Team USA Soccer team loses to Canada for 1st time in 34 years

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Honest question, why isnt futsal more popular here? Its inside, so no complaint about the cold. It's also more exciting than regular soccer imo

I really think if a player lik3 Ronaldinho was in his prime futsal would be more popular.

Ronaldinho had the flair and the joga bonito style but his prime was right before social media platforms took off.

Messi and Cristiano are good but Ronaldinho style was just so beautiful to watch with the flair :banderas:

He was a beast in futsal too...if I'm not mistaken that is where his amazing footwork/tricks comes from.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I mean you're purposely trying to limit what the answer could be by saying top 20. Most of the top 20 have home grown talent with decades of a fine tuned machine supporting and cultivating talent. We're still building that out and everyone acknowledges we're not close to matching their infrastructures yet. The premise of my argument was that our talent pool could increase if we incorporated the same strategies other countries use.

If a country improves its ranking from 150 to 100 due to bringing on non citizens to their roster. Do you believe the USA incorporating the same strategy wouldn't yield some type of uptick in our rankings as well?

Obviously you don't believe that and think we should copy the strategies of the best teams in the world. Which is fine bc thats your opinion :yeshrug:

There however are other strategies out there that have shown to have positive results for lower ranked teams. The USA has obviously taken a hard position in not incorporating those strategies by making their rules stricter than Fifa's.

Evaluating all potential strategies to win isn't dumb or stupid, its looking over all of your options. We're not winning anything or even close to doing so. :francis:

It's commendable that we want to make sure our citizens are on our team. :ehh: Doesn't mean its the 100% right thing to do for the USA to beat the best :ld:
NO. because the same things you do to go from an F or D student to a C student isn't gonna make you an A or even B student.

any country that has an aggressive foreign recruitment plan is doing it because they don't want to be embarrassed and just want some ringers to make them somewhat respectable. but no top tier player from an elite country is gonna be sign up to play for a not so good country. and if they're top-tier that means they're playing for an elite club anyway so they don't give a fukk.

concise

Veteran
Daps
I mean you're purposely trying to limit what the answer could be by saying top 20. Most of the top 20 have home grown talent with decades of a fine tuned machine supporting and cultivating talent. We're still building that out and everyone acknowledges we're not close to matching their infrastructures yet. The premise of my argument was that our talent pool could increase if we incorporated the same strategies other countries use.

If a country improves its ranking from 150 to 100 due to bringing on non citizens to their roster. Do you believe the USA incorporating the same strategy wouldn't yield some type of uptick in our rankings as well?

Obviously you don't believe that and think we should copy the strategies of the best teams in the world. Which is fine bc thats your opinion :yeshrug:

There however are other strategies out there that have shown to have positive results for lower ranked teams. The USA has obviously taken a hard position in not incorporating those strategies by making their rules stricter than Fifa's.

Evaluating all potential strategies to win isn't dumb or stupid, its looking over all of your options. We're not winning anything or even close to doing so. :francis:

It's commendable that we want to make sure our citizens are on our team. :ehh: Doesn't mean its the 100% right thing to do for the USA to beat the best :ld:

ok, let's try it differently, since your plan can't produce even a top 20 team.

Tell me who on that list, who just happens to still be below the USA, has improved themselves doing your plan.

Or, let's make it even simpler, since we have international tournaments every year now. Anybody make it to any continental final doing your plan?

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
We'll get better

CriminalBouncyHalicore-size_restricted.gif

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
NO. because the same things you do to go from an F or D student to a C student isn't gonna make you an A or even B student.

any country that has an aggressive foreign recruitment plan is doing it because they don't want to be embarrassed and just want some ringers to make them somewhat respectable. but no top tier player from an elite country is gonna be sign up to play for a not so good country. and if they're top-tier that means they're playing for an elite club anyway so they don't give a fukk.

That’s ur opinion, not a factual statement. I personally think certain strategies started at a lower level can be incorporated at a higher level to make your team better. :yeshrug: Like the spread offense in american CFB, started out in the lower tiers of D1, people shyt on it for a decade; but once the top teams gave it a try with better athletes and execution its fukking everywhere now. No one would say the top CFB teams adopting the spread offense going from being a B team to A team was stupid bc the only people with the track record were small F teams going to D teams.

