Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I really think it would have been nice if he came up with the name himself.

He meets the girl, catches himself midway...and blurts out "Finn"

Get rid of the sanitation talk. Yea, that was probably just a job he had like everyone else. But why use that joke? Hasn't this dude been clowned enough? We got it. He's green as hell.

Seeing the film again they could have done so many little things to make this character better.

I saw Attack the Block and then immediately saw Star Wars again. In Attack the Block you signs of the next Denzel. Dude's got acting chops. They didn't need him to be the comedy in the movie.

In this they are using him like Will Smith...but if Will Smith took L's throughout a movie. That might not even be fair to Will. He was sort of like Kevin Hart at times.

Thats not to say the role was bad. It just wasn't what he was hyped to be. I understand it can be good in the later films....but I think JJ specially wanted to prop up Rey at Finn's expense. Not because I believe he's racist. It's just a creative decision.

Just a few things here and there and not having Finn comatose (you can have him get injured...but at least do something to help Rey as she fights Kylo)

I think brehs will like his character the next movie. HIs motivations in this one still won't make any sense though. There's already talk that he was indeed friendzoned and they are casting a love interest for him in the next one. It seemed like they were building towards them being a couple, but I guess not.

Last edited:

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
Because Tariq was attacking "black nerds" personally for defending the movie, it wasn't like let's agree to disagree it was more like your a c00n and a slave if you disagree with me

But the thing is his facts and interpretation of the facts are wrong

Damn. I dont think ive ever disagreed with you so strongly. Its the one nikka at a time rule mixed with emasculation.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I listened to Tariqs Podcast and he posed the challenge to name a movie where the white hero was not redeemed at the end.

Ill stay within the Star Wars series and bring up The Empire Strikes back at the end Luke confronts Vader. Loses and gets his hand cut off. Ends the movie on a medic bed getting his arm repaired.

We know in the end of the trilogy Luke is redeemed.....but Tariq said in that when trying to defend Finn bringing up the possibility of redemption in the trilogy would be a cop out because we dont know whats gonna happen.

Empire Strikes Back came out in 1980, Return of the Jedi 1983 they didnt know whether Luke would be redeemed at that time either.

:ld:

Luke was the MAIN character of the trilogy, if you seriously for one second leaving the theater in 1980 thought that Luke wouldn't be triumphant 3 years later then somethings wrong with you...

Luke was ALREADY set up as a Hero capable of pulling off the impossible in ANH. He destroyed the Death Star. Finn wasn't given that, he wasn't even given a skill set. He spent his entire FIRST introduction as a weakling incapable of accomplishing ANYTHING on his own.

It's the same scenario as Neo in Matrix Reloaded, the previous movie had already ESTABLISHED Neo as a hero capable of doing the impossible, so him being in a coma at the end of that movie, there was still no doubt whatsoever that he'd be triumphant by the end of Revolutions.

Finn was ESTABLISHED from the onset as useless. NO "Hero" or male "Lead" in these movies is ESTABLISHED as absolutely useless by the closing of their first arc, journey, adventure, quest, etc. It's NEVER been done.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
5h5GacT.gif

Have your black character accused of being a thief, and hit with a stun gun, brehs....:wow:

bu bu...But...REALISM brehs!

Character development brehs!

Ju...jus....just WAIT until episode 8 brehs!

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
Luke was the MAIN character of the trilogy, if you seriously for one second leaving the theater in 1980 thought that Luke wouldn't be triumphant 3 years later then somethings wrong with you...

Luke was ALREADY set up as a Hero capable of pulling off the impossible in ANH. He destroyed the Death Star. Finn wasn't given that, he wasn't even given a skill set. He spent his entire FIRST introduction as a weakling incapable of accomplishing ANYTHING on his own.

It's the same scenario as Neo in Matrix Reloaded, the previous movie had already ESTABLISHED Neo as a hero capable of doing the impossible, so him being in a coma at the end of that movie, there was still no doubt whatsoever that he'd be triumphant by the end of Revolutions.

Finn was ESTABLISHED from the onset as useless. NO "Hero" or male "Lead" in these movies is ESTABLISHED as absolutely useless by the closing of their first arc, journey, adventure, quest, etc. It's NEVER been done.

Everything you said about Luke is true, but not relevant to his challenge.

He said name a movie where the white hero was not redeemed in the end.

Defenders of Finn were not allowed to bring up the possibility of redemption in the future movies. So you cant use the other movies from the og trilogy to fight this argument.

Edit: and im not saying that finn wasnt a weak character. Just responding to the challenge.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

see this is the problem, yall exaggerate everything

luke only destroyed the death start after 1) obi wan aka an old white man came to him and told him to use the force 2) vader was about to shoot him out the sky 3) han came back at the last minute (after saying he was running away from the empire) and saved him at the last minute 4) all he got was a hug and a smile from leia at the end

using the standard tariq made up, that finn's role could have been played by a lesbian, lukes role could have been played by a lesbian too

we can go on, lets talk about luke being portrayed as a bumbling idiot when he tried to rescue leia and how leia was grabbing guns from him and ordering him around like a little bytch and scolding him for being short and incompetent

but the point is there is way too much exaggeration and reading into the racial aspect of it, if luke skywalker had been a black lesbian you could make the same criticisms being made about finn, cuz the fact is luke was a little bytch for the entire movie and everything he accomplished was with the help of white people, he was never portrayed as independent

it wasnt till return of the jedi where luke became the actual independent hero

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
George Lucas Says He Sold ‘Star Wars’ to ‘White Slavers’

Wars’ to ‘White Slavers’
george-lucas-star-wars.jpg

Courtesy of Lucasfilm
December 30, 2015 | 01:38PM PT
Jacob Bryant

While Disney has to be pleased with the way its $4 billion acquisition of Lucasfilm is turning out, thanks to the galactic success of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” the man who created the “Star Wars” universe doesn’t feel the same way.

In an interview with Charlie Rose, George Lucas spoke about everything from his and Disney’s branching vision to the deal itself. Lucas, who has always been protective of his series and even refers to them as his “kids,” hasn’t been looking back well on the deal with Disney (via Collider).

“I sold them to the white slavers that takes these things, and…,” Lucas said before laughing and deciding it better not to finish. (See the interview below. Lucas mentions the “white slavers” around the 50-minute mark)

The father of “Star Wars” also opened up about why he and Disney were split on their decisions for the franchise’s future.

“They looked at the stories, and they said, ‘We want to make something for the fans,’” Lucas said. “They decided they didn’t want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing. … They weren’t that keen to have me involved anyway — but if I get in there, I’m just going to cause trouble, because they’re not going to do what I want them to do. And I don’t have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up,” he said. “And so I said, ‘OK, I will go my way, and I’ll let them go their way.’”

“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” has been a massive success in the two weeks it has been out, becoming the ninth-highest box office performer ever with $1.23 billion in global box office receipts.

======
Will try to embed the video soon.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holy shyt these nerds just took a massive L. Lmaooooooooooooooo

Breh George Lucas himslef just said he sold it to white slavers. If u read the article then the thread. It's fukking sad but hilarious. nikka nerds :laff::laff::laff:

They feelings is hurt as fukk :laff:

But but but mace windu :laff: