Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
The key is getting enough people to file lawsuits at the same time. IBM ended up settling out of court with bunch of older workers over age discrimination. Because a ton of workers sued and they eventually figured out it would be cheaper to settle most of them.

I'm petty enough to do something like this out of spite alone and wouldn't care if I lost money.

IBM is preparing to settle yet more age discrimination and wage theft complaints against the IT giant, though in one instance where it has already done so, Big Blue is accused of failing to comply with the terms of its settlement agreement.

Back in 2018, IBM was in the headlines, accused of deliberately trying to get rid of older workers and replace them with younger Millennials.
It's different if they are caught doing something illegal. From my readings there is not technically anything illegal about forcing people to come back to the office. As long as the company isn't outright firing the people and giving them alternatives to keep their job then in the court's eyes nothing they did is wrong. It's immoral as hell but companies have always done shady shyt to get people to quit including changing job duties.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
hope they fail
They're struggling bad. Everytime I talk to a coworker still there they sound miserable and how things are collapsing around and how all departments are understaffed and severely overworked with no direction. I know they had to stop selling the software that I was over cause no one knew how to troubleshoot it or knew enough about the functionality to keep adding to it. Before I left there was big plans for it. The dude that snaked me and told the higher ups he could easily do my job quit a few months after getting it because he was so overwhelmed.

It was there own doing. I tried to do them a solid by stressing in the quarterly planning meeting that we need to focus energy on developing a knowledge sharing plan and that it was too dangerous to keep going forward with me being the go-to guy for everything. There response was to laugh and basically say that's not needed since I'm there to back up everyone lol.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
“We’re just one big family”
whenever a job does this I just leave or don't apply. When you think about it, can you fire someone out of your family? No. 2. What it also means is that there will be favoritism and people will slack off and not face repercussions like real "families" and now I have to either do extra work and work around the dysfunction.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I feel like some of this is punishment for The Great Resignation.
moreso they hired too many mediocre people and now are cutting the fat, helps their stock and because other companies are doing it as well and now people want to follow trends. I also think because these companies don't want to make cuts in terms of the c-level salaries, they are cutting people bc the u.s. economy is still near a recession.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
moreso they hired too many mediocre people and now are cutting the fat, helps their stock and because other companies are doing it as well and now people want to follow trends. I also think because these companies don't want to make cuts in terms of the c-level salaries, they are cutting people bc the u.s. economy is still near a recession.
How could these companies have hired so many mediocre people when they all showed they could leetcode and system design in the interviews :jbhmm::troll:

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I feel like some of this is punishment for The Great Resignation.

Right,,,,,Those mufukkas on some now

denzel-washington.gif

Daps
always an issue between the what the hr puts out and who you are working for.

Also, thanks to MBA philosphy in the c-suites. A lot of these companies don't want to train up talent in the tech sphere, so the BS'ers who can overinflate their skills are usually picked. I know a decent amount of tech dudes who are high-up in their field complaining about this problem, and said they would have never made it in this tech market if they were fresh college grads.