Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Homee wasn't as bad as Tariq said he was. He just wasn't as good as people (like Tariq) obviously unfamiliar with Star Wars needed him to be.

He busted his guns, he caught a few bodies (escaping the first order in the beginning, during the escape with the girl from Jaku, he bodied a storm tropper before getting dealt with) :lolbron:

I wasn't naive enough to believe he was the hero and the girl was his sidekick; I always knew the girl would be the Luke character based off her clothing, her location, mobbing around the desert with a droid etc..

My issue is more with the unecessary comic relief of the character which if you don't go into it expecting that will be kind of corny. That could be an issue with the writing and direction not specifically John Boyega. I think he did what he could with the material, although this
full
will never be cool... lol
Based on who his character was I didn't expect much out oh him, he's a storm trooper that ran away. If he was white under the mask there would be no conversation about his stupidity imo..
As I remember (without going back to review the ogee films) Storm troopers are generally bumbling idiots that win based off sheer numbers not skill.:manny:

The only point I'll really give Tariq is the lack of a triumph in the movie. He never really did anything good without getting bailed out, and that friend zone shyt was annoying lmao nikka had ZERO chance at the puss.

In contrast, the girl was already super saiyan Jedi just from twinkling her little white girl nose, closing her eyes and clicking her heels or whatever :russ:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Homee wasn't as bad as Tariq said he was. He just wasn't as good as people (like Tariq) obviously unfamiliar with Star Wars needed him to be.

He busted his guns, he caught a few bodies (escaping the first order in the beginning, during the escape with the girl from Jaku, he bodied a storm tropper before getting dealt with) :lolbron:

I wasn't naive enough to believe he was the hero and the girl was his sidekick; I always knew the girl would be the Luke character based off her clothing, her location, mobbing around the desert with a droid etc..

My issue is more with the unecessary comic relief of the character which if you don't go into it expecting that will be kind of corny. That could be an issue with the writing and direction not specifically John Boyega. I think he did what he could with the material, although this
full
will never be cool... lol
Based on who his character was I didn't expect much out oh him, he's a storm trooper that ran away. If he was white under the mask there would be no conversation about his stupidity imo..
As I remember (without going back to review the ogee films) Storm troopers are generally bumbling idiots that win based off sheer numbers not skill.:manny:

The only point I'll really give Tariq is the lack of a triumph in the movie. He never really did anything good without getting bailed out, and that friend zone shyt was annoying lmao nikka had ZERO chance at the puss.

In contrast, the girl was already super saiyan Jedi just from twinkling her little white girl nose, closing her eyes and clicking her heels or whatever :russ:

exactly, i dont mind a racial analysis of the movie, i would even agree with a lot of it, but its not the c00n movie of the year

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
No one needs to be a Star Wars nerd to understand the social context underlying the movie.

The movie was entertaining. The movie was funny at times. The movie sets the stage for the remaining story line within the trilogy.

But the Finn character was indeed a bumbling, asexual neophyte who was more feminine in demeanor than the female lead herself. Dude was constantly getting demeaned, attacked and saved by others. The female was more fearless than him. Old ass Han Solo was more fearless than him. Chewbacca was more fearless than him. Hell, the rolling robot thing was more fearless than him.

I'm not a Star Wars fan or expert, but in everything that I've read or seen so far about the series, the male protagonist always redeemed himself at some point in the movie by killing somebody or destroying something in a monumental fashion. That's the formula for all action movies and/or movies that have a male protagonist in an action format. Finn did none of that and in fact, got his ass beat in the climatic scene by the Kai Lo Ren character to the point of being in a damn coma.

Tariq wasn't lying in his analysis of this character.

Peace

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
No one needs to be a Star Wars nerd to understand the social context underlying the movie.

The movie was entertaining. The movie was funny at times. The movie sets the stage for the remaining story line within the trilogy.

But the Finn character was indeed a bumbling, asexual neophyte who was more feminine in demeanor than the female lead herself. Dude was constantly getting demeaned, attacked and saved by others. The female was more fearless than him. Old ass Han Solo was more fearless than him. Chewbacca was more fearless than him. Hell, the rolling robot thing was more fearless than him.

I'm not a Star Wars fan or expert, but in everything that I've read or seen so far about the series, the male protagonist always redeemed himself at some point in the movie by killing somebody or destroying something in a monumental fashion. That's the formula for all action movies and/or movies that have a male protagonist in an action format. Finn did none of that and in fact, got his ass beat in the climatic scene by the Kai Lo Ren character to the point of being in a damn coma.

Peace
Except that Finn was exceptionally brave in many parts of the film.

He was a child soldier who refused to take part in a massacre.

He devised a way to get off the ship with a prized hostage, not just a pilot. Though I didn't like how that convo mirrored a Jedi mind fukk.

Stormtroopers can't hit for shyt, but Finn has exceptional acumen with every weapon he touches.

He NEVER shied away from unavoidable conflict. But he was never stupid enough to run headlong into pointless battle. His wanting to get out of dodge was not cowardice, the Rebellion was doomed and he was in a unique position to know why and how.

Rey may have protested too much about not needing his help but the fact is that without Finns bravery at key points she'd be dead several times over.

Finn went back for Poe and only stopped searching when the ship sank.

Someone pointed out that he was the one to choose the Millennium Falcon as a getaway vehicle, not Rey. She doesn't notice it, she's never drawn to it even after he points it out.

On the Falcon they mirror each others how did I how did you speech, and their stance was the traditional romantic one.... With Finn shot in such a way he was shorter than Rey. There was no kiss or almost kiss though the scene called for one.

She doesn't know what a rancor is, Finn does. Why did the rancor drag Finn instead of immediately eating him?

Maz has nothing to say to Rey but she has a lot to say to Finn. Reys destiny is a done deal - shes a courier to return Luke his weapon - but its Finn whose decisions will be the turning point of the story and the Rebellion.

No Finn, no victory. Rey is wrong, she does need him.

And this meme that he's a coward and doesn't do anything heroic is troubling.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

Peace
:ehh:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

Peace

Actually you do need to watch all the movies before you make audacious statements

Cuz if you look at the original Luke was a bumbling whiny little bytch who was getting ordered around and outclassed by a female and got no play from the female through the whole movie and the only reason he was able to blow up the death star was because of Ben coming to him in a vision and Han Solo showing up at the last minute to save him

That being said there are racial issues in Star Wars just like in every Hollywood movie and there is some c00ning in the movie but it's nowhere near as serious as Tariq made it out to be, Tariq gets to his conclusion by being ignorant about the other Star Wars movies and ignoring the heroic aspects of Finn's character

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
Actually you do need to watch all the movies before you make audacious statements

Cuz if you look at the original Luke was a bumbling whiny little bytch who was getting ordered around and outclassed by a female and got no play from the female through the whole movie and the only reason he was able to blow up the death star was because of Ben coming to him in a vision and Han Solo showing up at the last minute to save him

That being said there are racial issues in Star Wars just like in every Hollywood movie and there is some c00ning in the movie but it's nowhere near as serious as Tariq made it out to be, Tariq gets to his conclusion by being ignorant about the other Star Wars movies and ignoring the heroic aspects of Finn's character

But Luke destroyed the Death Star. He still redeemed himself in monumental fashion. Finn did not. In fact, in the most monumental scene, Finn was brutally beaten to the point of being in a coma and needing to be carried off the field of battle.

Finn may have shot down some planes, but he was not the overall hero. I'm not saying the character was bad, but he wasn't the hero that the male protagonist usually is.

And to add insult to injury, dude didn't even get any play from his female protagonist counterpart....in an action movie. When does that happen? Never.

Peace