Team USA Soccer team loses to Canada for 1st time in 34 years

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

You’re in here arguing without having even a basic knowledge of the topic at hand.

Yes. Yes thats how it does work. See above. Man people dont even take 15 seconds to google before they throw out some BS:stopitslime:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Bless your heart. :mjgrin:

The residency requirement for players lacking birth or ancestral connections with a specific country was extended from two to five years in May 2008 at FIFA's Congress as part of Blatter's efforts to preserve the integrity of competitions involving national teams.[15]
The relevant current FIFA statute, Article 7: Acquisition of a new nationality, states:[16]
Any player who refers to art. 5 par. 1[note 1] to assumes a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition of any category or any type of football] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfils one of the following conditions:
a) He was born on the territory of the relevant association;
b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant association;
c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant association;
d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant association.

Us requirements to be a Resident

An applicant for naturalization has the burden of establishing that he or she has complied with the continuous residence requirement, if applicable. There are two types of absences from the United States that are automatically presumed to break the continuity of residence for purposes of naturalization. [9]

• Absences of more than 6 months but less than one year; and

• Absences of one year or more.
You just have to be here twice a year to be a resident. :hhh: You done now?

:mjlol:

The FIFA regulations means you still have to have some ties to the country you want to play for, whether it is thru your parents or grandparents or you have actually lived in the country for a period of time.

Just because you learnt French at school and decide to throw a dart at the map and decide to play for whatever French speaking country it lands on. Doesn't mean you can play for that country without having some connection.

:mjgrin:

While you leave out the part where it says

The applicant did not obtain employment while abroad

Sorry Real Madrid, I cannot join you, its going to phuck up my naturalization for America. :mjgrin:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

The FIFA regulations means you still have to have some ties to the country you want to play for, whether it is thru your parents or grandparents or you have actually lived in the country for a period of time.

Just because you learnt French at school and decide to throw a dart at the map and decide to play for whatever French speaking country it lands on. Doesn't mean you can play for that country without having some connection.

While you leave out the part where it says

Sorry Real Madrid, I cannot join you, its going to phuck up my naturalization for America. :mjgrin:

Ok bra. Naturalization does not mean residency.

In your own post u said the person must live in that country for a certain time. Living in a country means you’re a resident.

To qualify to be a resident of the United States, you must get a green card, have a permanent place for living(apartment, house) and must be at that place once every 6 months.

If we wanted the new Pele to play for the us.

We give him a green card, make him rent an apartment. As along as he stays at that apartment once every 6 months. He can play for us after 5 years.

Sorry I didn’t break it down to u earlier. I didn’t know you didn’t know the difference between naturalization and residency. My bad :francis:

We don’t give a fukk if he’s a naturalized citizen or even if he wants to become one in us. We just need him to meet the residency requirements. The outside employment only applies if he eventually wants to be a us citizen and applies for it later.

We just need pele to play soccer not be a citizen.

Last edited:

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Bless your heart. :mjgrin:

The residency requirement for players lacking birth or ancestral connections with a specific country was extended from two to five years in May 2008 at FIFA's Congress as part of Blatter's efforts to preserve the integrity of competitions involving national teams.[15]
The relevant current FIFA statute, Article 7: Acquisition of a new nationality, states:[16]
Any player who refers to art. 5 par. 1[note 1] to assumes a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition of any category or any type of football] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfils one of the following conditions:
a) He was born on the territory of the relevant association;
b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant association;
c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant association;
d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant association.

Us requirements to be a Resident

An applicant for naturalization has the burden of establishing that he or she has complied with the continuous residence requirement, if applicable. There are two types of absences from the United States that are automatically presumed to break the continuity of residence for purposes of naturalization. [9]

• Absences of more than 6 months but less than one year; and

• Absences of one year or more.
You just have to be here twice a year to be a resident. :hhh: You done now?
Brehs even though you took the time out of your day to look this up and copy and paste this. You're still wrong and don't know what you're talking about

Even if you get your Green Card/PR, FIFA won't clear you to switch nation's just cause your a resident of that nation

You need a valid passport and or citizenship. Case and point with these two

Diego Fagundez says he was “tired of waiting for the U.S.” after choosing to play for Uruguay

Darlington Nagbe Gets U.S. Green Card

Both of them lived here since as kids, both had green cards and FIFA wouldnt clear them.

One said fukk it and just chose to stay with his birth country and the other waited until a year later when he got married and sped up the process.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Brehs even though you took the time out of your day to look this up and copy and paste this. You're still wrong and don't know what you're talking about

Even if you get your Green Card/PR, FIFA won't clear you to switch nation's just cause your a resident of that nation

You need a valid passport and or citizenship. Case and point with these two

Diego Fagundez says he was “tired of waiting for the U.S.” after choosing to play for Uruguay

Darlington Nagbe Gets U.S. Green Card

Both of them lived here since as kids, both had green cards and FIFA wouldnt clear them.

