Reppin
NULL
This nikka on the Death Star:

nwjt10x.gif
:dead:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I don't think you understood his point. Jar-Jar Binks had some "heroic" moments, but the character as a whole isn't all that central to the plot other than being one that is in areas to aid the more central characters like Rey or Poe or Han.

In any-case, it wouldn't matter if he were white because like someone mentioned, there are thousands of other films with white leads that are treated as people touched by God himself. And Rey is being treated in that same light. How is someone going to know how to utilize the force to such a degree after learning about it only a few hours ago? :martin:

In any-case the movie is a movie. It was intended for whites which is okay with me. But let's not act like Finn was anything more than a damn side-kick Tonto (portrayed worse in fact) to a white girl who kicked his ass. :mjlol:

But here is how people really see Finn:

Bumbling
a Fool
Joking
Kind of stupid
No useful assets
Coward (he lies a lot out of fear which is a form of cowardice)
Simp
Weak

I bet 87% of people would describe Finn using 5 of those attributes I saw.

At least we progressed Black folk.

We aren't saved by the white man, now we are saved by the white woman. :skip:

See! We gotta make movie were white folks are just background noise or not there at all.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Can someone break down Lupita's character it's kind of ironic because of the thread title. We need to break this shyt all the way down.

I lost it at someone saying Fin using bass mouth expression's.
I think there's more to her character than what we saw. She ran a club similar to the cantina in ANH. According to Han, she ran it for a thousand years. That in itself says she's seen and done some shyt. Plus 1,000 years has great importance in SW lore. The Sith were supposedly extinguished 1000 years before the events in TPM, so it's possible she was around during the last Sith war. (Possibly as a Jedi)

She said she's not a Jedi, but she "knows" the Force. The same way that Sidious told Anakin he had a mentor that "showed" him the ways of the Force. Mysteriously, she had Luke's (Anakin's) old lightsaber in her possession, and she didn't trip when Rey went down into the basement of the club, and was led to it. The visions Rey saw when she touched it were not unlike Luke's in the cave on Dagobah. Which leads me to believe she knew they were coming for it.
Lastly, for everybody shytting on Finn, she entrusted HIM with the lightsaber after Rey ran from her visions. That tells me she saw something in him as well. It's painfully obvious that both of them were being guided by the Force. How the fukk else would both of them would hold their own against Kylo without any prior training :stopitslime: . I think she had an introductory role in this movie, but will have a bigger one the next one.

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Insert from c00n Wars Script

Fin: I don't know if I can get up, I am ready to die

Cac jedi girl: I will help you negro space slave. You work for me now!

Fin: For you, my snow white bunny I will shuck and jive right on up, please extend your pretty white hand.

Cac jedi girl: hurry up sambo or I'll leave you for the sand worms! also you aint getting a taste of the pawg life so stop thirsting!

Fin: Yes massa snow bunny princess!

*grabs white savior snow bunnies hand for dear life*

tumblr_nmwyrtckFG1rvwsfxo2_500-1429215207.gif

:dead:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I don't see any criticism on the movie, only bytching about white people as usual. I don't know how some of you claim to want total economic freedom but still want white people money and opportunities. John Boyega got the leading role on a billions dollars movie, but it seems you can never be satisfied. I don't see any problem with the movie, Tariq Nasheed is a typical fake black activist who don't want any other black men than himself to achieve success, you need to wake up and see his pimp game.

"Why can't you ******s just be happy we put one of your kind in our movies?! You should be happy we allow you blue gums to enjoy the breath of our Nordic women like Rey. Now stop whining, pull yourself up by your boot straps, and realize that we are all equal, boon" right..

:martin:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there's more to her character than what we saw. She ran a club similar to the cantina in ANH. According to Han, she ran it for a thousand years. That in itself says she's seen and done some shyt. Plus 1,000 years has great importance in SW lore. The Sith were supposedly extinguished 1000 years before the events in TPM, so it's possible she was around during the last Sith war. (Possibly as a Jedi)

She said she's not a Jedi, but she "knows" the Force. The same way that Sidious told Anakin he had a mentor that "showed" him the ways of the Force. Mysteriously, she had Luke's (Anakin's) old lightsaber in her possession, and she didn't trip when Rey went down into the basement of the club, and was led to it. The visions Rey saw when she touched it were not unlike Luke's in the cave on Dagobah. Which leads me to believe she knew they were coming for it.
Lastly, for everybody shytting on Finn, she entrusted HIM with the lightsaber after Rey ran from her visions. That tells me she saw something in him as well. It's painfully obvious that both of them were being guided by the Force. How the fukk else would both of them would hold their own against Kylo without any prior training :stopitslime: . I think she had an introductory role in this movie, but will have a bigger one the next one.
:clap:

Londilon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Why can't you ******s just be happy we put one of your kind in our movies?! You should be happy we allow you blue gums to enjoy the breath of our Nordic women like Rey. Now stop whining, pull yourself up by your boot straps, and realize that we are all equal, boon" right..

:martin:
Blue gums tho? :damn::dead:

2stains

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lets break this down

Original motivation was to not kill innocent people, against all of his training and literally everything he'd ever known. After that it was to get as far away from the First Order as possible since he'd be a wanted traitor. Then he was motivated to help the droid get home even though that wasn't his original goal. After that it was to save Rey.

Its about the character right? So lets talk about THIS movie. You continue to ignore his multiple heroic moments
- disobeying orders to kill
- rescuing poe
- getting 2 kills in the first escape
- saving Rey on Jakku
- getting a few kills in the fight outside the bar
- going on a rescue mission
- bringing the shield down
- fighting a Sith and actually hurting him

Breh you really set the bar low on what makes a person a "hero"..Most of the "heroic" things you named was the Finn character inadvertently accomplishing them AS HE WAS COWARDLY TRYING TO RUN AWAY from the First Order.

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
I haven't seen the film or have watched a Star Wars film in my life but I was planning on seeing it this weekend. Now, I probably won't even check for it. Tariq was on point as usual. The film makers just wanted to fleece money from the casual black audience and the black nerds. They know we'll support anything black thats out on display and is symbolized.

I was hoping to see the Boyega that was kicking ass in Attack The Block.

And this just shows that we need to create our own Star Wars.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
They finessed nikkas lowkey with the black leads like in Django....a cac has to come teach a nikka how to kill and give them a weapon. :francis:

THIS! Trailer looking like a Nate Turner rebellion but turned out to be Mississippi Burning good ole white liberal savior gonna guide us through these evil white folks to equality

:blessed: