Tariq Nasheed UStream Show 5/3/2014

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
The thing that bothers me about the concept of asking black celebrities for help is it takes the responsibility of fixing our communities off of ourselves. If Mayweather is gonna help, he's gonna help and if he's not, he's not. So for me, I'm not gonna worry about the "black elite" unless they're going out of their way to stop black progress (or super c00ning like them dudes standing behind Levi Petit).

IMO, there's enough of us working and middle class black people who say we care to fix any problem we have. But we're going to have to seriously sacrifice to make it happen.

And a lot of them like the Celebrities don't give a fukk.

Agree with everything else though. I ain't asking a celeb to do shyt. Just wonder why they have such a lack of care. Then again it's middle class people that don't care. I hear all the time "I don't care about that in my life I'm just going to put God first and my family second and wait to be accepted in to heaven where everything is peaceful".

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
And a lot of them like the Celebrities don't give a fukk.

Agree with everything else though. I ain't asking a celeb to do shyt. Just wonder why they have such a lack of care. Then again it's middle class people that don't care. I hear all the time "I don't care about that in my life I'm just going to put God first and my family second and wait to be accepted in to heaven where everything is peaceful".

That's the whole point. The people complaining about Mayweather not doing shyt wouldn't be anything either if they had Mayweather's money.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
That's the whole point. The people complaining about Mayweather not doing shyt wouldn't be anything either if they had Mayweather's money.

What about folks who are doing something that's complain (for lack of a better term)? I wouldn't say I'm complaining about the rich or the middle class. It just makes me wonder why they're not able to see the world as I do.

Respect to you BREH, cause I know you're one dude on hear that is about that action and I enjoy reading your post about some of the things that you're doing and showing that you're doing.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
No unity. No building (blocks) with each other rich or poor...and nikkas wonder why its no love for each other to the point we show disdain and resentment

Bootstrap. ..bootstrap. ..bootstrap will save all that tho

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
What about folks who are doing something that's complain (for lack of a better term)? I wouldn't say I'm complaining about the rich or the middle class. It just makes me wonder why they're not able to see the world as I do.

Respect to you BREH, cause I know you're one dude on hear that is about that action and I enjoy reading your post about some of the things that you're doing and showing that you're doing.

Its simple, its because they were never taught to. Right now everything we learn we learn from white people, down to how we worship our creator. Right now theres a 8 year old black boy sitting in a class who's learning about how superior whites are and how inferior blacks are. When that kid grows up and becomes the next black billionaire, he's not gonna be thinking of putting his race first.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Its simple, its because they were never taught to. Right now everything we learn we learn from white people, down to how we worship our creator. Right now theres a 8 year old black boy sitting in a class who's learning about how superior whites are and how inferior blacks are. When that kid grows up and becomes the next black billionaire, he's not gonna be thinking of putting his race first.

RIGHT!!!

That's my complaint and what I'm trying to do. It's no one to tell these people who fukked up they are. I had a woman tell me she wouldn't let her child watch Selma. This same woman has never watch Malcolm X but has watch Forrest Gump I'm sure.

One thing you didn't mention is this though. THEY DON'T WANT TO BE TAUGHT about black independence and pride. Unless blacks are learning in a school or in a church they don't want to be taught. You know how many I've tried to show Hidden Colors to and they look at me like I don't want to watch that talkative ass shyt, but let CBS run a show called Jesus on Saturday night.

Thanks for the conversation.

Last edited:

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
that detroit caller was right, and tariq hates to hold black multi-millionaires accountable. he talking about some "why don't do you do it", i bet mayweather has more wealth than 90% of the black citizens in detroit combined.

then he brings up the asian community and says they dont do that, WRONG. asians worth 400 million dollars definitely turn around and reinvest into their communities.

Yea but the black community has more than enough money to finance itself without waiting on Oprah or Floyd Mayweather. Stats continually show that blacks spend trillions each year in malls, shoe stores, churches, hair salons and car lots. But supposedly, n#ggas are always broke when it comes to spending money on political backing, donations to black causes and investing in business.

The thing that people like the caller and you fail to realize is that it takes alot of people doing a little instead of waiting for a few people to do alot.

If blacks were to setup an avenue where they can deposit money into a community chest, used to build black business tailored to that community's needs and wants, then some real action could take place.

Imagine if the black households in Philadelphia, for example, donated $20 each per month to a community fund. That fund is governed by elected black officials with an oversight board. Within the city limits, about 1.5 million people live. Around 45 percent of those people are black, which gives us 700K black people, give or take. And let's say only half of those families donate every month. That would be $7 million dollars per month in capital and $84 million for the year.

With $84 million, I'm thinking some a school or two could be built. I'm thinking a bank or two could be created. I'm thinking some politicians could get financed. I'm thinking some run down neighborhoods could get gentrified.....by blacks and for black families. I'm thinking some desperately needed services could be created in black neighborhoods.

And that's only the beginning. Most people are followers, so once they see the fruition, the numbers would increase. And let's say, eventually, 75 percent of the black population joins in. That's $10 million per month and $120 million for the year. Way more than one person would donate.