The USA already started dabbling in new methods the top tier programs dont do already. The USA and Senegal both started getting players born in other countries but their parents were of USA/Senegal descent so they qualified for their parents home countries at a greater rate than most of the top tier teams. Those players are now a good percentage of their rosters, that was not the "normal" way of doing things or the traditional way to build national teams, maybe 1 -3 guys but not 1/4 or the majority of the roster. Did that process not improve each team significantly? That many people with that background on a national team was unheard of back in day. Senegal went from 76 to 20 in 12 years because of the strategy. The rule wasn't official for grandparents ancestry until 2004 and now is widely accepted. You even accept it.

How is taking that a step further so outlandish to you? We already have a model the "top tier" teams don't have bc their infrastructures are better than ours. You seem to be limited to what the current rules are without taking into consideration those same rules are liberal as fukk from the rules back in the day. Things change :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
ok, let's try it differently, since your plan can't produce even a top 20 team.

Tell me who on that list, who just happens to still be below the USA, has improved themselves doing your plan.

Or, let's make it even simpler, since we have international tournaments every year now. Anybody make it to any continental final doing your plan?

Qatar??? They're the poster child for that model.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Qatar??? They're the poster child for that model.

In athletics for the Olympics, yes.

As for their team that just won the Asian Cup, who are the mercenaries? Damn near the whole team was raised through their academy systems that they built up at the start of the century. Try again. :mjgrin:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In athletics for the Olympics, yes.

As for their team that just won the Asian Cup, who are the mercenaries? Damn near the whole team was raised through their academy systems that they built up at the start of the century. Try again. :mjgrin:

Wrong. The ones who mattered didn’t until they were mid teens. Qatar implemented the exact model I was stating. Get em in early, get that 5 years and boom they’re now eligible. If you dk that udk football and there’s no reason to keep talking to u.

Other countries wanted to file complaints against them :mjlol: you dk what ur talking about them

concise

Veteran
Daps
Wrong. The ones who mattered didn’t until they were mid teens. Qatar implemented the exact model I was stating. Get em in early, get that 5 years and boom they’re now eligible. If you dk that udk football and there’s no reason to keep talking to u.

Other countries wanted to file complaints against them :mjlol: you dk what ur talking about them

:mjlol:
You said "top talent". Who are the dudes you are talking about and what other countries were they eligible for?

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:
You said "top talent". Who are the dudes you are talking about and what other countries were they eligible for?
they had ten guys. I believe 1 or 2 came in to Qatar before 15.

Would u be against going to Brazil getting the best talent that didn’t make the u20 and they aren’t in European academies at age17-19 and putting them into the American pipeline?

Most if not all the talent in the academies in America are USA born.

You admitted Qatar is cherry picking talent outside of qatar. Should we do the same?

concise

Veteran
Daps
they had ten guys. I believe 1 or 2 came in to Qatar before 15.

Would u be against going to Brazil getting the best talent that didn’t make the u20 and they aren’t in European academies at age17-19 and putting them into the American pipeline?

Most if not all the talent in the academies in America are USA born.

You admitted Qatar is cherry picking talent outside of qatar. Should we do the same?

They did not have 10. :mjlol:
You still did not name any of these top talents.
If it was that easy, Qatar, of all teams, would have a Brazilian on their squad. They don't.

Teams lodge complaints over other teams putting out ineligible players all the time. That's not something unique that started with Qatar or in Asian football. :heh:

And where did I say Qatar is cherry picking talent for football? You said that. I asked you to name these dudes and you have not been able to do that yet.

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They did not have 10. :mjlol:
You still did not name any of these top talents.
If it was that easy, Qatar, of all teams, would have a Brazilian on their squad. They don't.

Teams lodge complaints over other teams putting out ineligible players all the time. That's not something unique that started with Qatar or in Asian football. :heh:

And where did I say Qatar is cherry picking talent for football? You said that. I asked you to name these dudes and you have not been able to do that yet.

Ró-Ró Portugal
Karim Boudiaf
Bassam Al-Rawi
Boualem Khoukhi
Almoez Ali

over 1/3rd of the starting lineup

5 in 2019

10 in 2014
Qatar's current football squad is made up of players from ten different countries
But how are they all allowed to play for Qatar?

FIFA’s eligibility rules state that a player must have ‘lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association’.

:unimpressed: