Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

I know you didn't read the article, you know why? It backs up my point

:ufdup:

Self ether :mjgrin:

GAME, SET AND PHUCKING MATCH. :sas1:

You're right about the USA. I'm right overall. :yeshrug:

The citizenship requirement for participation on the US national team is a policy of the US Soccer Federation (USSF), which in its bylaws states that "a player representing the Federation shall be a citizen of the United States."7 The USSF policy is actually stricter than what FIFA, which oversees international soccer, requires of its member associations. In fact, the FIFA statutes do not even mention the words "citizen" or "citizenship."8 FIFA Regulation 5.1 states, "Any person holding a permanent nationality that is not dependent on residence in a certain country is eligible to play for the representative teams of the Association of that country.

US immigration policy negatively effects US Soccer - LawInSport

The republicans made the USA soccer rules stricter than FIFA's:ehh:

Luck my u picked the USA to prove your point. I’m right in 99% of other nations, u got lucky

Last edited:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With the US stagnant/regressing since basically the 2014 wc. I wonder if Canada has a chance to surpass them in the next 10-12 years

Skip2

All Star
Daps
Time for the the US to sign Messi and Christian Ronald. We have the money to do so. Give them both a $100 mill contract.
:manny:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking - Ranking Table - FIFA.com

ok, then.
Who is top 10 from handing out visas like candy?
USA still happens to be ranked 21st in the world. Who in the top 20 is there from doing what you suggested?

I mean you're purposely trying to limit what the answer could be by saying top 20. Most of the top 20 have home grown talent with decades of a fine tuned machine supporting and cultivating talent. We're still building that out and everyone acknowledges we're not close to matching their infrastructures yet. The premise of my argument was that our talent pool could increase if we incorporated the same strategies other countries use.

If a country improves its ranking from 150 to 100 due to bringing on non citizens to their roster. Do you believe the USA incorporating the same strategy wouldn't yield some type of uptick in our rankings as well?

Obviously you don't believe that and think we should copy the strategies of the best teams in the world. Which is fine bc thats your opinion :yeshrug:

There however are other strategies out there that have shown to have positive results for lower ranked teams. The USA has obviously taken a hard position in not incorporating those strategies by making their rules stricter than Fifa's.

Evaluating all potential strategies to win isn't dumb or stupid, its looking over all of your options. We're not winning anything or even close to doing so. :francis:

It's commendable that we want to make sure our citizens are on our team. :ehh: Doesn't mean its the 100% right thing to do for the USA to beat the best :ld: