.

But yeah, the big banks and a lot of the AI people are flip flopping on what is at risk for early automation.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I don't think it will be that easy.

Ai will eliminate the shyt coders but leaving your tech infrastructure to be atumatically developed will be a night mare to fix when it breaks.

Also storage to maximize the LLM is expensive as fukk too.

Companies are more hesitant to fully embrace than people lead on.

maybe again we are still in the early days. I'm sure we all remember when cell phone cameras were utter trash and now new phones can take a shot that only a 3,000 dlsr could 10 years ago

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
The bloodbath continues. Something tells me quarterly layoffs are gonna be normalized by the end of this war :francis:
There was only decency holding them back. With interest rates as high as they are, the big ponzi needs blood to keep pumping.

Hopefully we will see more unions.

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, and they didn't ask for it. However I can talk on an interview like I have it. I plan on skipping the A+ tbh and going straight for the SEC+ unless of course I'm able to get a free voucher for it.
Sec+ is definitely the most important of the entry certs. Some companies, and the government, requires it only to give you access to remote into other computers. I don’t know your experience level or what certs you have, but if you don’t get this job, you may want to look into A+. Eventhough A+ isn’t looked upon in the same light as Sec+, it could help you get other help desk jobs or work at an actual computer repair shop that will help you as you gain more education/experience. Good luck and hope you get this job