One said fukk it and just chose to stay with his birth country and the other waited until a year later when he got married and sped up the process.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion

Breh I literally just stated we give him a green card first. Nage didnt get his green card until 2012 with that article. he was then eligible in 2017. https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019...id-darlington-nagbe-turns-down-usmnt-call-ups

Diego Fagundez's article states
The moment came when they told me I couldn’t continue because I wasn’t a citizen or a resident,” said Fagundez. “A lot of years passed – so many years – and the situation didn’t change. I was tired of waiting for the United States.”

Fagundez said he had no hard feeling against American soccer officials.

“Right now, I don’t want to play with the United States,” he said. “I’m very happy with Uruguay and I think we can go far.”

He didnt have a residence here for the previous 5 years!

God have mercy on your soul. :mjlol:

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
He's regretting not playing for Croatia.

Stunning that they got this much worse since missing out. Berhalter just doesn't know what he's doing out there.

he would get no play time for Croatia you tripping :mjlol: perisic, rebic, vlasic. they have so many options better then pulisic bum ass

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ok bra. Naturalization does not mean residency.

In your own post u said the person must live in that country for a certain time. Living in a country means you’re a resident.

To qualify to be a resident of the United States, you must get a green card, have a permanent place for living(apartment, house) and must be at that place once every 6 months.

If we wanted the new Pele to play for the us.

We give him a green card, make him rent an apartment. As along as he stays at that apartment once every 6 months. He can play for us after 5 years.

Sorry I didn’t break it down to u earlier. I didn’t know you didn’t know the difference between naturalization and residency. My bad :francis:

We don’t give a fukk if he’s a naturalized citizen or even if he wants to become one in us. We just need him to meet the residency requirements. The outside employment only applies if he eventually wants to be a us citizen and applies for it later.

We just need pele to play soccer not be a citizen.

What don't you understand about being unable to play for America until FIFA recognize him as an American national?

Having a US green card means phuck all. :mjgrin:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

What don't you understand about being unable to play for America until FIFA recognize him as an American national?

Having a US green card means phuck all. :mjgrin:

He tried to play for the us in 2013. He didnt get his green card until 2013.

By your math I guess that's 5 years. Not by my math.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
Breh I literally just stated we give him a green card first. Nage didnt get his green card until 2012 with that article. he was then eligible in 2017. Report: Atlanta United mid Darlington Nagbe turns down USMNT call-ups

Diego Fagundez's article states
The moment came when they told me I couldn’t continue because I wasn’t a citizen or a resident,” said Fagundez. “A lot of years passed – so many years – and the situation didn’t change. I was tired of waiting for the United States.”

Fagundez said he had no hard feeling against American soccer officials.

“Right now, I don’t want to play with the United States,” he said. “I’m very happy with Uruguay and I think we can go far.”

He didnt have a residence here for the previous 5 years!

God have mercy on your soul. :mjlol:
That's the whole point I'm trying to make.its not black and white

You make it seem getting a green card and then citenzenship in this day and age post 9/11 is easy as applying for one and you good and it's as long as x amount of years, immagration ain't that easy

Fagundez was waiting on a passport application to go the US through but the US took it's time, how does one apply and on a waitlist for a passport if he has no status at all with the US? And he's still playing in the US to this day.

But going back to the overall point you first made that Canada only beat us cause they give visas and you giving props to US soccer in any manner is :mjlol: Cause it's the worse that it's been in a very long time

Then now you move the goal post about how easy it would be to have the next Pele if we just have breh get a green card then wait those years until if gets his citenzenship. Like immagration here is some walk in a park :mjtf:.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He tried to play for the us in 2013. He didnt get his green card until 2013.

By your math I guess that's 5 years. Not by my math.

He married a US citizen, which means he is able to become a US National in 3 years not 5.

Green Card in 2012.
Married in 2012
Became a US national in 2015
Selected for America 2015

Show me where he played for America when he just had a green card?

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

He married a US citizen, which means he is able to become a US National in 3 years not 5.

Green Card in 2012.
Married in 2012
Became a US national in 2015
Selected for America 2015

Show me where he played for America when he just had a green card?

:coffee: Fagundez relishes acquiring green card
Fagundez relishes acquiring green card
Oct 23, 2013
Brian O'Connell, Special to ESPNBoston.com

2013 He started the Green Card Process. It's ok to admit you're wrong. No reason to make stuff up.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Soccer is an elite game here in the states. Minorities are outpriced by the game.
suburban whites need the pay for play system to be the way it is. and soccer isn't like basketball and football where you can come to to the sport late.

Exactly....US will never do any damage in soccer as long as the pay for play shyt exist. They need to go into the hood and find the best of the best

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:coffee: Fagundez relishes acquiring green card
Fagundez relishes acquiring green card
Oct 23, 2013
Brian O'Connell, Special to ESPNBoston.com

2013 He started the Green Card Process. It's ok to admit you're wrong. No reason to make stuff up.

I know you didn't read the article, you know why? It backs up my point

Of course, there’s still more to do before Fagundez can don the U.S. jersey. The U.S. Soccer Federation requires that all players have full citizenship, and the wait for a person holding a green card to obtain citizenship is five years in most cases. Additionally, Fagundez must spend the bulk of that five-year process stateside, which could keep him from making a move overseas until he is 23

:ufdup:

Self ether :mjgrin:

GAME, SET AND PHUCKING MATCH. :sas1: