RJSif8.gif

I'm about done with this field.
:francis:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
all im sayin is you shouldn’t need to start a business just to get by in this country, the nature of what’s going on in the world right now especially

I guess yall trying to give advice but yall not keeping it real about starting your own business or what that means and to counter layoffs by sayin start a business, I just don’t see the logic in that, I look at the forest within the trees
you out here talking about 'should' while I'm talking reality

you shouldn't have to go into massive debt for an education or a house either. but here we are

How can you not see the logic in building multiple streams of income to counter the risk of layoffs?

All these layoffs happening year after year now and you really feel more secure playing the "let me rest my entire livelihood on this one job" game? :gucci:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

you shouldn't have to go into massive debt for an education or a house either. but here we are

How can you not see the logic in building multiple streams of income to counter the risk of layoffs?

All these layoffs happening year after year now and you really feel more secure playing the "let me rest my entire livelihood on this one job" game? :gucci:

Imagine that? They tell you to go to school and get an education so you can get a well paying job AND another job because Orgs are sucking consumers dry as governments bend over backwards to provide their buddies with $$$$ at your expense.

Middle class will be wiped out at this rate.

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Begged for workers…even cried to the government. Now they fire them on a whim. All ti enrich themselves. Thr market was all about growth at any means necessary. I know a company that quadrupled their headcount in the name of growth. Went public, stock price dropped like a drone and they laid off at least half the workers. Execs got big money too…one to renovate their house. Sold their stock at theright time. Probably cost several oriole their jobs.

These people don’t care. As gov had let the oriole they serve down big time. Now AI gonna crush the buildings.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Don't worry guys the economy is doing great and unemployment is the lowest it's been in years :unimpressed:
Numbers is crooked like King Kong shook it (c) Dilla
Laying off workers in this environment when you're hitting all the forecasts and stocks are recovering to all time highs is nasty work

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Don't worry guys the economy is doing great and unemployment is the lowest it's been in years :unimpressed:
Numbers is crooked like King Kong shook it (c) Dilla
Laying off workers in this environment when you're hitting all the forecasts and stocks are recovering to all time highs is nasty work
Thry always have to revise the numbers….which means everything is based off of bullshyt data.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps

You not talking reality, the solution is for citizens to fight for better, you telling people to go compete with monopolies so they don’t have to worry about being laid off

And the funny thing is people who got the disposal money to even start a business don’t need to worry about layoffs and shyt like that

Why you playing like most people are even in a position to take advantage of your advice

And the crazy thing is yall up here talking about multiple streams of income but don’t talk about actual businesses, yall kill me when yall do that shyt, talking all that shyt but don’t drop no knowledge but “just start a business”

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

My deal is this. What y'all are saying about establishing second stream of income makes perfect logical sense. The problem is that shyt takes time and effort and energy and is nowhere near as simple as stated. That's why I tried to get more details by asking exactly what streams of income. Cause a lot of nikkas that say shyt like that say it cause it sounds good without knowing the amount of work that goes in to it.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My deal is this. What y'all are saying about establishing second stream of income makes perfect logical sense. The problem is that shyt takes time and effort and energy and is nowhere near as simple as stated. That's why I tried to get more details by asking exactly what streams of income. Cause a lot of nikkas that say shyt like that say it cause it sounds good without knowing the amount of work that goes in to it.

there are different investment vehicles from stocks to real estate, etc. then those who have a skill can monetize it. I know a teacher that creates lessons and sells them on the net, she also throws. Easier to do without a family I suppose. I have two friends who teach in the side and inr works for the gov, the other in radio. It’s never been easier IMO. I just barely scratched the surface.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
with a niche skillset + experience, you should still be getting plenty of opportunities. i know I am (for the time being) :manny:

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
i am scared of any role that doesnt require intermediate level at least in coding

thats funny because ai experts + economist think code heavy jobs (regardless of expertise) are actually some of the first at risk contrary to the old age thinking that it would shielded.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
thats funny because ai experts + economist think code heavy jobs (regardless of expertise) are actually some of the first at risk contrary to the old age thinking that it would shielded.

I don't think it will be that easy.

Ai will eliminate the shyt coders but leaving your tech infrastructure to be atumatically developed will be a night mare to fix when it breaks.

Also storage to maximize the LLM is expensive as fukk too.

Companies are more hesitant to fully embrace than people lead on.