Daps
Fin was a beast :yeshrug:
Finn was a leader :yeshrug:
Finn was skilled :yeshrug:
Finn was smart :yeshrug:
Finn was brave :yeshrug:
Finn had heart :yeshrug:
Finn had everything you could want in a hero :manny:
It seems like the only people who have a problem with him are coli militants and black people who have insane expectations for him and want to find a problem with everything.
Pretty much everybody, including the ***** idiots who were hating on Boyega, love him.

Did you type all this foolery after a white girl was done straddling you around her college dorm?

:beli:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Not going to go as hard on this as Tariq. Already expressed most of my thoughts in the movie thread.

This post on IMDB (presumably from someone thats not black) basically summed up his character like this.

I liked Finn's character and the "idea" of the character, but that character didn't make a lot of sense for the reasons you outlined. He's likeable, well adjusted, good humored, but sort of inept and cowardly (until he tries to save Rey, of course). You'd think a stormtrooper trained since childhood would be exactly the opposite. Maladjusted but useful in a fight.

Finn's character did kinda follow the cliche "black guy" character. Brash but inept. Cocky but cowardly. Constantly playing it for laughs but getting his ass whooped. It makes the character less "threatening" to a wider audience.

I'm surprised the social crusaders aren't talking about the fact that Finn is also accused of being a thief and
Kylo even slashes his back in the final battle (like a slave getting whipped). I thought for SURE the web would explode with "think-pieces
" about Finn as a cliche black character, with racist undertones

Relates to the spoiler

These images fans are coming up with though :mjpls:
CWzx7VXWoAECEu9.png

Last edited:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Was anyone else bothered at the beginning when the white chick kept tellin finn to keep his hands off her and let her hand go? She said it like 3 times and to me it felt more like she was saying "dont touch me nikka". It didn't sit well with me.. They went out of their way to make the point she was not going to be romantically involved with him while he lusted after her the whole film. Didn't even get a real kiss at the end when he half dead. Just a forehead peck and her emphasizing he is just her friend. White nerds can breathe easier now..

But tariq is right and the more I think about Finns role the more I'm disgusted. They did him so bad at the end I forgot about half of all the other messed up things they did to him in the movie... Fumbling around with the tools when Rey was an expert at everything and needing her direction.. then he was fumbling around with bombs needing direction from Hans. Sold himself as a slave and shown fumbling around loading some shyt. Sweating profusely.. running from everything. His eyes buggin and nostrils flaring in every scene.. just a disgrace as black male lead character. Only thing missing was scene of him eating some space melon on the ship talking about "I show was hungry massa Han..."

and lol at Tariq yellin "Reeeyyy" like danny glover in leathal weapon yellin "Riiigggs"

And with all the talk on Finn.. Lets talk about Lupitas character.. I didnt realize who she was playing until after the film when I looked it up. They took a beautiful black woman and made her an ugly ass alien. And then on top of that she was crushin on Chewie.. A giant space GORILLA... These white folks cant help themselves man..

THIS! "He said you stole his jacket.. You are a thief!" (Droid zaps him after she hits him with her staff) y'all catch that?

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
No going to go as hard on this as Tariq. Already expressed most of my thoughts in the movie thread.

This post on IMDB (presumably from someone thats not black) basically summed up his character like this.

Relates to the spoiler

These images fans are coming up with though :mjpls:
CWzx7VXWoAECEu9.png

I caught that also.

Man

Internet Liar
Daps
I came to the same conclusions as Tariq but what else is Hollywood going to do. For their own sake, I hope a few kids that watch such don't grow up thinking nikkaz can't fight

We need to start making our own fantasy/Sci fi films loosely based on historical revolutionary and religious narratives tho instead of complain like bytches

Another media technique I peeped from young is the use of a British accent in film for tales of ancient civilizations, no matter their time or geographical location.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow you're fukking insane:dwillhuh:

No you're insane if you can watch this movie and not see whats is going on. Images are powerful. Hollywood is an extension of white supremacy. In 2016 they are coming out with another movie showing all white Egyptians. White folks play jesus too and biblical characters every year. Its delibrate and its to reaffirm themselves to believe they are superior.

Finn was the only negro in space. Folks say they saw another in the cafe scene but i must have blinked and missed it. He was the only character in this disney movie little black kids watching could latch on too.. a coward, a liar, and a loser...

Little white girls see Rey in the movie and leave thinking they can do anything... little white boys see poe, han, luke and kylo swagin in the movie and leave thinking they can be anything and rule the universe.

What message do you think this film gives little black boys and girls when they leave the theater? Is Finn a character little black boys should be inspired by? Would you buy your kid a finn action figure.. a fukkin space janitor?

Little black girls will leave knowing they can only be heard but not seen... not a single black female in the movie.. Lupita is known for her beauty.. So why did they take that from her? She is not known for her voice. Anyone could have played that ugly alien. It was no accident.

Images are powerful. And you would have to insane not to notice.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
No you're insane if you can watch this movie and not see whats is going on. Images are powerful. Hollywood is an extension of white supremacy. In 2016 they are coming out with another movie showing all white Egyptians. White folks play jesus too and biblical characters every year. Its delibrate and its to reaffirm themselves to believe they are superior.

Finn was the only negro in space. Folks say they saw another in the cafe scene but i must have blinked and missed it. He was the only character in this disney movie little black kids watching could latch on too.. a coward, a liar, and a loser...

Little white girls see Rey in the movie and leave thinking they can do anything... little white boys see poe, han, luke and kylo swagin in the movie and leave thinking they can be anything and rule the universe.

What message do you think this film gives little black boys and girls when they leave the theater? Is Finn a character little black boys should be inspired by? Would you buy your kid a finn action figure.. a fukkin space janitor?

Little black girls will leave knowing they can only be heard but not seen... not a single black female in the movie.. Lupita is known for her beauty.. So why did they take that from her? She is not known for her voice. Anyone could have played that ugly alien. It was no accident.

Images are powerful. And you would have to insane not to notice.
You're comparing this to Hollywood whitewashing African history :dwillhuh:
Edit: Actually you're not, sorry, you're using it as a reference for Hollywood fukkery
Still think you're ridiculously wrong.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I'm black.

Finn is actually a G. Go see the movie. Only people calling him a c00n are either

1. Hoteps with an inferiority complex.
2. Never seen a Star Wars film and would realize that (blank) does the exact same shyt for two films and was called a G and is one of the most beloved characters in the series.