Ró-Ró Portugal
Karim Boudiaf
Bassam Al-Rawi
Boualem Khoukhi
Almoez Ali

over 1/3rd of the starting lineup

5 in 2019

10 in 2014
Qatar's current football squad is made up of players from ten different countries
But how are they all allowed to play for Qatar?

FIFA’s eligibility rules state that a player must have ‘lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant Association’.

:unimpressed:
And none of those guys are top talents. :dead: at listing guys who were playing in 4th division leagues before going to Qatar.

How interesting is it that they finally won something by depending less on trying to find outsiders and started reaping the benefits of training up their own players ? :mjpls:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
And none of those guys are top talents. :dead: at listing guys who were playing in 4th division leagues before going to Qatar.

How interesting is it that they finally won something by depending less on trying to find outsiders and started reaping the benefits of training up their own players ? :mjpls:

You’re right. No reason to argue that Qatar took one of biggest leaps in soccer by grooming their own players and getting Guys from other countries to lead them in scoring, assists and possession control was just to support Qatar’s core squad.

No reason to argue with that logic. I concede :manny: you win

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

One year later. Things feel very different.

1. Almost all of those guys are under 22, so we won't see this bunch at their peak until 2026.

2. Canada surely has less talent, but they still have Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David, two great young players.

3. We still don't have a reliable striker. Sargent is good at a lot of things, but finishing isn't one of them.

4. Our coach is an idiot.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
1. Almost all of those guys are under 22, so we won't see this bunch at their peak until 2026.

2. Canada surely has less talent, but they still have Alphonso Davies and Jonathan David, two great young players.

3. We still don't have a reliable striker. Sargent is good at a lot of things, but finishing isn't one of them.

4. Our coach is an idiot.

Oh I agree with all 4 or your points. I think 2026 will be the coming out party. Most of these guys are very young and haven't played together. Still excited to see a core of young players getting training and playing time for quality teams.

Sargent is a mystery. He has a lot of potential and does some very good things, but his team is so trash that it's hard to see what he could be capable of doing.

How may I help you?

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Oh I agree with all 4 or your points. I think 2026 will be the coming out party. Most of these guys are very young and haven't played together. Still excited to see a core of young players getting training and playing time for quality teams.

Sargent is a mastery. He has a lot of potential and does some very good things, but his team is so trash that it's hard to see what he could be capable of doing.

How may I help you?

Alphonso Davies >>>>> all
We got the best left back in the da world

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps

One year later. Things feel very different.

So... does this mean we're good now?

I dont know any of these ppl. Is this a new wave of MLS superstars? Any of them make it to Euro premier leagues and shyt?

What happened to that Poldosklulaski kid? Wasn't he supposed to be the new Landon or some shyt?

Did we get an ill coach from overseas yet or do we still have bumass Bruce Arenas?

What happened to all those random azz German cats who repped U.S that one year?

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Some good young players in that pic. Sergino Dest, Reyna, Tyler Adams, etc. They’ll all be good buys in FIFA 21 career mode.

Were better at LB, but they have the advantage in every other position though except maybe striker.

I'm curious to see how Johnathan David does playing in a top 5 league. Jozy lit up the Eredivisie before moving to a top 5 league and struggling. Sometimes that jump from a smaller league a big 5 can be tough. Hope he does well.

Alphonso Davies >>>>> all
We got the best left back in the da world

I've got nothing bad to say about Davies. He's a phenomenal player. To say he's >>>> is up for debate. If he's not the best LB he's about to be.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
So... does this mean we're good now?

I dont know any of these ppl. Is this a new wave of MLS superstars? Any of them make it to Euro premier leagues and shyt?

Young American players that are currently are European squads. Pulisic is in the Premier League, Dest is at Barça, McKennie is at Juve, and there’s a lot in the German Bundesliga.

What happened to that Poldosklulaski kid? Wasn't he supposed to be the new Landon or some shyt?

I’m assuming you’re talking about Pulisic? He had a good run with Dortmund in Germany and then moved to Chelsea.

Did we get an ill coach from overseas yet or do we still have bumass Bruce Arenas?

Gregg Berhalter is the new coach. His only overseas experience is at Hammarby in Sweden. Most of his coaching experience is from MLS.