Tariq Nasheed- Breaking Boundaries: The Olympic Erasure of Black Creators

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
And again the real information isn't coming from Tariq, Tariq went and got the real legends to speak on it.

and unrelated to this quoted post:
unless black people catch some of this stuff early people have shown that they'll pull out the "well yall didn't say anything before" excuses. This like when that little black girl started the Tiktok dance trend and thenpeople had to correct the shyt because them two white girls got famous from it and they acted like the black girl was just a "co-creator". At NBA all-star weekend that one year they were going to have the two white girls "teach people the dance" and people had to complain to get the black girl recognized. The white girls were acting like they were doing charity for the actual creator.
maxresdefault.jpg

this is why we need to correct some shyt before it gets out of hand.

The irony of your comment is that I already pointed out in post #42 that there was already a 2011 docU that existed called Founding Fathers with real legends already speaking on it 7 years prior to Tariq making those Tweets saying Herc started Hip hop. So the info was already out there even when Tariq didn't know it and was saying wrong sh1t.

So Black people did catch it early and the real info was out there and Tariq didn't know the truth because he really didn't care about the truth or the history of hip hop till he stated having his personal diaspora war around 2020. And it's no coincidence that when Tariq makes a big deal about hip hop origins all of a sudden the ones who didn't care prior, all of a sudden care now. It's fake. Just like those in here now who all of a sudden are defending breaking when they didn't give two sh1ts before this thread existed. it's fake.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The irony of your comment is that I already pointed out in post #42 that there was already a 2011 docU that existed called Founding Fathers with real legends already speaking on it 7 years prior to Tariq making those Tweets saying Herc started Hip hop. So the info was already out there even when Tariq didn't know it and was saying wrong sh1t.

So Black people did catch it early and the real info was out there and Tariq didn't know the truth because he really didn't care about the truth or the history of hip hop till he stated having his personal diaspora war around 2020. And it's no coincidence that when Tariq makes a big deal about hip hop origins all of a sudden the ones who didn't care prior, all of a sudden care now. It's fake. Just like those in here now who all of a sudden are defending breaking when they didn't give two sh1ts before this thread existed. it's fake.
I've seen that documentary multiple times, but it was mainly about DJing.

and you're heavy into that "yall didn't care before" stuff. If that's all you have to say i'll stop interacting with you.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Once again, just because we’re progressing the culture doesn’t mean we’ve abandoned anything. At this point you’re just being intentionally obtuse.

Black Americans don’t care who finally catches on to what we did decades ago whether it’s break dancing or tap dancing. Just don’t say you invented it.

How is break dancing not secured by black Americans? There’s literally movie franchises about break dancing :mjlol:

If black people didn’t move on from break dancing to create new dances y’all wouldn’t have anything new to copy like Taylor swift swag surfing 15 years after black people

:camby:
You didn't even listen to the video posted in the OP. Once you said "Just don't say you invented it" you exposed yourself for not even listening to the video. My original comment was in response to the actual video in the OP and you're saying something totally unrelated. Don't quote me anymore because you are clearly uninformed. If u quote me again I won't respond.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Do I understand correctly that we're being erased because breakdancing is now an Olympic event? :huh:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
We not talking about everybody/everyone tho. The thread topic is about a Tariq video. You then came in here and defended Tariq with wrong info and I corrected you.
So the only person who said Kool Herc created hip hop to lose credibility for saying this is Tariq Nasheed. Nobody else who ever said this has lost credibility for saying it.

Got it.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I've seen that documentary multiple times, but it was mainly about DJing.

and you're heavy into that "yall didn't care before" stuff. If that's all you have to say i'll stop interacting with you.

You seen the docu so that fully confirms Tariq in 2018 didn't do his research and didn't really care about the history and was still saying Kool Herc started it 7 years later when the info was out there. Thanks for confirming it and proving my point. We can stop interacting because you just proved my point.:ehh:

that guy

Superstar
Daps
:camby:
You didn't even listen to the video posted in the OP. Once you said "Just don't say you invented it" you exposed yourself for not even listening to the video. My original comment was in response to the actual video in the OP and you're saying something totally unrelated. Don't quote me anymore because you are clearly uninformed. If u quote me again I won't respond.
Of course you won’t respond nor should you, I’ve already educated you. I responded directly to your posts, not the video.

You’re entire argument is “black Americans abandoned break dancing so y’all can’t be mad that other people are adopting break dancing and erasing your contributions”

1. We didn’t abandon break dancing
2. Whether we still break dance or not, we still invented it and the entire culture surrounding. It’s called the 5 pillars of hip hop.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
So the only person who said Kool Herc created hip hop to lose credibility for saying this is Tariq Nasheed. Nobody else who ever said this has lost credibility for saying it.

Got it.

:mjlol:

Dude. You must've forgot. I posted those 2018 tweets to correct your wrong info about Tariq being a hip hop nerd who knows more then the average person. My response was in correcting what you said about Tariq not other people.

If you wanna bring up other people that's your prerogative to do so but that would just be you going off topic from the wrong info you said about Tariq. I stayed on topic but you wanna go off topic.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
You seen the docu so that fully confirms Tariq in 2018 didn't do his research and didn't really care about the history and was still saying Kool Herc started it 7 years later when the info was out there. Thanks for confirming it and proving my point. We can stop interacting because you just proved my point.:ehh:
Let’s say Tariq didn’t “do his research” 7 years ago. What does that have to do with today and the research that he did do for his documentary?

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tariq always the hottest topic on the coli :mjlol:
That because he the man the coli loves to hate if you have a thread title with tariq name in it will going on for ten pages or more of coli posters going :pacspit:. if was not for all of the love to hate:pacspit: threads that get make about him in TLR I would never heard of him:russ:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That because he the man the coli loves to hate if you have a thread title with tariq name in it will going on for ten pages or more of coli posters going :pacspit:. if was not for all of the love to hate:pacspit: threads that get make about him in TLR I would never heard of him:russ:
Thats what im saying..stupid motherfukkas just giving him more publicity:what:

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol:

Dude. You must've forgot. I posted those 2018 tweets to correct your wrong info about Tariq being a hip hop nerd who knows more then the average person. My response was in correcting what you said about Tariq not other people.

If you wanna bring up other people that's your prerogative to do so but that would just be you going off topic from the wrong info you said about Tariq. I stayed on topic but you wanna go off topic.
You're all over the place breh. "wrong info about Tariq being a hip hop nerd who knows more then the average person. " Every post I've made has been about other people. The average person is other people. Knowing who Kool Herc even was in 2018 puts you ahead of the average hip hop head :skip: