Tariq Nasheed on new Star Wars movie - "12 Years a Space Slave"

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This was a good show. Lots of facts and entertainment. I was on the fence about seeing this movie but I might pass based on the show and the words here. My only problem was I think he went a little too far on Boyega's physical features. I know he said "no offense to the brotha" but damn Tariq. He called him "nikka" like a hundred times and talked about his "slave" looks. I think he could have eased up and left it to the character on screen being cowardly, simping after the girl and treated like a slave. Its nothing wrong with having physical features of slaves, those are our ancestors and we should be proud of what they passed on to us.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This was a good show. Lots of facts and entertainment. I was on the fence about seeing this movie but I might pass based on the show and the words here. My only problem was I think he went a little too far on Boyega's physical features. I know he said "no offense to the brotha" but damn Tariq. He called him "nikka" like a hundred times and talked about his "slave" looks. I think he could have eased up and left it to the character on screen being cowardly, simping after the girl and treated like a slave. Its nothing wrong with having physical features of slaves, those are our ancestors and we should be proud of what they passed on to us.

No such thing as "slave physical features".

And Tariq said Finn was making slave faces/expressions not his physical features were slave like. Unless there was something i missed during the show

The Emperor

Paid Agent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See Tariq is exposing himself...
We have a black brother with an African appearance and Tariq finds a way to denigrate him for it...

Solo

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So was he or is he going to be a jedi do he got the force in him? Pause!

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Tariq is an idiot...
I'm certain he didn't watch the movie from beginning to end...

I watched it and they nikka was the only person who didn't did joy in the final scene. Hell the baker son in the Hunger games got more action and play than Finn. Finn was trained to be a solider of war and was scared. In the Hunger games that dude was a baker son and was never really bytch made when he was in the field.

Edit
I apologize for quoting you. I know better to quote a person with that much red in the profile. I want reply to you again. My apology.

The Emperor

Paid Agent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched it and they nikka was the only person who didn't did joy in the final scene. Hell the baker son in the Hunger games got more action and play than Finn. Finn was trained to be a solider of war and was scared. In the Hunger games that dude was a baker son and was never really bytch made when he was in the field.
Let me ask you 3 questions.
Did he save anybodys life?
Did he ever display courage?
What was he doing when he got injured?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Edit
I apologize for quoting you. I know better to quote a person with that much red in the profile. I want reply to you again. My apology.

Breh you could literally post almost every white male hero in Science Fiction/Fantasy HISTORY and not come across ONE example the "Hero" getting his ass handed to him repeatedly and receiving ZERO redemption by movie's end. shyt is almost comical the lengths people are going to REACH for a win to give the character...

"Bu...bu...BUT if it weren't for Finn the Falcon might not have had fuel to fly! He's "integral" to the plot!"

Ridiculous and insulting. They neutered the character to the point where after the first 30 minutes, he's genuinely not needed in the movie. Every single action he takes in the film ends in FAILURE:snoop:

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Was anyone else bothered at the beginning when the white chick kept tellin finn to keep his hands off her and let her hand go? She said it like 3 times and to me it felt more like she was saying "dont touch me nikka". It didn't sit well with me.. They went out of their way to make the point she was not going to be romantically involved with him while he lusted after her the whole film. Didn't even get a real kiss at the end when he half dead. Just a forehead peck and her emphasizing he is just her friend. White nerds can breathe easier now..

But tariq is right and the more I think about Finns role the more I'm disgusted. They did him so bad at the end I forgot about half of all the other messed up things they did to him in the movie... Fumbling around with the tools when Rey was an expert at everything and needing her direction.. then he was fumbling around with bombs needing direction from Hans. Sold himself as a slave and shown fumbling around loading some shyt. Sweating profusely.. running from everything. His eyes buggin and nostrils flaring in every scene.. just a disgrace as black male lead character. Only thing missing was scene of him eating some space melon on the ship talking about "I show was hungry massa Han..."

and lol at Tariq yellin "Reeeyyy" like danny glover in leathal weapon yellin "Riiigggs"

And with all the talk on Finn.. Lets talk about Lupitas character.. I didnt realize who she was playing until after the film when I looked it up. They took a beautiful black woman and made her an ugly ass alien. And then on top of that she was crushin on Chewie.. A giant space GORILLA... These white folks cant help themselves man..

No wonder this thread got posted in the Locker Room. This is the only place where your craziness would be tolerated with all the pseudo-militants and black power wannabes on here. I guess you missed the part where she was begging him not to leave huh? Or the part where he came to save her on the ship? You can't be serious. And why would she want him holding her hands. At that part of the movie she had literally just met him five seconds earlier.