Imagine if blacks across the country decided to do this in their neck of the woods every month and every year. Imagine all the new businesses that would be created to just to service the plans of the community fund. Imagine the money circulation that would lift many from poor to middle class, from middle class to upper class. Imagine the end of "glass ceilings" as black companies are created that hire black professionals to service the needs of the community.

If black people in the 1920s could have airplanes in Tulsa, Oklahoma in the 1920s, then I believe blacks can at least revitalize their neighborhoods in 2015 and beyond.

Peace

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
RIGHT!!!

That's my complaint and what I'm trying to do. It's no one to tell these people who fukked up they are. I had a woman tell me she wouldn't let her child watch Selma. This same woman has never watch Malcolm X but has watch Forrest Gump I'm sure.

One thing you didn't mention is this though. THEY DON'T WANT TO BE TAUGHT about black independence and pride. Unless blacks are learning in a school or in a church they don't want to be taught. You know how many I've tried to show Hidden Colors to and they look at me like I don't want to watch that talkative ass shyt, but let CBS run a show called Jesus on Saturday night.

Thanks for the conversation.

That's because they were taught to not do things for their own benefit. Sister Souljah said it best in this clip:

Outside of my pops and shyt I've read/watched on my own nobody taught me the importance of supporting my community and how not doing it has disastrous effects. Nobody taught me about white supremacy, nobody taught me about how to think and behave as a black man, nobody taught me why it's so important to be involved in local elections.

We have a very unique experience in this country, and my generation have never been taught the steps needed to be successful in this society. So when I see black people like Young Thug who says he doesn't really care about Ferguson because he's getting money we shouldn't be shocked. Hes behaving exactly as he was taught to behave.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yea but the black community has more than enough money to finance itself without waiting on Oprah or Floyd Mayweather. Stats continually show that blacks spend trillions each year in malls, shoe stores, churches, hair salons and car lots. But supposedly, n#ggas are always broke when it comes to spending money on political backing, donations to black causes and investing in business.

The thing that people like the caller and you fail to realize is that it takes alot of people doing a little instead of waiting for a few people to do alot.

100% cosign on the bolded :wow:

If blacks were to setup an avenue where they can deposit money into a community chest, used to build black business tailored to that community's needs and wants, then some real action could take place.

This is something we can actually do right now. It's why I'm an advocate of all black people having their money in black banks. We know we face lending discrimination at white institutions. Wells Fargo just got sued by the Justice Dept for 175 million dollars for discriminatory lending practices against black people. One of things I'd like to do one day is get 1000 black people to commit to putting $1,000 in a black owned bank in a special account, and in return the bank would give favorable business loans to black people in the community to either start or grow their businesses (maybe earmark 250-500k of that money to be designated for that purpose).

That's a million dollars of our own money that we're now using to benefit our own community. But to do that sort of thing we'd have to be organized and it's something that I know I need to work on.

Imagine if the black households in Philadelphia, for example, donated $20 each per month to a community fund. That fund is governed by elected black officials with an oversight board. Within the city limits, about 1.5 million people live. Around 45 percent of those people are black, which gives us 700K black people, give or take. And let's say only half of those families donate every month. That would be $7 million dollars per month in capital and $84 million for the year.

With $84 million, I'm thinking some a school or two could be built. I'm thinking a bank or two could be created. I'm thinking some politicians could get financed. I'm thinking some run down neighborhoods could get gentrified.....by blacks and for black families. I'm thinking some desperately needed services could be created in black neighborhoods.

And that's only the beginning. Most people are followers, so once they see the fruition, the numbers would increase. And let's say, eventually, 75 percent of the black population joins in. That's $10 million per month and $120 million for the year. Way more than one person would donate.

Imagine if blacks across the country decided to do this in their neck of the woods every month and every year. Imagine all the new businesses that would be created to just to service the plans of the community fund. Imagine the money circulation that would lift many from poor to middle class, from middle class to upper class. Imagine the end of "glass ceilings" as black companies are created that hire black professionals to service the needs of the community.

If black people in the 1920s could have airplanes in Tulsa, Oklahoma in the 1920s, then I believe blacks can at least revitalize their neighborhoods in 2015 and beyond.

Peace

Honestly breh all it just takes people like me and you to make it happen. That might be something that you can start in your city, create that foundation, then spread that concept to black neighborhoods all over the country. If you think you're idea has merit, let's talk about it offline and see if we can come up with because I definitely want to do something similar out here in Atlanta.

We all have really good ideas and suggestions on what can possibly fix some of our problems. We just have to continue to motivate each other to make the right moves for our people.

Last edited:

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
i wonder if rich black celebrities say that to themselves as a way to make a excuse of not building shyt but complain about no Grammy, ocsars , awards, movie roles, distribution, and music ownership when they have clicks full with "ballers"

"you know we don't need to help each other its stupid, why should we help build something for the next generation "

but the same nikkas talking about buying black politicians to help our cause. What's funny billionaire/millionaire cacs drop crazy amount on black organization to let them know what side to ride for when she hit the fan but when comes to us .....

Last edited: